Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 349

Thread: So now you level skills?

  1. #1

    So now you level skills?

    Last time around, I talked about the skill wheel and noted that there were no ranks to the skills. Well, Funcom has renamed the skill wheel to the "ability wheel" because you'll now earn skill points that you can use to augment your selected abilities and decide whether you want to max the skills or not, thus introducing "ranks" to skills.
    Wasn't this exactly what they said wouldn't happen?

  2. #2
    Yeah, I'm confused about that too. Seems like it would create a bigger gap between older and newer players too, since a much older character could have all skills unlocked and fully leveled up as opposed to a new player who may have some of the same skills, but at weaker levels. But I guess we'll wait and see!
    AKA Graffiti

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soender View Post
    Wasn't this exactly what they said wouldn't happen?
    There needs to be a way to get your abilities up if they do not have your traditional stats/traditional gear/traditional crafting system. This is the only way I see also. They need to make you earn your abilities.

  4. #4
    I think the "skills" they are talking about are more like weapon proficiency. You really like that shotgun? You rank up the skill of shotgun and all your shotgun attacks are a little better since you're better with the weapon. They sound more like passives that don't count against your 7 limit in that sense.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by silgirl View Post
    There needs to be a way to get your abilities up if they do not have your traditional stats/traditional gear/traditional crafting system. This is the only way I see also. They need to make you earn your abilities.
    No one is discussing that. You have an xp bar for that.

    The devs have stated several times that the skills wouldn't be leveled up. their whole skill progression have been claimed to be level less. Now introducing ranks to skills puts that idea in the grave.

    i remember a video with one of the devs saying "a fireball is a fireball, it won't be leveled to fireball level 6" or something to the degree.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Soender View Post
    i remember a video with one of the devs saying "a fireball is a fireball, it won't be leveled to fireball level 6" or something to the degree.
    That's exactly the example I was thinking of. The way I saw it, it was mostly gear for vertical progression (Strength) and skills for horizontal progression (Diversity). Now it seems that they've taken that in a different direction, which I'm not a huge fan of. Still, I'm gonna try and stay positive until I get to check it all out myself.
    AKA Graffiti

  7. #7
    I get the feeling the guy who wrote that article didn't explain it very well. I would advise people to reserve judgement until we get more detailed information.
    W H O I S C R A I G
    My Youtube | My Twitter

  8. #8
    As concerned as I am, I can't go straight to 'Funcom lied' without having experienced it first. Still, I see where you're coming from.

  9. #9
    Here's the video.

    Video starts at 4:45. Martin says no skill levels at around 5:00.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSj-rJzASk&t=4m45s

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Leck View Post
    I get the feeling the guy who wrote that article didn't explain it very well. I would advise people to reserve judgement until we get more detailed information.
    This. Sometimes journalists get confused.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •