The Secret World Forums

The Secret World Forums (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/index.php)
-   Old Sanctuary (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ⊕ Order of the Temple ⊕ (The Templar Thread) (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=4143)

Redd 09-11-2009 01:21 AM

well, i would much prefer to know the story's of people before they end up running off and getting killed by some demons *he looks to the side as if remembering something*

well, i would much prefer to know the story's of people before they end up running off and getting killed by some demons *he looks to the side as if remembering something*

Abalis 09-11-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redd (Post 132887)

*silently notes the sudden movement* I don't think you need to worry about that from my quarter...and even if you did, knowing my story would make no difference in that.

Quote:

*silently notes the sudden movement* I don't think you need to worry about that from my quarter...and even if you did, knowing my story would make no difference in that.

Quote:

Redd 09-11-2009 01:28 AM

if i know the storys of those who die they can be remembered by others and not just... *stops suddenly* you know what.. just dont get killed

if i know the storys of those who die they can be remembered by others and not just... *stops suddenly* you know what.. just dont get killed

Abalis 09-11-2009 01:31 AM

*smiles passively* Never planned on it. But even were I to die tomorrow, it would make no difference. Memories fade, twist, collapse...they are nothing. I do not need others to remember me. I would rather my actions live on...hopefully to some benefit.

*smiles passively* Never planned on it. But even were I to die tomorrow, it would make no difference. Memories fade, twist, collapse...they are nothing. I do not need others to remember me. I would rather my actions live on...hopefully to some benefit.

Redd 09-11-2009 01:32 AM

for actions to live on, so must the memories of the actions taken to make that happen..

for actions to live on, so must the memories of the actions taken to make that happen..

Abalis 09-11-2009 01:37 AM

Only if the one who took the action sought the false-glory of remembrance. I do not seek glory for my actions, only that my actions might have a beneficial impact on this world. Actions that affect the world are lasting. That is all I seek.

Only if the one who took the action sought the false-glory of remembrance. I do not seek glory for my actions, only that my actions might have a beneficial impact on this world. Actions that affect the world are lasting. That is all I seek.

Redd 09-11-2009 01:39 AM

so.. you would prefer to just be forgotten? i couldn't think of a more worse fate..

but tell me, what drives you into doing what the templar's do?

Redd 09-11-2009 01:39 AM

so.. you would prefer to just be forgotten? i couldn't think of a more worse fate..

but tell me, what drives you into doing what the templar's do?