Alxandria

ExclamationTestlive 1.5 PvP Patch Notes

PVP
Minigames
* Fixed an issue that could cause minigames not to start.
* Fixed an issue that caused players to be removed from the minigame queue when zoning or resurrecting.
* Fixed an issue that caused players not to be able to join minigames that are already in progress.
* Fixed an issue that caused minigame in progress not to request new players.

Fusang
* Fusang now uses the resurrection system from the minigames. All respawn timers (including the minigames) are set to be 15 seconds max.
* The Fusang status results and map should update correctly again.
* The maximum population for Fusang now scales dynamically. If your side has more than the minimum side plus a threshold (currently set at ten) you will be added to a queue. You will be able to enter once the population of the other factions increases.
* Underdog custodians no longer attack the inner facility.
* It is no longer possible to heal an underdog custodian.
* Underdogs custodians no longer attack facilities that are under attack by another underdog custodian.
* Illuminati base : Extended the safe area around the home base

Eldorado
* The flag carrying particles now properly get removed from players who are linkdead.
* The relics are now a flat distance away from the starting point rather than a variable distance.
* Neutral flags now have a pickup time.
* The "let it go" achievement should now work correctly.

Stonehenge
* The capture area will show the particle indicating who owns the area once again.
* All achievements should work as intended.

RedSectorX

Fusang scaling dynamically? A respawn timer? We can join midgame for mini games? I'm interested to see how these new updates will work out.
Pax Agnitio
A division of the Pax Gaming Community

Jerich "Heroux" Steinhal: PvP Legatus
Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
▲Illuminati▲ | ▲RP/PVE/PVP▲

Edgewalker

I like these changes. Now if we could only queue for multiple things at once...

Karmakoma

Lots of good stuff.
I would have hoped for more "affine scaled" reward in Fusang : more points than 0 when your side has nothing... but well, it's Testlive patch notes
Make Love(craft), not War(craft) !

Ha Ha ! I m a PvPer...

Vous avez plus de 25 ans ? Voulez rejoindre une cabale cool mais bon niveau ?
Venez faire un tour chez R.E.D ! (anciennement Le Parkzheimer Club)

marthos

Respawn timer will definitely make well defense significantly harder. That should at least allow for more flipping of wells all over the map. This does seem to benefit the dominant faction moreso than the underdogs, who can devote more players to defense, however the population limit on the dominant faction of 10+smallest faction should limit this advantage a bit.

This update is really going to depend on the smallest faction for success.

With a single underdog, the dominant faction has 11 players for a 1:11 ratio. Lopsided map.
With five underdogs, the dominant only has three times the numbers.
WIth ten underdogs, the advanage falls to two to one.

I think with 7-10 minimum on the smallest faction, Fusang will be great. Anymore than that, the better it is. But less than 6 players and it will be sucky again. We'll have to see.

Improvement over the current system I hope!

Karmakoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthos View Post
This update is really going to depend on the smallest faction for success.

With a single underdog, the dominant faction has 11 players for a 1:11 ratio. Lopsided map.
With five underdogs, the dominant only has three times the numbers.
WIth ten underdogs, the advanage falls to two to one.
Not exactly, you forgot that Fusang is a 3 side map

So the worst possible is 1 vs 1 vs 11 : basicaly, 1 vs 5
With 5 min, it's 5 vs 5 vs 15 : so 5 vs 7

So, imho, with 5 min, it will be already good.
Make Love(craft), not War(craft) !

Ha Ha ! I m a PvPer...

Vous avez plus de 25 ans ? Voulez rejoindre une cabale cool mais bon niveau ?
Venez faire un tour chez R.E.D ! (anciennement Le Parkzheimer Club)

Alxandria

I hope that they also restore the WM back to their original pre-nerf, otherwise with 'balanced' control, EVERY faction will earn much less than 100 WMs per tick, and many casual PvPers will not see Fusang as worth their time.

The original WM nerf is what helped finish off Fusang super quick.

Noriyuke

I would honestly wait with tweaking rewards anywhere until we see results. I am curious what happens if people drop out from the lowest faction. Will the dominant stay as long as they are there, or is there a kicking mechanism (hoping there isn't, since it is in no way the would-be kicked players fault.).

Quote:
The original WM nerf is what helped finish off Fusang super quick.
A few people theorise.

escritores

Yahoooooo more queues can't wait to wait in another one it's gonna be sooooooooo awesome...

1 vs. 1 afk vs. 11 with 10 afk... Is what you meant Grid...
Escritores
Recruitment Officer of
RAGNAROK
A founding Illuminati Cabal
Guild Forum | Recruitment

chewbacca1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxandria View Post
* The maximum population for Fusang now scales dynamically. If your side has more than the minimum side plus a threshold (currently set at ten) you will be added to a queue. You will be able to enter once the population of the other factions increases.
So if there are no Dragons in play, 10 player cap? Looks like FunlessCom caved to the whiners
PLEASE GIVE US A PROPER INVENTORY SYSTEM WITH AUTOSORT AND AUTOSTACKING FOR CHRISTMAS