Page 1 of 383 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out this awesome easter egg on funcom.com

Check out this awesome easter egg on funcom.com

1) go to www.funcom.com

2) click anywhere on the page that isn't a link.

3) type 33

4) profit?

I found it while I was fooling around in the source code for the website. I downloaded the flash file and then decompiled it to take a look at the code. There doesn't seem to be anything more to it than this, but I figured that a couple hundred heads are better than one.

For updated information on discoveries that have been made in this thread, check here:
    http://darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=24771

That, scared the fuck out of me..I thought my comp blue screened for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoozerman View Post
    1) go to www.funcom.com

2) click anywhere on the page that isn't a link.

3) type 33

4) profit?

I found it while I was fooling around in the source code for the website. I downloaded the flash file and then decompiled it to take a look at the code. There doesn't seem to be anything more to it than this, but I figured that a couple hundred heads are better than one.
    O.O Okay....that was cool....now what?

EDIT: Maybe the runes mean something....thinking too much into this nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalanar View Post
    O.O Okay....that was cool....now what?
    It's obviously a door to something! Open open open open open! Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    "Others believe that names grant great strength."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    That, scared the fuck out of me..I thought my comp blue screened for a second.
    I thought the same thing. Very interesting, any idea where the symbols on the door originate?

Those are futhark, old form of runic alphabet. Early Norse, Germanic language.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvagita View Post
    I thought the same thing. Very interesting, any idea where the symbols on the door originate?
    They're basic Nordic runes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

So it's the Futhark Runic alphabet except there's a slight variance to the symbol that represents NG; Ingwaz (the version I know does not have the extra extentions and instead is just a diamond).

Ingwaz- Male fertility, gestation, internal growth. Common virtues, common sense, simple strengths, family love, caring, human warmth, the home. Rest stage, a time of relief, of no anxiety. A time when all loose strings are tied and you are free to move in a new direction. Listen to yourself. Ingwaz Merkstave (Ingwaz cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Impotence, movement without change. Production, toil, labor, work.

The image itself would make the symbols appear to be a part of some type of combination lock BUT since the FunCom crest is engraved in the keystone I'm skeptical that this is any type of kick off to an ARG