Thread: [Arcadia] S8A's Halloween Pub Quiz Sunday 21st October 19.30 UK time

[Arcadia] S8A's Halloween Pub Quiz Sunday 21st October 19.30 UK time

Section Eight Alpha is hosting our first TSW event:

A Halloween Pub Quiz.

Date: Sunday 21st October

Venue: Horned God, London

Time: 19.30 UK time (BST) / 20.30 CEST

Time Zone Converter

Prize of 1 million PAX for each winning group member!
    Also a winner's logo that you can add to your cabal forum signatures!

Please arrive at 19.30 UK time, to form groups and name your team, questions commence at 20.00 UK time. Winners will be announced at 21.30 UK (BST) / 22.30 CEST

All participants must be in groups of two or four. Solo player? Partner up with another and make a new friend!

In order to be in the same instance, the team leader should add the following names to their friends list and request to meet up, then the remainder of the team can meet with their leader in the same instance:

Saintcrow
    Stillwalker
    Soliciter
    Verity

Answers and team member names are to be mailed at the end of the questions to the Quizmaster.

Participants arriving after the questions have started will be disqualified, this may lead to the whole team's disqualification if they join a team after the questions have started. So be sure to be on time!

Quizmaster's decisions are final

Fancy dress costumes are welcome, as it's close to Halloween. Best costume will receive a prize of 1 million PAX!

Last edited by Jeia; 10-16-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    Section Eight Alpha - Arcadia, Templar, EU, RP/PvE/PvP. RP Community for 9 years.
    Time Zone Converter - for your convenience
    S8A wiki

Two weeks to go!
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    Section Eight Alpha - Arcadia, Templar, EU, RP/PvE/PvP. RP Community for 9 years.
    S8A wiki

We're in the process of writing up content for the quiz and we're taking care to keep each one somewhat challenging.

I wonder what the participants would prefer: getting early hints on what to prepare for or keeping it all secret and challenging as possible?
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
    S E C T I O N · E I G H T · A L P H A
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
    RP, PvE and PvP
    SEA Website | Forum Thread

from the questions given at the revolution event, id say keep them hard. we had people solving what we thought were tricky ish questions in 2-3 seconds hehe

Thanks for the advice! It is something we've been discussing.

We always try to consider those for whom English is a second language, too, as we are an EU cabal.

So we are trying to make them google proof, without having too many translation issues.

The main aim is to come along and have fun!
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    S8A wiki

Hoho ten days to go! But I haven't been successful yet in coming up with a baby Cthulhu outfit. I have a nice shirt but there's nothing around quite with tentacles.
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
    RP, PvE and PvP

One week to go!
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    S8A wiki

We will be holding a fancy dress costume contest whilst waiting for the announcement of the quiz winners. The winner will receive 1 million PAX!
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    S8A wiki

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
    RP, PvE and PvP

Looking forward to seeing what imaginative combinations of clothing items attendees put together for the costume contest!

What will catch the judges' eyes? The number of individual items used, the combination used to try and create an imaginative costume and a recognisable theme.

Want to come in your pirate outfit? That's fine, it just won't be included in the contest.
    Caroline "Verity" Reed
    S8A wiki