Misjah

Default[Addon] Misjah's Script Builder

Misjah's Script Builder

Script builder is an TSW ingame addon that allows you to maintain a library of extended scripts that you can paste to the active chat channel at any time!

Version 0.4 is uploaded to Curse and awaiting activation.
http://www.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw/script-builder

Features
  • Allows you to build an infinite amount of ingame chat scripts.
  • Script editor allows multi line text without breaking script.
  • Templates so you don't have to start fresh when you want to build a script.
  • Preview button to test scripts by sending them to yourself.
  • Extended script information in the form of %TAGS.

Issues
There are some things that don't work unless written specially for script builder.
  1. You are only allowed to have ONE pair of "quotes" in the script, and those are used to quote the link body of the script.
  2. URL links that open web pages have to be written exactly like you see it in the Cabal Recruitment template!

Future
  • Lot's and lots of %TAGS for everything that's possible ingame.
  • Better system for quickly pasting any given script to chat.

v0.1build screenshot.

I need your help....

While i work on adding new features, what i also need are scripts that can be used as templates in Script Builder.
These have to be generic scripts that would be useful for most people in some way or another.

I would like these scripts in the form of a reply post to this thread where your post contains:
  1. A picture of the script in chat and when opened.
  2. The script code, wrapped in CODE forum tags so they don't take up much visual forum space.

I also need ideas for ingame TAGS.
These are %TAGS that when used in a script are translated to text before the script is sent to the chat.
This could be %NM that would translate to a list of nightmares that you have unlocked.

Current %TAG ideas: Lockout status, Gear stats, Cabal info, NM achievement status, Mission status, Webpage include.

Please feel free to include my current ideas in YOUR %TAG wishlist, if nobody want's a mission status %TAG, i won't waste time making it!

Thanks for your help!

Content of in-game information page

Quote:
Hello, my TSW name is Misjah!

This page will contain information about writing TSW chat scripts in Script Builder, you can't preview, paste or delete it.

* The script that is selected here is the one that is sent to chat when you left click the topbar icon!
* You can scroll down and resize this window so it's easier to read and write scripts!
* Each script must contain the %AD tag or it will not be sent to chat, this tag is purely to advertise the addon early on.
* When you create your first script, use a template, i tried to make them easily understandable for beginners.
* The Script Editor PREVIEW button will add /text in front of you script so only YOU will see it.
* Click the + icon and select a template and name to start making your first script!

Current available TAGs:

%AD = Addon advertisement (This must be somewhere in your script!)

%t = Target name (Funcom tag)
%* = Everything written after script in chat (Funcom tag)
%1-9 = The first and onward word written after the script in chat (Funcom tag)

%TITLE = Title
%PLAYER = Character name
%FIRSTNAME = First Name
%LASTNAME = Last Name
%CABALNAME = Cabal Name
%FACTION = Faction Name

%DIMNAME = Dimension Name
%DIMENSION = Dimension
%PFNAME = Playfield Name
%COORDX = Coordinate X
%COORDY = Coordinate Y

%PING = Ping in ms
%FPSCLIENT = Client FPS

%XPEARNED = XP Earned
%BUFF_World Domination_% = Buff/Debuff Tooltip Content (Name must be exactly like tooltip)
%NMLOCKOUT = Nightmare Buff Tooltip Content or (Unlocked for all Nightmares)
%BUFFLIST = Comma Delimited Buff List

%S_CP = Combat Power
%S_HIT = Hit Rating
%S_PEN = Penetration Rating
%S_CrR = Critical Rating
%S_CrP = Critical Power Rating

%S_HEALTH = Health Points
%S_PP = Physical Protection Rating
%S_MP = Magical Protection Rating
%S_DR = Defense Rating
%S_ER = Evade Rating
%S_BR = Block Rating

%S_HeP = Healing Power
%S_HeCR = Healing Critical Rating
%S_HeCPR = Healing Critical Power Rating

%S_DTNAME = Defensive Target Name
%S_DTHEALTH = Defensive Target Health
%S_OTNAME = Offensive Target Name
%S_OTHEALTH = Offensive Target Health
%S_EnCC = Enemy Critical Chance
%S_EnEC = Enemy Evade Chance

PS. The reason for missing tags like Attack Rating is not because i'm evil and want you to write the numbers yourselves!

I wholeheartedly believe that the community's usage of AR as an identification for gear level is short sighted and damaging on new players, they get the impression that AR is all they need to focus on, so i have decided not activate these %TAGs.
Combat Power is a calculated number combining Attack Rating and Weapon Power, this is a much better gear identification number then AR.
The diminishing returns for AR start's to build up at around 3.500 AR, at this point you should start getting your Hit Rating and Penetration Rating in order, Hit makes sure you don't miss and Pen counters block and increases damage.

Misjah's DPS stat priority list: 3500AR, 650Hit, 750Pen -> Main Weapon -> Crit/CritPower/AR -> Offhand Weapon.
Misjah Signet priority list: Head/MainWeapon = Fury/Abuse -> Minors = %Dmg for Main Weap or Burst -> Offhand = Laceration -> Majors = Violence.
Last edited by Misjah; 09-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Ciritty

I love scripts! But i suck at them, so i don't feel like i can be of any help. But i'll find a way to support you! Awesome idea! Looking forward to the results if it happens !

Misjah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciritty View Post
I love scripts! But i suck at them, so i don't feel like i can be of any help. But i'll find a way to support you! Awesome idea! Looking forward to the results if it happens !
Thank you, well you could help me with the %TAGS.

These are %TAGS that when used in a script are translated to text before the script is sent to the chat.
This could be %NM that would translate to a list of nightmares that you have unlocked.

Current %TAG ideas: Lockout status, Gear stats, Cabal info, NM achievement status, mission status.

Please feel free to include my current ideas in YOUR %TAG wishlist, if nobody want's a mission status %TAG, i won't waste time making it!

Riddled

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/YsYdvWLOKh

That's a whole bunch of scripts from the event which do make use of most features available. Will add pictures later.

(leaving these as URL's as I didn't cut the images)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...picture067.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...picture068.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...picture069.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...picture070.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...picture071.png
Last edited by Riddled; 09-09-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added images

Ciritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misjah View Post
Thank you, well you could help me with the %TAGS.

Current %TAG ideas: Lockout status, Gear stats, Cabal info, NM achievement status, mission status.

Well i like your list, except the mission timer :P

I wouldn't know when anyone would want to share a list of that (And your current mission timer addon is awesome for tracking missions for your self).

I suppose you'd want help on what to add in the tags them self?

Misjah

Quote:
Well i like your list, except the mission timer :P

I wouldn't know when anyone would want to share a list of that (And your current
mission timer addon is awesome for tracking missions for your self).
You could have an script that posts to your cabal chat and lists everything you are up for.
So like %MIS could insert what blue signet missions you are up for.
Or a list of what green signet missions you have off cooldown.
Quote:
I suppose you'd want help on what to add in the tags them self?
Want ideas of what information from the game that would be nice to have in a script using a %TAG.

Misjah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddled View Post
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/YsYdvWLOKh
That's a whole bunch of scripts from the event which do make use of most features available. Will add pictures later.
Thanks you very much, i think most of the FAQ and event scripts are a bit to specific to add as templates, but i did use the options one since it works for other things, but it would probably be cool if the options template had more then just Spelldetail, other stuff like Rain could also be hand since it's not in the normal video settings panel.

Misjah

Thought i would be done today, but i ran into some serious issues with encode/decode of the script html entities that breaks the last function i had to make which was the one that sends the script to the chat.

Pasting the script from a TextField directly to chat works fine, and i can't replicate the TextFields natural encode/decode function. : /

Claretta2

The Venetian

This is probably too specific to use as a template, but most of the scripts I see are guild and player advertisements, and I like to see scripts used for more than that.

Here's an example of a DKP tracking script I use to make looting in raids easier:

I just update the names and points before each raid, and it's much easier than asking everyone to check a spreadsheet. Pretty specific, as such a script depends on the raid's loot rules. But it's very useful.

Plus, the box option is highly popular.

Code:
<a href="text://<font color=red face=NORMAL_BOLD>Raid points for today! (and loss streak)</font><br><br>Claretta: 9<br>Torniquet: 9 (1)<br>Riora: 11 (1)<br>Katelin: 4<br>Uragon: 4<br>Kisshoten: 4<br>Kaitlina: 12 (1)<br>GaboonViper: 3<br>MissShadow: 9 (2)<br>Mimmsy: 2<br><br><font color=red face=NORMAL_BOLD>Price list</font><br><br>Weapons: 1<br>Criterions: 3<br>Broadway Charm and Egon Pendant: 3<br>Ashes of Elder Things, NY Buckle, and Brooklyn Bracer: 5<br>Astral Fuse: 7<br>Coney Island Band: 10<br>Subway Tokens: 11<br><br>Type /roll 1d100 in <a href='chatcmd:///option WebBrowserStartURL &quot;http://www.nine-swords.com/chat/&quot; \n /option web_browser 1'>Nine Swords chat room</a> to roll when called (click to open browser)<br><br>Or...<br><br><font color=red face=NORMAL_BOLD>Trade in all your points for <a href='chatcmd:///option WebBrowserStartURL &quot;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7krGpeNyA&quot; \n /option web_browser 1 \n /s The box, the box!'>what's in this box</a>">Raid points</a>
Last edited by Claretta2; 09-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.

LordVS

Mmmm about DKP list.. could script possibly read info directly from web, and just compile a list automatically and post it? That would be awesome.