avawhat231

DefaultHas player base increased

I am coming back to TSW after about a year, since they got rid of membership. I was wondering if the player base went downhill or uphill in the past year. I remember it was kind of hard to do a dungeon because of the low amount of people wanting to do dungeons.

Escargot

We don't have any way to know. Argatha is common to all the servers so I guess you could get a very very rough idea from the numbers of players running around there.

I play on the Arcadia and Leviathan servers and have no trouble with groups, etc., at least as far as the three zones on Solomon Island. I just started Egypt with my main and am doing the beginning solo quests.

This discussion comes up all the time. FC, like most game companies, keeps its player numbers close to the vest.
Last edited by Gersen; 05-26-2013 at 03:17 AM.

mbbrazen

uh...the game hasn't been out for a year unless you were a closed beta tester.

avawhat231

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbrazen View Post
uh...the game hasn't been out for a year unless you were a closed beta tester.
I was closed beta

jgelling

DefaultHope so

I do hope this game gets more attention. It's such a shame its launch was overshadowed by the GW2/MoP rush-to-market competition, and I know in the U.S. at that point EA was receiving hugely negative attention from troubles with SWTOR, so that didn't inspire confidence.

Then every reviewer basically said "we love this game - it's so different and a welcome departure from other MMOs" but then slammed it for requiring a sub.

Well, I was skeptical that F2P would work for SWTOR and by all accounts it has. Granted that may just be the strength of the brand name, since I can't imagine the game alone deserves millions of active players.

wahoozerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by avawhat231 View Post
I was closed beta
So... the playerbase wasn't high enough for you in closed beta?

I've never got any problems trying to find a group for a dungeon though, so I hope that answers your question a bit better than a snide remark. =p

cadouin

Downhill, then uphill. The single server tech with Dimensions spawning shards makes it essentially impossible to have anything other than a personal opinion as to population levels. Can't even compare now to launch because at launch everyone was concentrated in the early areas and now the population is spread every where. And the idea of putting end game content in every zone has really worked in spreading the population out instead of ending up mostly concentrated in a few end game zones.

Karmakoma

On Drac, the new players population has raised a lot since JV.com broadcast a game test video...
Make Love(craft), not War(craft) !

Ha Ha ! I m a PvPer...

Vous avez plus de 25 ans ? Voulez rejoindre une cabale cool mais bon niveau ?
Venez faire un tour chez R.E.D ! (anciennement Le Parkzheimer Club)

mbbrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoozerman View Post
So... the playerbase wasn't high enough for you in closed beta?

I've never got any problems trying to find a group for a dungeon though, so I hope that answers your question a bit better than a snide remark. =p
This. I was confused about the dating of the playing by OP also. The game went live in July and B2P in December. Numbers were high in July and Aug and less so after that. They came back up or so it seemed to me after December. All anecdotal. And maybe because I am on Arcadia, I've never had any problem seeing population.

Rhiaden

Well, the amount of new players in Kingsmouth today was good to see....maybe the youtube ads are paying off
All your cameras are belong to us