Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Happened to Tokyo?

Whats Happened to Tokyo?

Hi Joel, Funcom Staff

Just wondering whats happened to the Tokyo Area that was promised, initially you guys claimed it was coming out this month, I do understand with all the shakeups things have slipped, but I think we all really want to see and play in this area set in a modern city scape.

I dot expect a firm date, but could we get an idea of when your epecting to be able to get it onto the servers?
    Kumori
    Sangnoir
    Jin-Kumori
    Arisia
    Cerberus Dimension
    Quantum Physics - The Dreams stuff is made of

spring (ish) was the latest update i heard, personally id expect it early summer though

I dont think we will see Tokyo until maybe April/may, the reason Joel didnt mention Tokyo in his letter is probably due to the fact that the restructuring process will delay it. I love this game, and I will keep my membership as long as the game exists, but I dont have high hopes for the future. The reduction of staff will probably cause less content updates going forward. This worries me, since it already isnt much to do in this game for those of us that have played since early access.
    I hope im wrong, but that letter from Joel made me very sad. I love this game so much, and I want it to succeed, but the future doesnt look that bright now imo. Maybe im just beeing pessimistic..

Funcom

Tokyo update:

- Environment almost completely done - polish work to go.
    - Gameplay work proceeding - still lots of missions to implement. Design side is mostly done.
    - Animation and monster work - More of a "?" with the closure of the Beijing office, but still plenty has been done.
    - Cinematic Production and Writing - Barely begun (but this is pretty normal).

That is my last impression from my review when I was in Montreal last week.

It will take some time to deliver Tokyo. I am not comfortable giving any sort of time estimate until I see how the team lands after the recent changes.
    For what it is worth, what I have played and seen of Tokyo is pretty awesome. It is the first really urban location for The Secret World and it has some absolutely stunning locations and areas.

I can't wait.. i've been spoiled by this game...more more more :-)
    Non Omnis Moriar!

Creepstalker / Dawnblood / Sithrel

Illuminati on Huldra Dimension

Lots of staff members are moving their homes. Some of them understandably don't want to do it, and will have to be replaced. I think a delay is understandable. I won't start complaining about missed target dates until the situation at Funcom is stable.

Something of a tangent, but you mentioned closing the Beijing office. Does this mean that going forward outfits and clothing will be done in-house, so no more eyeboobs? Or was that an utterly separate entity we are still afflicted with?
    Templar: We're into that Old Time religion. Sit down, shut up, and make me a pie.

Illuminati: All yur stuffz r belong to us.

Dragon: The answer to your question is 'trout'. I hope that helps.

If it looks anything like New York just bigger, with mroe blocks covered and smaller streets it will be AMAZING!

<3

Thank you for responding to these questions!!! I wanna buy all DLC for this great game. It's nice to know things are on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Tokyo update:

- Environment almost completely done - polish work to go.
    - Gameplay work proceeding - still lots of missions to implement. Design side is mostly done.
    - Animation and monster work - More of a "?" with the closure of the Beijing office, but still plenty has been done.
    - Cinematic Production and Writing - Barely begun (but this is pretty normal).

That is my last impression from my review when I was in Montreal last week.

It will take some time to deliver Tokyo. I am not comfortable giving any sort of time estimate until I see how the team lands after the recent changes.
    For what it is worth, what I have played and seen of Tokyo is pretty awesome. It is the first really urban location for The Secret World and it has some absolutely stunning locations and areas.
    Thanks for the update! From what I've seen here, we the players have been quite patient and realistic. And from what I've seen from other games, this is a lot more forthcoming in details than what most are willing to divulge.

Totally psyched!
    /10konichiwa_b*tches