Closed Thread

ne-X-us

CoolOutdoor PvP and... gank incoming

Latest interview Bylos about TSW

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...on-requirement

Quote:
One of the more interesting ideas that we hope to implement soon is the idea of PvP events in the open world – a relic appears in a random playfield and the three factions must compete for a short amount of time to control it. Anyone who enters the area can be flagged for PvP and compete for the relic. It’s a little like a dynamic event, but encouraging competition rather than co-operation between the factions.
Can't wait...

Cogneter

The Venetian

Is there any lore explanation for this? Or did the lore become irrelevant without Ragnar?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new kinds of PvP, but there are probably a dozen of in-game mentions of CoV approving the faction conflict in specific areas only. Are these mentions going to be removed?

Atuerstar

While I understand the lore and the council of venices overriding influence on how we behave I always found it to be...far fetched.

When Im deep in a dark forest in the middle of the night with a lumie bumbling around in front of me I cannot help but ask (and have done so often) how would the Venetians ever know? A quick blow to the back of the head and stuff the body in an acid barrel at Edgars scrapyard - how would the Council even work out it was me if they find the remains?

Or even just knock em unconscious and sell them to the vamps as everlasting lumie bloodbags? Its a black market just waiting to happen!

So a relic popping up which turns into an all out rampage for power, until Venice shows up and locks the area down, seem much more realised than what we have now.
Ad Tempus Universus Ego Restare

nusquam

Game Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogneter View Post
Is there any lore explanation for this? Or did the lore become irrelevant without Ragnar?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new kinds of PvP, but there are probably a dozen of in-game mentions of CoV approving the faction conflict in specific areas only. Are these mentions going to be removed?
There will be a lore explanation. These are essentially "black ops". The factions all obey CoV with varying levels of contempt - but if something of real value lands, you know that the CoV sanctions go right out the window.

The example that exists in the game already is the London Underground faction mission.

Plus there is this storyline involving the CoV...

Cogneter

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
The example that exists in the game already is the London Underground faction mission.
Well, there were no CoV representatives stationed in the underground.

But I assume the zones are big enough for the relics to appear far enough from them.

cvzero

Sounds like it could be fun. As long as it doesn't end up turning into an open world gank fest like FoM. And as long as all three factions respond when the alert goes out.... would suck if a certain faction always won these things on each server....

-Ophiuchus-

Will the PvP flag be something you can choose to toggle on/off? As in, if you keep it toggled off you cannot be attacked nor accidentally get yourself flagged by standing nearby someone who is, but also you can't interact with the objectives nor affect flagged players (so no pocketheals etc)?

Will the default setup be either where flagged PvP is allowable except in certain zones where all pvp is disabled, or the other way around: by default flagged PvP is disabled except in certain zones whilst the events are running?

I see this as being perfectly within the Lore. They don't like each other, after all, and the CoV rules are mostly lip service and not engaging in all-out open warfare
Remember kids, Gender Equality is just a Joke to Funcom's management!
Chaos/Blade Tank
AR/Elemental Pew
Fist/Blood Heal
Nusquam (12/12/12): And no lockboxes, I promise.

Rightlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne-X-us View Post
Latest interview Bylos about TSW

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...on-requirement

Can't wait...
Sounds very exciting! Though I'm curious how this is gonna work with the multiple instances per playfield system?

Cogneter

The Venetian

Lore concerns aside, it would be nice to receive notifications, detailing when and where these events are going to happen.

I would very much like to participate in them, but I can't patrol every zone, since I spend 80% of time in NY/London/Agartha/Fusang.

marthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogneter View Post
From a lore perspective this is already in the game. We frequently run into the Pheonicians, another member of the CoV, and throw down with them.
Closed Thread