TheSimulacra

Thumbs upThe Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn

Not sure if this is the right place, or maybe General, but..

The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn is my new favorite mission. It's a great payoff for the Tyler Freeborn mission line. I hope whatever person(s) created it make more missions in the future.

Maeloda

It looks really cool. I wanna play it...

ceark

this. was. awesome.

well done funcom.

cvzero

Now that's how it's done !

First monthly issue mission I wasn't disappointed with ! The whole three mission chain is awesome actually, not just the first part. I'd rather wait longer to get good missions like this than see more of the "follow three golems" type of missions monthly.
Last edited by cvzero; 12-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.

IJSM

Very good work with this mission. I really like it. It is fun, interesting and exciting. Good story and cinematics further developing the background of the area. If the rest of the issue will be in this line of chained missions will seem a great success.

On the other hand I found the rewards great too. Gas mask for what we are not illuminati is great, The pendant and the blue signet too.

In few words congratulations on a job well done.

Wodrith

This will now be the missions I repeat first every 68 hours.

Honestly, it was AWESOME. I dont think I've expierenced a mission that good in any MMO. That, and checking the out of game blogs is a nice touch. The only bad thing I see with this... it was the first DLC. How the heck can they make a better missions then that one?
Agnitio
James "Wodrith" Vedha
▲Illuminati▲
RP/PVE/PVP

mrgoat

Agreed, absolutely incredible mission. That guys, that right there is how you make a mission chain. That's the feeling I've been wanting from TSW all along. 100% nailed it.

Maeloda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodrith View Post
This will now be the missions I repeat first every 68 hours.

Honestly, it was AWESOME. I dont think I've expierenced a mission that good in any MMO. That, and checking the out of game blogs is a nice touch. The only bad thing I see with this... it was the first DLC. How the heck can they make a better missions then that one?
"For example, in Issue #6, the storyline will take place in Egypt. A series of missions that leads you through a war between the Cult of Aten and the Marya, before slinging you backwards in time to steal artifacts from the Deus Sol Invictus and then returning to the present for the climax as you fight your way along a moving train, desperately attempting to stop it from reaching Cairo carrying a bomb like the one that was released in Tokyo."

-battle between two sub factions
-time travel (lolwtf)
-fighting on a moving train

YEP YEP YEP GIVE MONIES

tangorn

Seriously, keep dosing the devs with whatever they were on when they wrote this. Unbelievably cool, well done TSW.

Edit: This chain was so spectacular it made me completely forget about the Uncertainty Principle, a damn fun piece of work in its own right. Really excellent job overall on this issue, you've outdone yourselves. And we haven't even seen what tomorrow has in store
Last edited by tangorn; 12-20-2012 at 07:52 PM.

darkthought

I'm speechless. That was the damn coolest mission / quest I've every done in any MMO, period.

Give the person who wrote that one a raise.