Thread: Noob Q - healing in TSW

Noob Q - healing in TSW

Hi again,

I have been doing a bit of research (as things are slow at work today - yay) and seem to gather that Blood (for shields) and Rifle (for leech) is the pure healer build. Can someone second that?
    Furthermore, I would like to know from someone (if it does not breach the NDA) how the healing actually works... are there any similarities to AoC (which I think had the coolest, and most fun, PvP healing ever - very engaging and in-your-face type healing)? Are there any similarities to WoW (the whack-a-mole approach)? Do healers still dps a lot or do they hang back...? That sort of thing.
    Any links to posts or articles will also be much appreciated.

Thank you kind forum :-)

You forgot about Fists. Fists (HoTs) is the third "weapon" that can heal. As for how healing style goes, I don't personally know. But I don't think we'll be seeing the blue/green/big heal system like in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgment View Post
    You forgot about Fists. Fists (HoTs) is the third "weapon" that can heal. As for how healing style goes, I don't personally know. But I don't think we'll be seeing the blue/green/big heal system like in AoC.
    Oh, okay hadn't spotted the fists - thanks for that.

As to the color-healing from AoC (as I think you're referring to) I was more hinting to the conal type heal that forces healers up close and personal. Seems like the fists might do that tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    Oh, okay hadn't spotted the fists - thanks for that.

As to the color-healing from AoC (as I think you're referring to) I was more hinting to the conal type heal that forces healers up close and personal. Seems like the fists might do that tho
    From what we've heard in a PvP thread, all healing is ranged, actually. I don't remember exactly which thread it was, but I believe it was Snow who said that.

Found it: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...&postcount=189

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    * All healing is ranged, so roots and snares doesn't hinder a healers as much, unless you're good at at timing and using line-of-sight.
    So maybe we'll see cones, but I don't think healers will have to be positioned just right for their heals to be effective. We know Shotguns have some abilities that shoot in a cone!

Thanks for the links :-)

Good to know these things... don't quite get how fist weapons can heal if all healing is ranged though...

Good to know these things... don't quite get how fist weapons can heal if all healing is ranged though...
    from what i gather, "fist" healing is more like eastern thingies with ki/mantra and etc.

it isn't hit you teammate to full health (ala swtor).

don't forget that weapons are just a means to channel your own power, you whielding fist weapons and simply "casting" a long rang heal is feasable.

I hope its like Water-bending!

"Are you in pain?" Bends some water into the tanks face.