The Secret World Forums

The Secret World Forums (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/index.php)
-   Old Sanctuary (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ⊕ Order of the Temple ⊕ (The Templar Thread) (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=4143)

boninox 09-14-2009 01:26 AM

that was a really good post Iolanthe , I totaly agree.

boninox 09-14-2009 01:26 AM

that was a really good post Iolanthe , I totaly agree.

BrandFrontier 09-14-2009 01:36 AM

The clarification of the Templars in-game is clearly written on the graphic that has been posted to this thread by Cyphre time and again.

It's also been answered by Ragnar (the guy designing the game) in his Twitter interview. The transcript of this interview can be found on the general forum.

- J

The clarification of the Templars in-game is clearly written on the graphic that has been posted to this thread by Cyphre time and again.

It's also been answered by Ragnar (the guy designing the game) in his Twitter interview. The transcript of this interview can be found on the general forum.

- J

- J

MaxThunder 09-14-2009 01:38 AM

good one Iolanthe=)

good one Iolanthe=)

good one Iolanthe=)

boninox 09-14-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandFrontier (Post 140187)

- J

where did you get the sig "- A Templar Knight is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armour of faith, just as his body is protected by the armour of steel. He is thus doubly-armed, and need fear neither demons nor men. -" ?

did you get it from a documentary called "Decoding the Past: The Templar Code" ? because they say the same quote in the documentary.

Quote:

- J

where did you get the sig "- A Templar Knight is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armour of faith, just as his body is protected by the armour of steel. He is thus doubly-armed, and need fear neither demons nor men. -" ?

did you get it from a documentary called "Decoding the Past: The Templar Code" ? because they say the same quote in the documentary.

Quote:

- J

Viscera 09-14-2009 01:40 AM

It is a lovely quote. (and thank you guys.)

boninox 09-14-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iolanthe (Post 140197)

yeah, it is

Quote:

yeah, it is

Quote:

yeah, it is

Hyperone 09-14-2009 01:52 AM

I have been weathering the storm of the great Templar debate. hopefully we can move forward now and firmly esablish an identity as a group.

I have been weathering the storm of the great Templar debate. hopefully we can move forward now and firmly esablish an identity as a group.

boninox 09-14-2009 01:56 AM

now , with the http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/ Application I have finaly made a image on how my weapon set will look like:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7968/myweaponsm.jpg

This is what I will be purging the evil with!

now , with the http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/ Application I have finaly made a image on how my weapon set will look like:

MaxThunder 09-14-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperone (Post 140230)

yeah... hopefully... but at some point, this discussions will rise again... and there's nothing we can do about it...

@boninox: that gun kinda looks wierd... whith the empty space on the top...

Quote:

yeah... hopefully... but at some point, this discussions will rise again... and there's nothing we can do about it...

Quote:

Tresavore 09-14-2009 03:02 AM

New Templars report in!

New Templars report in!

New Templars report in!

wahoozerman 09-14-2009 03:05 AM

Hey chosen one, how'd you get your email verified.

I can't find where it is, and they never sent me an email.

JoshuaHaderach 09-14-2009 03:26 AM

My take

I am looking forward to this game and hope it at least lives up to even half of the hype. I have also been following this thread and have my take on the current debate. Hopefully it won't be too derivative of what has already been said, since over sixty pages is quite a lot to wade through after missing a number of days. Anyway here goes:
The Templars, existing as far back as recorded history does plus farther if you count oral accounts. That tell of various orders/sects/societies around the world dedicated to the downfall of evil through faith and courage in whatever applies to the individual and group. After The Consolidation that saw the groups discovering each other and their common cause, it was something of a golden age with them united against the ever present darkness in the world. And so the world turned and the years progressed. With the start of the crusades, naturally an organization such as the Templars would take an interest and be drawn into the conflict. To gather intelligence on both European/Arabic affairs in the area and conduct for possible subtle intervention. Also to fight the hidden evils that are always drawn to events and places of terror, depravity, violence, and killing.
For centuries the Templar policy had been to have agents dedicated to living their lives normally while watching for an arising of evil in their areas. Saving on training costs and allowing large areas to be watched at a time. A dedicated evil quelling group would be called in to deal with the darkness and the greatest of those came to be known as The Knights Templar. Who were at the time of the crusades considered to be the best and brightest of the entire organization, given almost free reign within their areas of command due to the communication difficulties at the time.
At this time the area commander for the Greater Middle Eastern Region Group, which was comprised almost entirely of Knights Templar due to the current conflict. He decided to take the group public, ostensibly to provide visible aid and support for the people involved. However, it later came to light after a full Templar investigation maximus that he was stockpiling arms, money, and making political deals with local leaders for mercenary aid to overthrow the Templar leadership. After the commanders downfall helped by still loyal Templar members(thanks to the person who suggested that, it really works in the fiction) the classification of Knight fell out of favor in the Templars. Declining all the way to the Great Renaissance Conference, where in the spirit of the age the Templar Council suggested and the Templar Grandmaster ratified it, so that the term was finally abolished in favor of better training and outfitting of all members to be a combined warrior, scholar, and philosopher with each Templar fully able to deal with the evil that lurks around every corner and knowing that backup would be just as well trained. With specialization allowed once the individuals inclinations/talents become apparent. Returning to their core ideals of being true brothers and sisters Templar in the eternal struggle. The word knight now is used as a put down meaning someone who is lost in the struggle, willing to sacrifice anything in the conflict. The only difference between them and the enemy is the goal even as the methods start to appear to be the same.
Thanks for putting up with my long winded comment.

My take

I am looking forward to this game and hope it at least lives up to even half of the hype. I have also been following this thread and have my take on the current debate. Hopefully it won't be too derivative of what has already been said, since over sixty pages is quite a lot to wade through after missing a number of days. Anyway here goes:
The Templars, existing as far back as recorded history does plus farther if you count oral accounts. That tell of various orders/sects/societies around the world dedicated to the downfall of evil through faith and courage in whatever applies to the individual and group. After The Consolidation that saw the groups discovering each other and their common cause, it was something of a golden age with them united against the ever present darkness in the world. And so the world turned and the years progressed. With the start of the crusades, naturally an organization such as the Templars would take an interest and be drawn into the conflict. To gather intelligence on both European/Arabic affairs in the area and conduct for possible subtle intervention. Also to fight the hidden evils that are always drawn to events and places of terror, depravity, violence, and killing.
For centuries the Templar policy had been to have agents dedicated to living their lives normally while watching for an arising of evil in their areas. Saving on training costs and allowing large areas to be watched at a time. A dedicated evil quelling group would be called in to deal with the darkness and the greatest of those came to be known as The Knights Templar. Who were at the time of the crusades considered to be the best and brightest of the entire organization, given almost free reign within their areas of command due to the communication difficulties at the time.
At this time the area commander for the Greater Middle Eastern Region Group, which was comprised almost entirely of Knights Templar due to the current conflict. He decided to take the group public, ostensibly to provide visible aid and support for the people involved. However, it later came to light after a full Templar investigation maximus that he was stockpiling arms, money, and making political deals with local leaders for mercenary aid to overthrow the Templar leadership. After the commanders downfall helped by still loyal Templar members(thanks to the person who suggested that, it really works in the fiction) the classification of Knight fell out of favor in the Templars. Declining all the way to the Great Renaissance Conference, where in the spirit of the age the Templar Council suggested and the Templar Grandmaster ratified it, so that the term was finally abolished in favor of better training and outfitting of all members to be a combined warrior, scholar, and philosopher with each Templar fully able to deal with the evil that lurks around every corner and knowing that backup would be just as well trained. With specialization allowed once the individuals inclinations/talents become apparent. Returning to their core ideals of being true brothers and sisters Templar in the eternal struggle. The word knight now is used as a put down meaning someone who is lost in the struggle, willing to sacrifice anything in the conflict. The only difference between them and the enemy is the goal even as the methods start to appear to be the same.

My take

Hyperone 09-14-2009 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxThunder (Post 140242)

the bullet chamber bothers me much less than the front end. looks like it was made for grating cheese.

Quote:

the bullet chamber bothers me much less than the front end. looks like it was made for grating cheese.

Quote:

Cretor 09-14-2009 04:46 AM

Greetings brothers and sisters, from (input invalid) another joins the cause. May the darkness be relegated to oblivion.

Cretor 09-14-2009 04:46 AM

Greetings brothers and sisters, from (input invalid) another joins the cause. May the darkness be relegated to oblivion.