The Secret World Forums

The Secret World Forums (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/index.php)
-   Old Sanctuary (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ⊕ Order of the Temple ⊕ (The Templar Thread) (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=4143)

roxioyay 09-04-2009 02:40 PM

Norhern Irish Templar here!!!! Sure that might mean trouble to some, but me like the Templars ^_^

roxioyay 09-04-2009 02:40 PM

Norhern Irish Templar here!!!! Sure that might mean trouble to some, but me like the Templars ^_^

EndlessWonder 09-04-2009 02:41 PM

I'm here as well.

I'm here as well.

I'm here as well.

Lodestar 09-04-2009 02:50 PM

Just to say I think some of you folks are taking the Templer thing to extremes of the Christianity. Im pretty sure its not exclusive to Christians at all. It does even say in the descriptions that most people mistake the larger group of Templer Knights for the real Templers which is who you are supposed to be. Yet you seem to be playing up to the misconception. I find this iroinc. And also a bit isoloationist in terms of excluding other gamers of different faiths. Plaease note you have the Maltese corss as your symbol not the Christain Cross.

I feel I ought to speak up and nip this in the bud lest people turn away from joing Templers or even the game itself because they are muslim for example. When it seems to me the Templers are about cleansing drakness with holy wrath. Not necessarily that of the Christian god. I see why you have made this connection but please be aware of this note.

Just to say I think some of you folks are taking the Templer thing to extremes of the Christianity. Im pretty sure its not exclusive to Christians at all. It does even say in the descriptions that most people mistake the larger group of Templer Knights for the real Templers which is who you are supposed to be. Yet you seem to be playing up to the misconception. I find this iroinc. And also a bit isoloationist in terms of excluding other gamers of different faiths. Plaease note you have the Maltese corss as your symbol not the Christain Cross.

I feel I ought to speak up and nip this in the bud lest people turn away from joing Templers or even the game itself because they are muslim for example. When it seems to me the Templers are about cleansing drakness with holy wrath. Not necessarily that of the Christian god. I see why you have made this connection but please be aware of this note.

devastation 09-04-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lodestar (Post 114372)

It's all about the crusades historically and actually Templars fought several other Christian factions and eventually ''If you can't beat em join em'' got them to join.

Wait a moment are you talking about the smaller group ''Templers'' who had a penchant for the Nazi party and were arrested by the British governement. Surely that isn't what this is based on I'd say you're wrong.

Quote:

It's all about the crusades historically and actually Templars fought several other Christian factions and eventually ''If you can't beat em join em'' got them to join.

Wait a moment are you talking about the smaller group ''Templers'' who had a penchant for the Nazi party and were arrested by the British governement. Surely that isn't what this is based on I'd say you're wrong.

Quote:

vlaka 09-04-2009 02:58 PM

I don't think any one with an already registered e-mail is getting a confirmation. my friend who has never been on the forums go one tho :/

I don't think any one with an already registered e-mail is getting a confirmation. my friend who has never been on the forums go one tho :/

galadorn 09-04-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlaka (Post 114400)

I didnt get one last night, I had to retake the test to get my email, so perhaps you should do that?

Quote:

I didnt get one last night, I had to retake the test to get my email, so perhaps you should do that?

Quote:

Tryst 09-04-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devastation (Post 114396)

To me the Templars were really the enforcers of what was becoming the predominate, organized religion. Were they more devout than most? Perhaps some were. But I don't believe they were as "good" as they may have been historically presented.

They were, after all, only human. And we all know what that really means.

Quote:

To me the Templars were really the enforcers of what was becoming the predominate, organized religion. Were they more devout than most? Perhaps some were. But I don't believe they were as "good" as they may have been historically presented.

Quote: