Cogneter

The Venetian

ExclamationMonthly Duel Tournament - December (16.12.2012)

= Tournaments =
Monthly Duel Tournament - December (16.12.2012, 18:00 UTC)
Monthly Duel Tournament - November (11.11.2012)
Halloween PvP Tournament (21.10.2012)

Hello everyone!

It is time for the third in our series of duel tournaments. It features a few minor changes from the November's tournament, namely:
1) You will only need to specify your name to sign up. However, your participation will have to be confirmed in-game to verify your identity.
2) This and all the future duel tournaments will be held in London Fight Club. New York proved too dark, while Seoul has too much space and no anima well.
3) Since this is the last tournament this year, the rewards are going to be higher.

-= Participants =-
Cogneter
Torture
Riddim
Chomper
Ysondre
Vazz
Uxe
BloodyQueen

-= Prizes =-
The rewards are in Pax Romana. You can then spend them in Auction House to buy awesome stuff!
1st place: 7.5 million Pax
2nd place: 5 million Pax
3rd place: 2.5 million Pax

-= Signing up =-
To sign up, simply provide your in-game nickname. You can post it in this thread or send me (Cogneter) a message in-game.

-= How it will go down =-
1) Preparation
1.1) The Participants sign up by providing their name and confirming their participation in-game.
1.2) Based on faction and past perfomance, the Participants are divided into groups of ~4 players.
1.3) The resulting tournament table will be posted in this thread on Saturday, 15.12.2012.
3) Qualification
2.1) All Participants go online in TSW when the Tournament starts (16.12.2012, 18:00 UTC).
2.2) They are invited in pairs to the Fight Club and inside the fighting area.
2.3) The Participants in every group fight 3 duels against each other.
2.4) If two Participants can't kill each other for over 3 minutes, it's a tie (0.5-0.5).
2.5) Based on the number of rounds won, two Participants from every group move to the finals.
3) The Finals
3.1) The Participants who made it to the final fight duels against each other.
3.2) The first Participant to score 2 (3 in the final and semi-finals) victories against his opponent wins.
3.3) The winner goes to the next round, the loser is eliminated.
3.4) An additional match is played before the final to determine the 3rd place.
3.5) The Tournament lasts until there is only one winner.

-= Rules =-
1) If a Participant experiences technical difficulties (i.e. loses Internet connection or lags too much), he loses the fight.
2) A Participant has 5 minutes to join (or re-join) his match and 2 minutes for preparation between fights. If he takes longer, he's kicked out.
3) The use of 3rd party tools/mods to gain an unfair advantage is forbidden. Participants doing so will be kicked out.
4) Purposeful use of exploits is forbidden. Participants doing so will be kicked out.
5) Interrupting the fights (entering the fighting area when it's not your match) is forbidden. Participants doing so will be kicked out.
6) If the fight is interrupted (a person enters the fighting area and damages the Participants), the fight is started over.
7) If it becomes obvious both Participants can't kill each other, one of them is allowed to request a build change.
8) Changing builds mid-fight (without a request) is allowed in cases when the change is possible.
9) If, 3 minutes into the fight, the Participants still have over 75% HP each, they are asked to change builds.
10) If, 6 minutes into the fight, the Participants still can't kill each other, both of them are kicked out.
11) If both Participants are kicked and can't be substituted, the opponent of the expected winner in the next round automatically wins.
12) The final is played till 3 victories and each fight is up to 12 minutes. If the time limit is reached, both finalists get the 2nd place rewards and there is no winner.

-= Judging =-
The matches will be judged by one of the Guardians. This Guardian has the final say in whether someone breaks the rules and has the authority to kick Participants from the Tournament.
Based on the arising circumstances and acting in the best interests of the Participants, the judge is authorized to make decisions not covered by the rules.
If a Guardian decides to also be a Participant, he loses all judging authority during his matches.

-= Recommendations =-
1) Even though there are no official gear restrictions, it is recommended that you have a full purple set with purple glyphs.
2) If you want to avoid losing due to your inability to kill an opponent, prepare an anti-healing build.
3) If someone tries to interrupt the fight, try to avoid him, moving your fighting aside while the Guardians take care of the perpetrator.
4) You can start the fight as soon as both you and your opponent are tagged for PvP.
5) If you need to safely recharge your CDs between the rounds, you can do so in the spectator area.
6) Type "/chat join MDT" to join the tournament's chat channel.

-= Interruptions / Guardians =-
Fight Clubs are public, so there may be interruptions by Non-Participants (NP). To deal with them, a few Guardians will be appointed.
The Guardians will politely inform NPs that a tournament is being held here and offer them to either spectate or leave.
If a NP refuses to leave and heads into the fighting area, the Guardians are to follow him and eliminate him the moment he becomes tagged for PvP.

Guardians:
Cogneter
Troll

If there are too many NPs for Guardians to handle, the match is moved to another dimension.

-= Changing Builds =-
Changing builds between fights is normal and you have 2 minutes to do so. However, a need may arise when you need to switch builds during the fight.
Such need arises when either of the two Participants is a pure healer. This can lead to a stalemate, when the Participants simply can't kill each other.
If a Participant is able to change his build without pausing the fight (i.e. his opponent is not attacking him), he may do so.
If a Participant is under attack, he is allowed to request a build change. In that case, if the judge agrees, the fighting is paused long enough to switch builds. When the build changer or the judge give the word, the fighting resumes.
If the opponents can't kill each other for 3 minutes, they are requested to disengage and change their builds by the judge. If, after another 3 minutes, they still can't kill each other, both of them are kicked from the Tournament.
Last edited by Cogneter; 12-16-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Cogneter

The Venetian

Here is an example of a filled sign up form:

Cogneter

Simple, isn't it?

Wolfpack

You rock Congneter -- thanks for organizing these.

Moenski

Torture

Just because I can.
Alexei "Torture" Chertov - Illuminati - ICO

"Winners don't make excuses when the other side just plays the game"
- Harvey Specter

Arnfasta

Did horrendous last time but I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

My entry: Arnfasta

gl hf all

Moenski

I'm pretty sure Riddim is in as well, I'll get him to post.
Alexei "Torture" Chertov - Illuminati - ICO

"Winners don't make excuses when the other side just plays the game"
- Harvey Specter

Shini

Yes I'd like to submit an entry, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the entry form, it's too complicated
Alex "Riddim" Lockheart
Member of ICO

RedSectorX

Unfortunately I likely won't be able to participate in this one. Due to us losing an employee at my place of occupation, I have to work mornings during the weekends now until the afternoon. (2:30 PM Pacific or so) If I by some miracle get it off I'll sign up for the tourney.
Pax Agnitio
A division of the Pax Gaming Community

Jerich "Heroux" Steinhal: PvP Legatus
Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
▲Illuminati▲ | ▲RP/PVE/PVP▲

Karmakoma

Thanks for this tournament organisation. I unfortunately dont think I ll be available to participate. I ll try to come and spectate though (time permiting)

You may want to clarify the following though :

Quote:
2.4) If two Participants can't kill each other for over 3 minutes, it's a tie (0.5-0.5).
and
Quote:
9) If, 3 minutes into the fight, the Participants still have over 75% HP each, they are asked to change builds.
10) If, 6 minutes into the fight, the Participants still can't kill each other, both of them are kicked out.
Make Love(craft), not War(craft) !

Ha Ha ! I m a PvPer...

Vous avez plus de 25 ans ? Voulez rejoindre une cabale cool mais bon niveau ?
Venez faire un tour chez R.E.D ! (anciennement Le Parkzheimer Club)

Kabulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmakoma View Post
You may want to clarify the following though
Fight between me and Cogneter first tourney if the perfect example of those rules.

Also can't make it will be doing christmas with family that weekend.