****** UNDER CONSTRUCTION ******
Working on this now, it might take some time to organize the info, please be patient...
This will be a PvP primer based on the suggestions and comments from our PvP community. I'll just try to make it organized.
I'll be pulling info from the following threads and some other locations...
Some good read through Threads...
Until this guide is finished I would read the threads I've listed above. There is alot of good info in them and you will even start seeing a theme to a good bit of the advice. Here's a post with some additional advice and about the gear difference between Green 10's and purple 10+'s.
PvP 101: The BasicsWhat is PvP and why should I PvP?
What is PvP? Short answer is Player versus Player, long answer is better described here "PvP: the Wikipedia entry" .
PvP allows players the chance to test their skills against other players. Every combat against another player becomes a unique experience that will change every time they fight. PvP also provides an alternative way to gear-up a character.
What types of PvP are in TSW?
Fight Clubs offer PvP but with no guidelines to follow and allow anything from duels to group battles. Unfortunately because of the current setup, few players use these areas. There are currently three fight clubs, one in each of the major cities.
Battlefields are a team based PvP game where the objective is to earn the most points during play. Each battlefield has a different set of rules. (Currently queues for battlefields seem to be broken.) There are currently two battlefields:
- "TSW PvP - PathLess goes to Stonehenge"
- King-of-the-Hill rule set.
- Three teams of five players.
- Winner has the most points or reaches score cap of 750 first.
- Points are earned by staying alive inside the actual Stonehenge monument while trying to make sure your enemies are out of it or you can just kill the opposition.
- "The Secret World: PVP Eldorado"
- Capture-the-Flag ruleset.
- Three teams of ten players.
- Winner has the most points or maintains possession of all relics for 2 minutes.
- Points are earned by controling four legendary relics. Relics can be moved to more defensible positions. Grounded relics provide special benefits to teammates within close proximity:
Relic of the East heals you for 3% of your max health per second.
Relic of the West reduces incoming damage by 10%.
Relic of the North increases your health by 10%.
Relic of the South increases your damage and healing output by 10%.
Warzones are persistent open PvP zones that can be joined at any time. The objectives in these zones are currently provided by missions that are available as soon as you enter the zone and at locations throughout the zone. There is currently one warzone:
- "The Secret World: PVP Fusang 2 - Dragon Party"
- Three factions limited to 10 players per faction more than the lowest populated faction (max. 75 each).
- Individuals receive experience points for completing PvE mission objectives based on killing other players, capturing an anima well, or capturing a facility/temple.
- Individuals receive White Mark rewards based off of how many objectives their faction has captured and held every 3 minutes.
- Factions fight to control four facilities/temples and multiple anima wells that are spread throughout the zone. Anima wells are used as resurrection points for the faction that owns them. Capturing a facility/temples usually involve defeating a defense turret to get through the front gate. Once the turret is taken down, the facility/temple guardian has to be subdued before the facility can be claimed.
- Fusang PvP Vendors are located inside each faction home base. At these vendors you can exchange your Black Marks of Venice into White Marks, and purchase various upgrades for turrets and custodians belonging to your faction.
What do you earn from PVP?
For those that like "Epeen" gauges or as others like to call them "aesthetic" rewards, the TSW chronicle has a PvP kill count and leaderboards for Stonehenge and El Dorado. You can gain experience by completing the missions in Fusang and earn two types of currency while doing PvP:
White Marks- You gain white marks by capturing and holding objectives in Fusang every 3 minutes. White Marks can be converted at Council of Venice Vendors into Black Marks to buy PvP gear from Council of Venice Vendors. They can also be used within Fusang to purchase a variety of upgrades for turrets and custodians.
Black Marks- These are earned by converting White Marks earned in Fusang and by participating in the battleground mini-games. Black Marks are the primary currency for PvP gear, and are usually earned at a much slower pace than White Marks.
While you can use the marks to purchase lower tiered (level) gear, it is advised that you save them to purchase your starter purple gear (10.0). If you start PvP early on, you could potentially have a set of starter purples by the time your skills are maxed at 10.
What are PvP Uniforms?
PvP Uniforms are Faction outfits based off the "Holy Trinity" of Roles in MMO's: DPS, Healing, and Tanking. (Read more about roles in PvP, in the Builds section below.) While any role or hybrid can wear any of the uniforms, they give buffs and debuffs according to what base role they represent. Another reason TSW uses Uniforms is to cause less stress on video cards during large battles between players. You select your uniform type on the PvP screen when you queue for PvP. It is unable to be changed while in the PvP zones.
High Powered Weaponry (DPS)
- Damage done increased by 5%
- Critical chance increased by 3%
- Penetration chance increaded by 3%
- Chance to get glancing hits reduced by -2%
- Healing, barrier, and leech effects reduced by -5%
- Health increased by 5%
- Damage reduction increased by 2%
Reinforced Armor (Tank)
- Health increased by 15%
- Block chance increased by 5%
- Evade chance increaded by 4%
- Chance of enemies glancing you increased by 2%
- Healing, barrier, and leech effects reduced by -5%
- Damage done reduced by -5%
- Damage reduction increased by 5%
Integrated Anima Conduits (Healing)
- Healing, barrier, and leech effects increased by 12%
- Healing critical chance increased by 6%
- Crit power increased by 20%
- Health increased by 8%
- Damage done reduced by -6%
- Damage reduction increased by 4%