Cicileus

DefaultHow to find a Cabal in TSW

How to find a Cabal in TSW

A small bit of cabal-finding advice.

1. If you're interested in PvE, particularly end-game raids/dungeons, go to Agartha and see which cabals are setting up PUGs. If a cabal is kind enough to open up one spot to a new person, they might be recruiting, and it shows that they're at least interested in meeting new people. Also ask folks what cabals seem to be the good and active ones (don't spam chat, just patiently ask around politely). You'll probably see announcements for cabals that are recruiting. Even if you're not ready to run with the big dogs, this will help you identify who the big dogs are!

2. If you're interested in PvP, go to the PvP forum and ask around. If you already have a character, get to the Fusang battleground and ask after cabals there. That's the best place to see who's active and recruiting. Again, don't spam chat, see who's there and then ask around politely.

3. If you're interested in RP, check out the unofficial home of the RP community www.tsw-rp.com. There is a section of cabal advertising there also. The RP forum and/or the Arcadia and Leviathan forums are also useful. (But, from a RP perspective, dimension doesn't matter.) Another good option is to hang out in the Horned God in London for a while and see who's around and talking and interested in striking up a conversation.

4. Unless you're mainly a PvPer, don't limit yourself to just your "dimension". You can bounce willy-nilly between servers, so ANY group of folks that plays the way you want to play is a good choice, no matter what dimension(s) they're on.

5. Verify that the cabal you're interested in seems to have the appropriate number and kinds of members on Chronicle. (You have to determine what that is for yourself, of course.) http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/ You can look up cabals and players there. A lot of the founding cabals - even the big ones - melted down. Make sure you do a thorough check of the cabal and ensure it's active enough for you. Ask what their last few events were, how many people attended, and how many visit or post on their cabal website.

6. Look for cabals that are actively recruiting either here (TSW cabal forum LINK) or in-game. Some cabals started strong at launch but then melted down, lost interest, or moved on. Be sure that you're looking at people that are currently active.

7. The Secret World Cabal Repository is also a place to search. http://swgrp.co.uk/tsw/

8. Don't necessarily limit yourself to one faction. There are some multi-faction groups that use a custom chat channel for communication.

The Arcane Light PvE and social

KOJO Multigame, PvE and social

Syndicate Serious raiding.

Alea Iacta Est Multigame, PvE and social

League of Monster Slayers Social, grouping.

De Templo Raiding.

The Devil's Due Dark, adult, gritty RP. (Disclosure - these are my people.)

Good hunting out there, and welcome to the Secret World.

Cicileus
Last edited by Cicileus; 07-24-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Roleplaying in TSW? Yes, please! www.tsw-rp.com
Gabriel "Boldt" Humboldt - Templar
Dossier - IC Twitter

Nadiyya "Al-Maut" Haddad - Illuminati
Dossier - IC Twitter

Wolfpack

Great advice -- one thing I would add. Spamming in Agartha is probably NOT the best way to meet up with people as a new person, especially if you're grouping as a newbie. Lots of leets and trash talking going on there (unless you like that sort of stuff.) You're better off talking to someone in the zones, or here on the forums, or one of those resources above. Once you get a group of friends, meeting up in Agartha is fine, but starting out there is learning to swim from the deep side of the pool.

KitsuneSake

Another way to find a cabal is through doing dungeon runs. Many cabals will actively recruit a dungeon party member whose play style fits well with theirs and/or someone they get along with well on the run. In those cases, you know the cabal has people around your experience level to group with since you met them in the same-level dungeon.

Farmer

I love HOW TOs
One of the links in the OPs Post is broken:

swgrp.co.uk/portal
- should be http://swgrp.co.uk/tsw/
- or simply http://swgrp.co.uk/

Cicileus

Thanks, I'll change it. :-)
Roleplaying in TSW? Yes, please! www.tsw-rp.com
Gabriel "Boldt" Humboldt - Templar
Dossier - IC Twitter

Nadiyya "Al-Maut" Haddad - Illuminati
Dossier - IC Twitter

valenchor

I would like to also add, that if you do post on the looking for a cabal thread to check your inbox as sometimes people may send you a post on the forum rather than activly seek you out ingame

Samtrix2308

CoolThank you!

Thanks for the advice! I played the beta and I had no one helping me. So I would prefer to join a cabal.

mugen510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Great advice -- one thing I would add. Spamming in Agartha is probably NOT the best way to meet up with people as a new person, especially if you're grouping as a newbie. Lots of leets and trash talking going on there (unless you like that sort of stuff.) You're better off talking to someone in the zones, or here on the forums, or one of those resources above. Once you get a group of friends, meeting up in Agartha is fine, but starting out there is learning to swim from the deep side of the pool.
I totally agree!Dont hang out in argatha thinking you are going to get treated nicely!Its a bloodbath out there! lol!

mugen510

Im swimming the forums looking for new and exp players to form our own cabal.Open to pretty much any type of cabal,and we will help it grow!

Bad Dream

MONKS OF MAYHEM

Dragon cabal by the people for the people!

CO-OP Cabal where everyone is rank 3 and free to invite other Dragons. (not cross faction set up yet)

New player friendly, new alt, end game and inbetween, social, helpful, friendly dragon cabal.

PST Genghiss Khan in game or reply to this thread with in game name for invite http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...82#post1571582
"That's the reason they're called lessons," the Gryphon remarked: "because they lessen from day to day."

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, 1865.