Darkest-of-Days

Post[Suggestion] Bridging the gap between Elite and Nightmare.

[EDIT]: After reading peoples input/replies I edited:

Let me summarize others replies:
  • The problem is more social in nature than anything else.
  • It may be that people are afraid/shy.
  • It may be that people are lazy and just want a free ride.
  • It may be that there is an elitist view on things (gear, stats).
  • It may be that people decked out don't want to give free rides or poor performance from a newbie.
Possible solution?
  • Funcom should make a more sophiticated LFG tool.
  • It should have categories for LFG Nightmare for Newbies or QL10 blue starting out people.
  • Maybe introduce gear scoring and a HUD when hovering over a player to display their stats.
  • Make different categories for the LFG for Nightmare based on needs and wants of players.
Last edited by BurdenOfSecrets; 02-07-2013 at 04:41 PM.

NextGame

sure, elites have better cash generation anyway, so why not

Livnthedream

Polaris, Hell Fallen, and Darkness War are all completable in ql10 blues. What is this "gap" you speak of?

Hewhotalkmuch

Might be more of a "social" gap. Not a lot of habitual Nightmare Runners like to risk a lower QL character in the group, even though the first three NM's are designed to be done in blues. So someone who has just emerged from Elites may find that they are somewhat limited in their choice of group.

However, I suspect that starting a group yourself, instead of waiting for someone else's approval/an invitation, helps all around. Maybe get a bunch of QL10 blue geared folk into Polaris together. If everyone in the group is a "Nightmare Noob," then everyone is growing together, without the pressure from the "hardcore" players. Of course, then there's nobody to teach them...sooo, there will be wipeage.

Bezierus

I see no gap that needs filling
Main character : Aylla - Templar - Levithen
Little alts : Uba - Lummis - Arcadia
: Ingfrid - Dragons - Arcadia

Liandel

Don't hold your breath. B2P is going to make the gap bigger not worse. You can say goodbye to horizontal progression - how else are they going to motivate people to buy new dungeons, new zones and DLC unless they have uber loot and new gear tiers - from QL 10.4, 10.5 to 10.6, 11 and beyond. If you thought the nightmare gear treadmill was bad, you're in for a world of hurt.

Livnthedream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
Don't hold your breath. B2P is going to make the gap bigger not worse. You can say goodbye to horizontal progression - how else are they going to motivate people to buy new dungeons, new zones and DLC unless they have uber loot and new gear tiers - from QL 10.4, 10.5 to 10.6, 11 and beyond. If you thought the nightmare gear treadmill was bad, you're in for a world of hurt.
How does it going b2p change anything from how it currently is? Last I checked I was subbing for new content, not to continue to farm gear that is already pointless. I mean even if they do continue to increase gear tiers you do realize that means they will have to completely tweak the current gearing scheme because everything past 10.2 is already into such heavy dr the "upgrades" really do not matter.

I can understand you are "upset" with the game and have been for some time, generally though when one is upset they leave the game alone and forget it exists rather than carrying on a vendetta.

Livnthedream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsinker View Post
I just want to interject that I hardly call that Kharn's reply a vendetta. In fact I would call it a health debate, as long as it's within forum rules and guidelines.
Have you looked at his slew of general doom and gloom he is throwing all over the forum? He "quit" a little over a month ago and has since returned with the announcement to sew discord.

Dhamonas2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsinker View Post
So to start a bit of drama and hopefully a flame-war I suggest the following:

Suggestion: Add Black Bullion rewards to Elite.

Requirements: You still have to defeat the gatekeeper before receiving a Black Bullion in an Elite dungeon. (Call it Elite+ or something)

Before you flame please read this...
  • This is not meant to replace the Nightmare farming.
  • This is meant to give a new player a shot at 1 Purple item over a long time of farming Elites.
  • It is better than getting frustrated.
  • Instead of new players just dashing through Elites once and then hoping for a Nightmare group, they actual take time to do Elites over and over to learn and farm Bullions very slowly.
  • High level players may just for the heck of it go and farm a couple of extra Bullions when on timers.
  • This may soften the blow between going from blue QL10s to doing Nightmares.

The problem...: To make Elite farming a viable but a very slow way of earning a purple item or two to lessen the blow, instead of sitting around hoping for a Nightmare.

Critical Criteria: Nightmares should always be the only source of real Bullion income. The Elite farming would be a long term solution and only after defeating the gatekeeper.

Comment: It's at least an alternative to farming Fusang for new players.

Discuss!
The problem is that elites don`t have a cd. So unless we are talking only for the last boss and one Bullion... Even NM players could simply go to polaris elite and farm the first two bosses ad nausea. The reason with the relatively high CD on NM dungeons, the raid and the bad conversation rate for PVP-ing is to have some control how fast people gear up.

Ofc people who have played since the beginning even without using dreaded exploits are pretty advantaged in gear and some are asking for ridiculous requirements (3,8k AR on Polaris where QL 10 Blues are enough for 5/6).

In my Cabal we divided the NM (First 1-3) are considered Tier 1 (ok maybe not that Machine Tyrant) the others Tier 2 and above. We use a planer and a person in full Ql 10 blues can join the first group without any probs. Since we do not yet have enough experience with the others we have some limitations on who is allowed to join the other group. Once we have enough dps to pull a blue geared person through some of the dps checks there, we will happily take them along.

We always run elites to get people NM ready. This works pretty well. If people want to have fast runs with absurdly high requirements (which some of us fulfill) they can still go pugging. No harm done. Best advice is to open your Cabals up for new people and teach them the game.

klyou86

Just have last bosses on elites drop ql10.0 purples. I mean if ur point is to have ppl get access to beginner nm gear but not make the elite, elitists q.q. Im sure they wouldnt mind having new players getting some un upgradable purples.