Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Addiction

I have only ever been able to stick with a few MMO's for over the six month period: DAOC, SWG (PreCU), AOC... I've played for shorter periods WoW, L2, CoH, FE, DF, EQ, EQ2, D&DO, Neocron, and others I cant think of.

I just need an MMO I can get addicted too!

I have only ever been able to stick with a few MMO's for over the six month period: DAOC, SWG (PreCU), AOC... I've played for shorter periods WoW, L2, CoH, FE, DF, EQ, EQ2, D&DO, Neocron, and others I cant think of.

I just need an MMO I can get addicted too!

I played wow for about four and a half year I think, with some pauses here and there. Even though it consumed alot of my time I did not think of it as an addiction, because I found it more rewarding than I found my so-called friends and my family, and I've gotten far more good out of playing WoW than I ever did from sitting around doing nothing, because thats what I did before, and thats what I'm doing now.
    Beyond the event horizon lies the void of my dreams
    Imploding eternal darkness, portal to my destiny

The voracious gaping vortex distorts the cosmic laws
    Drains the life of the universe, extinguishing the stars

I played wow for about four and a half year I think, with some pauses here and there. Even though it consumed alot of my time I did not think of it as an addiction, because I found it more rewarding than I found my so-called friends and my family, and I've gotten far more good out of playing WoW than I ever did from sitting around doing nothing, because thats what I did before, and thats what I'm doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouny88 View Post
    How many people were addicted to a mmo and quit to get away from it all? Then saw this game and was just like, man this game looks sick, i gonna have to give it a try?

This is my story.

I was addicted to WOW for 5 years and 5 months ago i finally quit with no interest in going back into any mmo, and i told myself i would never get back into a mmo again because of that reason. Now i see this game and i wanna get back into mmo's, well this one at least.
    I was hooked on FFXI hardcore for a little bit, quiting that was worse then quitting smoking for me, I had the shakes, and i was moody, it was bad!

After that... Never had a huge issue. I played wow for a while, but it was more because I was out of a job, and in school, needing to kill time.

How many people were addicted to a mmo and quit to get away from it all? Then saw this game and was just like, man this game looks sick, i gonna have to give it a try?

This is my story.

I was addicted to WOW for 5 years and 5 months ago i finally quit with no interest in going back into any mmo, and i told myself i would never get back into a mmo again because of that reason. Now i see this game and i wanna get back into mmo's, well this one at least.
    I was hooked on FFXI hardcore for a little bit, quiting that was worse then quitting smoking for me, I had the shakes, and i was moody, it was bad!

After that... Never had a huge issue. I played wow for a while, but it was more because I was out of a job, and in school, needing to kill time.

This is my story.

Let's see...

5 years in EQ1, from day 1 on..
    4 & 1/2 years on and off in Anarchy Online
    7 months in Earth and Beyond from closed beta onwards
    6 months in Horizons from closed beta onwards
    1 year & 1/2 in City of Heroes from open beta onwards
    1 year 2 months in EQ2 from open beta onwards
    6 months in Matrix Online
    4 months in RF Online
    1 year in World of Warcraft
    3 months in Neocron
    1 year in Lord of the Rings from open beta onwards