Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassandra King Theories

Cassandra King Theories

Just trying to figure out who Cassie is.

Feel free to add whatever you can think of.

She's all about sex as power, and Che refers to her as Mary Magdelene. This may be some kind of clue, but Mary Magdelene is a saint, and was cleansed of seven demons.

"When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms. The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath." ~Thanks Wikipedia.

When you do her new quest "The Pick-up" in Kingsmouth, she stuns you at the end with a debuff called "Black Kiss". I can't remember the full line, but it was something to the effect of "been kissed by the Wicked Witch of the South."

Any theories as to who she is? Consorting with Morninglight, but only because she knows they're dangerous if left to their own devices. She's gotta be someone old.
    NO LEVELS, BRO! TANK THE WORLD!

I'd love to discuss this with you, but everyone already knows who she is so it'd just be duplicating threads unnecessarily.

Considering the new information put in today and the chance to actually spend time with Cassie.. I gotta say... she definitely deserves her own topic and I do NOT know her play on all this. Or what would possibly be in that package at the end of her quest. She's much more interesting to me than she was before.

They also did make her much prettier than before, which is a good thing because I was NOT picking up on a temptress vibe from her when I went through the storyline quest. I'm still not tempted on her myself, but I could see why the guys would be now.

What I found MOST intriguing is she came across as fairly.. strong but... benign? Like she didn't come across as 'dark' or 'evil', she just has her own agenda and she does seem sorry for what she does to you... and she tries to make sure you're not hurt by the traps. So she's gone up in my book of curiosity now.
    "I have seen too much not to know that the impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner."~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the words of Sherlock Holmes
    Kori "Oneiropolos" Machi
    Bryn "Chroi" Athaisce @BrynChroi
    ~*~ Listen in at RadioFreeGaia.com!~*~

Huh? I'm lost. I did some searching for threads regarding Cassie and came up with scant information that was completely secondary to what was actually being discussed.

She has only, as far as I've seen, been discussed as a character related to Beaumont, and with some vague and inconsistent theories regarding her being Morgan le Fay... except there is nothing to point in that direction. I'm not discounting it because it's not possible, I'm saying that she never once, herself, gives any clues to being from Arthurian legend.

Cassie may simply not have enough clues about her historical identity to bring it to light yet, but the discussion is far from closed. She could be any important female figure empowered by sex.
    NO LEVELS, BRO! TANK THE WORLD!

Yes, there were a few names mentioned who she could be. But we are far from certainty, who she really is.

Just my 2 cents:
    Let's start with the name: Cassandra King.
    Cassandra. King.

This leads obviously first to Cassandra, daughter of King Priam and wife of King Agamemnon in Greek mythology.

She was obviously beautiful (check), was cursed by the Gods (not sure about that) and had superhuman powers, especially the power of foresight.

Just saying...

Well, if you were paying attention during the quest you would see that the debuff she gives you calls her the Wicked Witch of the South.

The main issue with Cassandra (the Greek figure) is, as I brought up in the Beaumont thread, that the power of foresight she received became a curse. She didn't have anything else particularly magical about her. The whole image of Cassandra as a mythological figure is one who is right about everything and -no one believes her-. She even foresees her own death but, again, can't prevent it because of the curse that she will see the future but no one will believe what she sees. Now, it's possible TSW skipped the whole she-already-died thing... though I feel like that would detract from the actual tragedy and lesson within her story... but it'd make our interactions with her awkward. We aren't ever given the chance to just 'not believe' her.. and believing her runs contrary to the curse. When she says there's traps, the game doesn't take control of our characters and makes us run into the traps regardless. So as I said before, Cassandra IS The major "Cassandra" of mythology, but I don't know if she's Cassie.

And as far as I'm aware, Aqueaus, the only discussions about Cassie have been within the Beaumont thread as you said. I certainly think her new quest gives us more evidence and intrigue for more solid discussion and she earned her own topic.

Of course, my friend consistently insists she's Discord, but Discord seems to be a darker entity than Cassie comes across as in her actual actions. She could hurt the player... heck, she could even kill Beaumont... instead, she just takes what she wants in both situations and leaves. Don't suppose anyone can think of an example of a female thief figure in mythology or stories? I have to say I'm at a loss on that one.
    "I have seen too much not to know that the impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner."~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the words of Sherlock Holmes
    Kori "Oneiropolos" Machi
    Bryn "Chroi" Athaisce @BrynChroi
    ~*~ Listen in at RadioFreeGaia.com!~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    I'd love to discuss this with you, but everyone already knows who she is so it'd just be duplicating threads unnecessarily.
    Seriously? Trolling the lore forums? "Everyone" doesn't know who she is, and that duplicate thread you mention doesn't exist as far as I can see.

Anyhow.

Some people have suggested that she's Morgan le Fay, largely based on rather tenuous connections to Excalibur. Note though that John Galahad in London (who might be the real Galahad from the Round Table) refers to Morgan multiple times as being a redhead.

Some people have suggested that she's Mary Magdalene, because of Che's comment ("she's our Mary Magdalene" or something much like that). Again though, this seems pretty tenuous; I'd wager Che was just saying "she's our most prominent female disciple", or perhaps he was repeating the (now generally discredited) view that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute.

I think Cassie being Cassandra from myth is unlikely, at best. First, immortals in TSW tend to change their names, to hide their identities. Second, we have seen no evidence whatsoever that Cassie has the power of precognition, which was of course Cassandra's only defining characteristic. Well, that, and not having people believe her warnings. We simply haven't seen any of that. At all.

Faction feedback (from Dragons and Illuminati that I've seen so far) refers to a Phoenician connection, which implies that Cassie is one of their agents or that she dealt with them in this case.

What we know:

* She's not really with the Morninglight; she betrays them twice, taking items from them.
    * None of the three player factions admit to her being a member, and there's no reason to believe she is.
    * She might well be a Phoenician.
    * She planned to "become" something greater once she had the sword. Even before that though, she refers to wanting to meet us again when we're both more powerful. Clearly she anticipates her own growth.
    * She doesn't reveal any knowledge of Beaumont's secret identity.
    * Beaumont doesn't reveal any knowledge of Cassie's secret identity, assuming she has one.
    * Character traits: She's ruthless. She has some power (e.g. Black Kiss). She has some knowledge (e.g. identifies and knows a use for the sword). She's willing to sleep around. She's disdainful of hippies.

* She's not really with the Morninglight; she betrays them twice, taking items from them.
    * None of the three player factions admit to her being a member, and there's no reason to believe she is.
    * She planned to "become" something greater once she had the sword. Even before that though, she refers to wanting to meet us again when we're both more powerful. Clearly she anticipates her own growth.
    * Beaumont doesn't reveal any knowledge of Cassie's secret identity, assuming she has one.
    * Character traits: She's ruthless. She has some power (e.g. Black Kiss). She has some knowledge (e.g. identifies and knows a use for the sword). She's willing to sleep around. She's disdainful of hippies.
    A couple of thoughts on the bolded item (the Phoenecians):

1. There are already Phoenecians in the tunnels in the Pickup. If she is working with them, why is she in such a hurry to get help going in there? It's possible that the Phoenecians have already botched the entry and she's looking for someone smart enough to bypass Beaumonts traps.

2. She also makes a disdainful comment about their choice of purple, but that's not a very telling statement.

3. The Phoenecians are linked to Lillith and we never see Lillith's face (almost too conveniently, she's always standing right behind an obscuring object). That suggests that Lillith is a female that all three factions interact with. Cassie is certainly a candidate here.

4. Morninglight is also linked to Lillith if I'm recalling them correctly. Cassie certainly is disdainful of Morninglight, but that could be her opinion of pawns in general.

At any rate, her true identity appears to be one of the more important directions for future updates.
    Ryahl
    Guild Leader - Ohana
    Writer for TSWGuides.com - don't spoil general chat, send them to TSWguides.com
    TSW Builds TSW Lore TSW Signet Guide

Quote Originally Posted by foolsage View Post
    Faction feedback (from Dragons and Illuminati that I've seen so far) refers to a Phoenician connection, which implies that Cassie is one of their agents or that she dealt with them in this case.

What we know:

I doubt the Pheonician connection greatly. She doesn't act like she knows who the Phoenician's are in the Pick Up. She shows shock at them being there and wonders who they are before calling their uniforms tacky.

Now, there's people thinking she's Lillith, and if she is the idea that Lillith has Excaliber scares me. But, one thing that I realized doing the Pick Up, we have no clues at all that Cassie is Immortal. Everyone else that we know is Immortal, we either see in history (Beaumont is all over Solomon Island history), or they've told us they're immortal, or they're a race that is immortal (Vampires).

I don't think she is anyone. I think she's a person, who has her own motives for learning the magic she has (I doubt she was given anything by Gaia) and seeking to get more power. She's clearly willing to do whatever it takes to "become more." It's clear we'll see her again. If she is anyone, I don't think we'll get any clues until we see her again.
    The darkness comes to far. Initiate the Corinthians protocall! The passcodes are 12 and 12! The Key is B!
    My Chronicle page
    Skills mastered 26/26 - Wheel completion 76.9%
    422/455 lore - 259/517 achievements