blink3

i hope no monsters drop armor or weapons unless it looks like they're wearing it. I hope they drop money and misc. items that you need to get to buy equipment from stores and stuff. ,many of the misc. items would be non-tradable to prevent lvl 1s have highest level gear. as said before, crafting would always work also.

Lycurgus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentuhotep View Post
This game is crying out for a completely random-generated loot system with a crafting mechanic that improves that random loot (i.e. tinkering/improving). I know there isn't information out regarding that yet, but it's always fun to speculate and get feedback from everyone. I wish Funcom was gonna be at PAX East this weekend, I'll be there.
If they do something like this, it should be like a pick and choose type thing i think, where you can customize the type of weapon you want and you need the necessary amount of crafting items and level to make it. Of course trying to moderate it so you can't break the game with a BFG or anything lol

Lycurgus

Quote:
This game is crying out for a completely random-generated loot system with a crafting mechanic that improves that random loot (i.e. tinkering/improving). I know there isn't information out regarding that yet, but it's always fun to speculate and get feedback from everyone. I wish Funcom was gonna be at PAX East this weekend, I'll be there.
If they do something like this, it should be like a pick and choose type thing i think, where you can customize the type of weapon you want and you need the necessary amount of crafting items and level to make it. Of course trying to moderate it so you can't break the game with a BFG or anything lol

Lycurgus

Quote:

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink3 View Post
i hope no monsters drop armor or weapons unless it looks like they're wearing it. I hope they drop money and misc. items that you need to get to buy equipment from stores and stuff. ,many of the misc. items would be non-tradable to prevent lvl 1s have highest level gear. as said before, crafting would always work also.
In AoC you don't get human related loot from animals or non humanoid monsters, i'm sure FC won't give a big step back on this.

In AO for the msot part animals give animal related loot, androids android related... humanoids.... etc, there are still a lot of misplaced loot tables in terms of should this have it or not, specially in the Shadowlands.

Would like it better to get things like the crepuscle armor, you get leather patches and special components from creatures, then you can craft it, the upgrading loot via tradeskilling (and magical tradeskilling) and upgrading loot would be nice.

Instead of looting weapons and gear directly (or better on top of it) you could get the reactives and elements needed to upgrade weapons and/or gear.

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
In AoC you don't get human related loot from animals or non humanoid monsters, i'm sure FC won't give a big step back on this.

In AO for the msot part animals give animal related loot, androids android related... humanoids.... etc, there are still a lot of misplaced loot tables in terms of should this have it or not, specially in the Shadowlands.

Would like it better to get things like the crepuscle armor, you get leather patches and special components from creatures, then you can craft it, the upgrading loot via tradeskilling (and magical tradeskilling) and upgrading loot would be nice.

Instead of looting weapons and gear directly (or better on top of it) you could get the reactives and elements needed to upgrade weapons and/or gear.

Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

Quote:

Revelation_Zero

It's very possible that they are going the route of randomly generated loot, and also that the loot will tie into the "location", and possibly, "enemy type".

The reason I say this, because in the new Massively Speaking, from Massively.com, there is talk about how Ragnar said that players are going to want to go back to certain areas, as opposed to them just being a quest hub, and then moving on. (http://www.massively.com/2010/03/24/...ng-episode-93/)

This would work perfectly with the random-loo, and the loot-tied-to-monster system. Say, you need to find Zombie teeth, because someone in Egypt really needs them to get a quest done. You could run back to Kingsmouth, pick up said Zombie teeth, and then go back to Egypt.

Revelation_Zero

It's very possible that they are going the route of randomly generated loot, and also that the loot will tie into the "location", and possibly, "enemy type".

The reason I say this, because in the new Massively Speaking, from Massively.com, there is talk about how Ragnar said that players are going to want to go back to certain areas, as opposed to them just being a quest hub, and then moving on. (http://www.massively.com/2010/03/24/...ng-episode-93/)

This would work perfectly with the random-loo, and the loot-tied-to-monster system. Say, you need to find Zombie teeth, because someone in Egypt really needs them to get a quest done. You could run back to Kingsmouth, pick up said Zombie teeth, and then go back to Egypt.

Revelation_Zero