Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Vendraen View Post
    Kind of.

Everyone assumed then that they would be consolidating to Norway. Instead we've now learned that's not the case.
    I knew their CS department and a few other things were in Raleigh, I have friends that work there. Really the cost of living, and running a business in NC is pretty low and there are a ton of incentives. There are three or four other studios in the Raleigh area also. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    I knew their CS department and a few other things were in Raleigh, I have friends that work there. Really the cost of living, and running a business in NC is pretty low and there are a ton of incentives. There are three or four other studios in the Raleigh area also. Makes sense to me.
    Yeah, it's the "Silicon Valley of the East."

Quote Originally Posted by Vendraen View Post
    Yeah, it's the "Silicon Valley of the East."
    I grew up in Raleigh, and still live in NC. I have friends at all of the studios in the area actually. I work design on Table Top games and LARPS, it has been suggested that I go into video game design. However I like my slow and quiet life in western NC.

I have friends who I may suggest apply there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    I grew up in Raleigh, and still live in NC. I have friends at all of the studios in the area actually. I work design on Table Top games and LARPS, it has been suggested that I go into video game design. However I like my slow and quiet life in western NC.

I have friends who I may suggest apply there.
    I would love to work in MMOs. I've been a programmer "for fun" since I was 10, and professionally since 18 (I'm 42).... O_o

Funcom

We have a few positions that will be posted in Raleigh soon, so you should keep your eyes open if you are interested.

Knowing the game really well is always a key part of hiring for a live team.

Nusquam! are we having a live stream this month? i think a return of Mr T would be epic, abit of fun would be good all round i thinks (just don't look at the 55 kerjillion questions asked per second)

I am a bit confused. http://www.funcom.com/jobs doesn't list Raleigh among offices. And other offices are still listed with no vacancies.

Funcom

Durham, is what is listed on the webpage. Same thing I guess, never been there myself

Also, I am not moving. The small team left in Oslo after the *last* layoff round was unaffected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Durham, is what is listed on the webpage. Same thing I guess, never been there myself

Also, I am not moving. The small team left in Oslo after the *last* layoff round was unaffected by this.
    Awesome. Glad to hear you'll be keeping somewhat comfortable.

So is there anything left to be developed in Norway other than strategies? Kinda sounds as if it's going to be strictly HQ.