Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Communication

Communication

For the last 10 days Fusang, without arguement, is not what players have expected. In addition, little with exception has been said from Funcom. With one exception....a general where we are headed with a small section covering pvp.

The arguement that pvp was not the focus of the game should no longer exist. The feature was put in the game, so not focusing on it = lost subs. That equation is something Funcom can't afford even if it is only 5% of the population as many propose that is all pvp attracts.

I'm not whining to anyone with this post, I would like to see this game continue to grow, but 0 communication on issues will send allot of people packing before your fixes are implemented.

For me 10 days with reduced play or 0 play in pvp is a loss in value for the product I have. 0 communication on the issue is just decreasing that value further. It is further degraded by unsubbing customers, because now there are less to enjoy he game with.

So, please address your customers before the crowd you are addressing continues to shrink.

Taking time to fix a difficult situation is completely understandable, and sometimes essential.

Communicating with players on the other hand, takes moments.

I think there is no excuse at all for Funcom's silence over this.

Since the games release, I have generally been quite a supporter of Funcom, and in most matters frustrated with players impatient and sometimes selfish attitude in complaint posts.

This sitution is rapidly shifting my view of Funcom as a company.

It also makes me suspect that Ragnar is very happy to have moved on to other projects, and we have seen the best of TSW already. The game does not seem to be in very caring hands at the moment.

Its in the MMO handbook ;p

I think ”Do NOT talk to your community about game designs” is in the MMO Creator hand book. In all the MMOs I have played over the last many years, a lack of communication to the normal player have been a problem. Some times information is shared with a select few brown noses though.

On the other hand. When/if devs say anything, even speculations, it ALWAYS quoted as FACT in some other forum post at a later time. No matter how much random thought or idea it was at the time the dev posted it.

In addition a lot of devs seem to think we are there friends on forums, we not we customers, and abandon any level of professionalism then posting or they try to ”be cool with the cool kids”. Both thing normally backfiring badly, making the dev look like an ass and causing even more “They just don’t care” whining posts.

I guess its easier to just not say anything at all. However that also isn’t the best idea, we need and want communication.

There have to be a way of communication on a professional level, whiteout seeming insensitive to wards customers or trying to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloisa View Post
    Taking time to fix a difficult situation is completely understandable, and sometimes essential.

Communicating with players on the other hand, takes moments.

I think there is no excuse at all for Funcom's silence over this.

Since the games release, I have generally been quite a supporter of Funcom, and in most matters frustrated with players impatient and sometimes selfish attitude in complaint posts.

This sitution is rapidly shifting my view of Funcom as a company.

It also makes me suspect that Ragnar is very happy to have moved on to other projects, and we have seen the best of TSW already. The game does not seem to be in very caring hands at the moment.
    This. I think Aloisa has said it perfectly. The best FC had to offer apparently just recently left the building.

Funcom

So far my time on the project has been a proper trial by fire. Getting up to speed with the current issues, figuring out how things are implemented and coming up with solutions. I am well aware of the concerns you guys have about the lack of communication so far. The fact is that writing a post takes time. Especially as things we write can and probably will be misinterpreted by some people and the posting is done on an official forum. Some of that time is also eaten up by responding to private messages. Even now I’m compiling a list of changes that we should implement to improve the state of PvP in the game. So far I’ve seen lots of posts with concerns with a lack of a purpose in PvP. Worries about PvP becoming too item centric. There were even some concerns that some of the issues PvP had in Age of Conan will be introduced into TSW.

Over the last few days I spend a great deal of time looking at the issues that we currently have with Fusang. Things like the unbalanced sides, reward mechanics (such as rewards for active participation vs. rewards for just being there) and lots of other issues. While some of these are Fusang specific, while others affect the minigames as well. I can see a lot of suggestions are quite similar to the things we want to change ourselves. The fact is that progress is being made and I hope we can share them with you guys soon. I just can’t promise specific changes until we see them implemented.

I really hope to be able to keep everyone more in the loop once the dust settles. Meanwhile my main priority is to address those issues mentioned in all the different threads.

Didek

Thank you for the post Didek. I can't speak for everyone, but it has certainly alleviated my worries that things were not being looked at with a sense of urgency.

Many of us do appreciate that it's not an easy task you have ahead of you.

Its great to have some feedback, please keep us posted with updates and plans. And can we players please have the oppertunity to try changes on test before they go live.

Good luck with the job.

Thank you for the reply. It means a lot to the community to just hear that you guys are listening to us. Thank you again 1000 times.

Thank you

Thank you for the response. I can imagine it being a rough road. I appreciate the effort you made to respond. I am concerned for the many, and hope that a quick note or two to the pvp pop would be greatly appreciated. Not necessarily the details, just that you guys are there and supporting the masses . The support, I am sure (but assuming) would be given Riposte style...but in a good way, not in a glance sorta way.