Grayn

Ok, I can buy that there is Illumi influence on the town. But, I still haven't seen anything that makes it an Illumi controled town. And the wiki also says that the Illumis were exiled by the Templars; that is a part of the lore I must have completely missed...

Grayn

Ok, I can buy that there is Illumi influence on the town. But, I still haven't seen anything that makes it an Illumi controled town. And the wiki also says that the Illumis were exiled by the Templars; that is a part of the lore I must have completely missed...

Selzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayn View Post
Ey, yea, sorry. To be more specific, I didn't mean that a single faction "controlled" the town. I just meant that they had a hand in founding it and also may provide financial support or interest. I'm sure we'll find all the factions in the wonderful town!

As for the exiled part, here are a few articles that it's from:
http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/74752
http://kotaku.com/5356125/the-secret...ession-and-pvp
Quote:
In The Secret World, the Illuminati are the arch enemies of the Templars. The Illuminati were driven out of Europe by the Templars and reorganized in the new world of America.

Selzi

Quote:
Ey, yea, sorry. To be more specific, I didn't mean that a single faction "controlled" the town. I just meant that they had a hand in founding it and also may provide financial support or interest. I'm sure we'll find all the factions in the wonderful town!

Quote:
In The Secret World, the Illuminati are the arch enemies of the Templars. The Illuminati were driven out of Europe by the Templars and reorganized in the new world of America.

Selzi

Quote:

Quote:

Areelex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvek View Post
If that's true then I'd wager Illuminati.

However, I also would like some more info on why Kingsmouth is important enough for any secret society to want to control it.
I mean, it's not like there is an entrance to Agartha there (the bright light in the video, also near the viking wreckage), or there is a very powerful evil presence known to be there before all hell breaks loose on Halloween (although the natives have obviously been thinking so), or there is a magnificent amount of knowledge to be found there about something which is vital to the secret societies (like maybe Innsmouth Academy), or is there?

Also, the fact the zombies are so huge there will be explained and is specific to Solomon's Island.If any secret society has done experiments gone wrong, then it must be the Illuminati who don't let moral or ethical reasons get in their way.

I find it cool and true to the ideas presented so far that the community has been able to come with Templar stuff there, and also Illuminati stuff. As they should, the Dragon are totally invisible (or are they? Prove me wrong )
Actually I've read (or heard in an interview i can't remember) that there are absolutely no science fiction elements in this game so that leaves expirements gone wrong out of the question.

Areelex

Quote:

However, I also would like some more info on why Kingsmouth is important enough for any secret society to want to control it.
I mean, it's not like there is an entrance to Agartha there (the bright light in the video, also near the viking wreckage), or there is a very powerful evil presence known to be there before all hell breaks loose on Halloween (although the natives have obviously been thinking so), or there is a magnificent amount of knowledge to be found there about something which is vital to the secret societies (like maybe Innsmouth Academy), or is there?

Also, the fact the zombies are so huge there will be explained and is specific to Solomon's Island.If any secret society has done experiments gone wrong, then it must be the Illuminati who don't let moral or ethical reasons get in their way.

I find it cool and true to the ideas presented so far that the community has been able to come with Templar stuff there, and also Illuminati stuff. As they should, the Dragon are totally invisible (or are they? Prove me wrong )
Actually I've read (or heard in an interview i can't remember) that there are absolutely no science fiction elements in this game so that leaves expirements gone wrong out of the question.

Areelex

Quote:

Dartfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areelex View Post
Just to be fair he didn't specify science experiment.

What constitutes as science fiction does differ a bit from person to person. I believe when they said that there wasn't going to be sci-fi elements they were mostly refering to aliens and UFOs. The did however also mention that the Illuminati would have "toys" that could erode the barrier between worlds. That sounds a little sci-fi but not in a Star Trek kind of way, more in a Ghostbusters kind of way...and last I knew Ghostbusters wasn't catagorized as sci-fi.

Dartfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areelex View Post
Just to be fair he didn't specify science experiment.

What constitutes as science fiction does differ a bit from person to person. I believe when they said that there wasn't going to be sci-fi elements they were mostly refering to aliens and UFOs. The did however also mention that the Illuminati would have "toys" that could erode the barrier between worlds. That sounds a little sci-fi but not in a Star Trek kind of way, more in a Ghostbusters kind of way...and last I knew Ghostbusters wasn't catagorized as sci-fi.