Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.4 Changes to Escalation and Exposed

1.4 Changes to Escalation and Exposed

From the patch notes:
    * Breakdown no longer requires Impaired state to apply the Exposed debuff.
    * Breakdown will only apply 1 stack of Exposed per hit.
    * Increased the damage dealt by Escalation.
    * Escalation will no longer apply the Exposed debuff.
    * Intensity has been changed to no longer grant Minor Ward when hitting Weakened targets with Escalation. It will now improve Escalation to apply the Exposed debuff.
    Ref: http://forums-beta.thesecretworld.co...ad.php?t=14051
    Ref for non beta forum members: http://dasnetz.me/topic/1121-ausgabe...em-testserver/
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." -Vladimir Bartol, Alamut

"An explanation is not an excuse. An excuse implies that I feel there is something worth excusing on my behalf. " -Nusquam, TSW Forums

I hope thus isnt the final version, chaos the 'loses' a passive slot to find a minor ward and to keep the exposed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebound View Post
    I hope thus isnt the final version, chaos the 'loses' a passive slot to find a minor ward and to keep the exposed buff.
    but it brings them in line with the other tanks ability to get minor ward (ie not on their main builder)

Funcom in their best form - whine somewhere on the forums that something is imba et voila, nerf. I'm just wondering who was whinning. Chaos is the only tanking magic and both swordsmen and hammerers use it.

Quote Originally Posted by fext View Post
    Funcom in their best form - whine somewhere on the forums that something is imba et voila, nerf. I'm just wondering who was whinning. Chaos is the only tanking magic and both swordsmen and hammerers use it.
    O_o

Not sure how you could call this a "nerf."

Right now, everyone is screaming "ZOMG CHAOS IS REQUIRED FOR TANKS BECAUSE OF EXPOSED!!!!@2222@@@one"

This fixes that - easily. Now ANYONE can apply Exposed just by taking a single passive.

Good, it evens up all the "Tank" weapons. Chaos still applies minor ward the same way every other skill does, with a proc on evade/block/def elite, and a consumer.

Goodbye all the "just spam escalation" tanks in PvP. Hello innovative people who can come up with something more interresting than just the flavour of the month.

And if it is true that "a few people whined on the forum and now they get what they want" Then you who dont like it can just whine on the forum to get it back to where you wanted it. I mean you just said that all you have to do to get what you want is to whine on the forum right?

I play chaos myself but got so bored whit escalations ballerinajumping and pirrouetting not to mention seeing it on every chaosplayer in PvP that I am all for this.

Sounds to me like the just opened up Exposed to everyone ...

Breakdown becomes -
    Whenever you hit, your target becomes Weakened by a single stack of the Exposed effect, which increase all damage received by 3% per stack for 10 seconds. Exposed can stack up to 10 times.

Not sure I understand adding Exposed to Intensity -
    “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.”

Kuranes' Chronicle

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTodd-Collins View Post
    Not sure I understand adding Exposed to Intensity -
    Probably so Chaos users can get Exposed earlier than others?

(Intensity comes way before Breakdown in progression, AP wise...)

One of the best changes that could have been made to balance the tanking weapons.

Now if they could just do something to adjust Extra Bullet to bring assault rifles more in line with the rest of the weapons things could really get interesting.