SubLiminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho1yreality View Post
Some martial arts that have aroused my curiosity are Krav Maga (Israeli) and Systema (Russian). If you just do a youtube search I'm sure you'll come across some interesting demonstrations.
Krav Maga is a martial art in the way the marine corp training is a martial art, though. This isn't to say it's not crazy effective, but it loses a lot of the "art" of martial arts. And by Systema do you mean Sambo? I've never heard of Systema but I know Sambo is Russia's military martial art/sport.

ho1yreality

Tony Jaa is an incredible athlete, I've seen Ong Bok which is an incredible display of Mr. Jaa's physical abilities (though otherwise it's a pretty bad movie). If practical fighting is what you're looking for just flip the tv to UFC or Pride, its definitely not flashy and the majority of it happens on the ground.

here is a clip of systema http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcf_AIIJ1eM

ho1yreality

Tony Jaa is an incredible athlete, I've seen Ong Bok which is an incredible display of Mr. Jaa's physical abilities (though otherwise it's a pretty bad movie). If practical fighting is what you're looking for just flip the tv to UFC or Pride, its definitely not flashy and the majority of it happens on the ground.

ho1yreality

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

When i watched Ong Bak it really impressed me, you see it and looks so real, fast, brutal and efficient, it almost hurts.

Jackie Chan said of that guy that he (Jackie) has been able to do good stuff in martial arts, but the guy there was actually something else.

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

When i watched Ong Bak it really impressed me, you see it and looks so real, fast, brutal and efficient, it almost hurts.

Jackie Chan said of that guy that he (Jackie) has been able to do good stuff in martial arts, but the guy there was actually something else.

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio