Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Player Craftable Food Items

I love crafting and I love cooking (also in RL )

A good crafting system is good both for crafters and for all other players, my wife doesn't like crafting but she loves gathering and selling materials on the market to make money (and spend them....)

Regarding cooking products I'd prefer various types of small buffs, instead a debuff system for hungry people.. Also rare recipes are nice. And maybe a way to add spices or secret ingredients into standard recipes (to obtain different or more powerful effects).

Something to add to the discussion: I have a problem with traditional food buffs in one or a combination the following ways:
    -When you die or whatever it is that happens when your health goes to 0 you lose the buff. If you're paired with a bunch of idiots it's not worth the risk to use food (why should there be a relation between that and eating?..).
    -Food buffs last so short that you need to use them every 10 or 30 minutes, which only makes sense to me if you're some overweight bastard.
    -Food being used as means of quick health regen: You fight a monster, then you stuff a loaf of bread in your face. You fight another monster and start stuffing again, and so forth. Have you ever read any fantasy/fiction novels that proceeds like that (except maybe sam in lord of the rings hehe)?

All of these things make food buffs come accross as potions that were crammed into a different jacket.

Not to end with a negative note:
    I'd like food to be a long term thing with a minor effect.
    I'd like food to be a semi-roleplay mechanic (I'd love for my character to occasionally pick up a sloppy joe in some diner and when I'm on the road I'd only like to be able to have my character eat rations or stuff cooked over a campfire).

Something to add to the discussion: I have a problem with traditional food buffs in one or a combination the following ways:
    -When you die or whatever it is that happens when your health goes to 0 you lose the buff. If you're paired with a bunch of idiots it's not worth the risk to use food (why should there be a relation between that and eating?..).
    -Food buffs last so short that you need to use them every 10 or 30 minutes, which only makes sense to me if you're some overweight bastard.
    -Food being used as means of quick health regen: You fight a monster, then you stuff a loaf of bread in your face. You fight another monster and start stuffing again, and so forth. Have you ever read any fantasy/fiction novels that proceeds like that (except maybe sam in lord of the rings hehe)?

All of these things make food buffs come accross as potions that were crammed into a different jacket.

I'd like food to be a semi-roleplay mechanic (I'd love for my character to occasionally pick up a sloppy joe in some diner and when I'm on the road I'd only like to be able to have my character eat rations or stuff cooked over a campfire).

Manna (măn'ə) is a spiritual nourishment of divine origin. In the Bible, the food miraculously provided by God for the Israelites in the wilderness during their flight from Egypt. In the Book of Exodus it is compared to coriander seed and described as fine, white, and flaky, with the taste of honey and wafer. In Christianity manna has been seen as prefiguring the Eucharist.

Manna has been linked with the gum resin produced by several kinds of tree and with a species of lichen still found in many sections of West Asia and North Africa. According to another theory, manna is the sweet secretion of various plant insects.

I can see people eating manna while in a fight to gain some holy power from the divine for a limited about of time.

"Oh holy manna, grant me power needed to kill this demon!" *Eats manna in 1 bite.* "From the pits of Hell I stab at the vile demon!"

Manna (măn'ə) is a spiritual nourishment of divine origin. In the Bible, the food miraculously provided by God for the Israelites in the wilderness during their flight from Egypt. In the Book of Exodus it is compared to coriander seed and described as fine, white, and flaky, with the taste of honey and wafer. In Christianity manna has been seen as prefiguring the Eucharist.

Manna has been linked with the gum resin produced by several kinds of tree and with a species of lichen still found in many sections of West Asia and North Africa. According to another theory, manna is the sweet secretion of various plant insects.

I can see people eating manna while in a fight to gain some holy power from the divine for a limited about of time.

"Oh holy manna, grant me power needed to kill this demon!" *Eats manna in 1 bite.* "From the pits of Hell I stab at the vile demon!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorpSanct View Post
    I agree, food buffs should last longer than 30 minutes, like the 4h crafted food in AoC for example (it doesn't disappear after death).

There should be also other types of food beside standard concept, like energy drinks, with shorter duration and some other effects.

It may be funny to have also roleplay places like a restaurant where sit down and eat, instead of consuming only canned food!

I agree, food buffs should last longer than 30 minutes, like the 4h crafted food in AoC for example (it doesn't disappear after death).

There should be also other types of food beside standard concept, like energy drinks, with shorter duration and some other effects.

It may be funny to have also roleplay places like a restaurant where sit down and eat, instead of consuming only canned food!