Nusquam

Game Director

FuncomShop Changes and the Veteran System

Hi guys,

I am back from my recent trip to Montreal with some exciting news regarding the shop and the Veteran System. More information regarding the restructuring process at Funcom will be in my next Game Director Letter, which should be out some time this week. But this is the less formal place for me to talk a little bit about some upcoming shop changes and the Veteran System.

Shop Changes
Later today, we will be rolling out account-wide unlocks for pets in the store. We will expand this system to clothing as we move forward, but consider this the first step towards that. I would like people to report any bugs with the system.

You will be able to pay 25% more on top of the base cost of any pet to unlock it for all characters on an account. If you have purchased the pet on any other character before, you will only be charged the cost difference (25% of the current price) to unlock it across all characters on an account.
Once the pet has been unlocked it can be claimed from the Delivered Items screen.

Veteran System
Still nailing down the final details of the system, but it will essentially work as an alternate currency which can be used to purchase veteran system items in the store.
Every month of subscription earns you Veteran Points.
Purchasing a subscription period provides you the veteran points for the period immediately (so a 6 month subscription purchase will provide 6 months of points).
Grand Master players will be awarded Veteran Points on the same day that they receive bonus points each month.
Here is a preliminary list of veteran items which will be available:
- Auto repair consumables - automatically repairs all gear when consumed
- Combat Dummy (faction flavoured) which can be summoned anywhere and used to get accurate DPS reports. We will create a healing version if we can script it.
- Veteran outfits/titles/pets
- Portable Bank/AH/Mail consumables and permanent item
- Secondary conduit/ region teleport
- Mission Cooldown reduction consumable

We are aiming to have the system in place for the launch of Issue #6.
Last edited by Nusquam; 01-23-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarified some wording.

Frod54

Thanks for stopping by to give us some info.
Frank "Badger54" Calhoun

"Thanks, Frank. You're like the ass-kicking Santa." --'Magus Girl', Twitterverse Experiment

chibibar

looking awesome I am glad that you are using a system similar to CoH that you can "buy" what you want in Vet reward (but certain item can only be access via longer time?)

This will entice people to actually SUB to earn Vet points

I do love the account wide options. This will be a boon once you get clothing account wide.

Vendraen

The Venetian

<3

(Why 10? Why not 20? Or 30? [Chars for minimum post.])

stjobe

Two good changes, although I anticipate much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the 25% surcharge for account-wide unlocking - just for the record, I'm fine with it.

The Veteran System sounds cool, looking forward to getting my own training dummy

Also, us Grand Masters, will we get Veteran's Points retroactively back to the BtP conversion, or will it just start ticking from the Veteran System launch date?

Reason I ask is because it seems to me that buying a 6-month sub now would net you 6 x 1 month Veteran Points all at once whereas being a Grand Master would give you just 1 x 1 month Veteran Points to start off.

I mean, you don't get much more Veteran than some of us that pre-ordered way back in April (or was it March?) when the Grand Master was made available. I know I purchased it on day 1.
"One fist of iron and the other of steel, if the right one don't get you then the left one will."
- Unknown Templar

faithwish

Ok, this is just awesome - maybe you should travel abit more from now on.
We sure got a lot out of your trip, lol.
“If you see the dragon fly, best you drink the flagon dry.”

::: TSW Speed Test :::
Dragon:
Wowdane & Nameless-Fool
I Lannister Group!

Nusquam

Game Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjobe View Post

Also, us Grand Masters, will we get Veteran's Points retroactively back to the BtP conversion, or will it just start ticking from the Veteran System launch date?
Back to launch...or whenever you bought the GM pack after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithwish View Post
Ok, this is just awesome - maybe you should travel abit more from now on.
We sure got a lot out of your trip, lol.
No this was not a good trip at all.

faithwish

Awww - I didn't mean it like that, sorry man.
Please know, that I know how hard it is with these things.
“If you see the dragon fly, best you drink the flagon dry.”

::: TSW Speed Test :::
Dragon:
Wowdane & Nameless-Fool
I Lannister Group!

stjobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
Back to launch...or whenever you bought the GM pack after that.
Oh wow... That's pretty generous of you. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
No this was not a good trip at all.
My sympathies and condolences, it must have been rough.
"One fist of iron and the other of steel, if the right one don't get you then the left one will."
- Unknown Templar

Noicha

these things sounds awesome.

I'm sorry for the tough dealings, comes with the position of manager, of course, and it just speaks for FC that they pick someone who cares.

For the record, anyone complaining about +25% for account wide unlocks are obnoxious brats. Especially in the light of why FC needs to make money via the shop in the first place.