Ithnag

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurael View Post
I came in a bit late, but here are my thoughts so far:

Actually there are a few more discrepancies between the two.

The names at the top are in the background, not in the foreground.

Two words are capitilized in the background that are not capitilized in the foreground "Approach" and "Ability"...no clue why though

The phrase "It fills me with both dread and hope" seems to be missing from the background".

The names at the end in the foreground are not in the background.

Also for Side 2: I found the use of the word "eldritch" (which I thought just meant strange or weird) odd to describe ice. But then I looked it up on dictionary.com and found that the word eldritch (from its etymology) can also mean "of a strange country, pertaining to the Otherworld”
well, there's also Agrippina the Elder, instead of Livia drusilla, in the background.

The queens are key to this all. One way or another.

Terrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinzz View Post
I just noticed something right off the bat when I started reading the diary. The handwritten notes on the pages are written in bokmål, while someone native to Lofoten would write in nynorsk. It's possible Sveins father wasn't from Lofoten, and the diary came into his possession from another source than him being one of the sons of the fisherman.
I believe nynorsk is mainly written in the western parts of Norway. Maybe it's also used in Lofoten, but I doubt it. And I don't bother to check

Terrax

Quote:
I just noticed something right off the bat when I started reading the diary. The handwritten notes on the pages are written in bokmål, while someone native to Lofoten would write in nynorsk. It's possible Sveins father wasn't from Lofoten, and the diary came into his possession from another source than him being one of the sons of the fisherman.
I believe nynorsk is mainly written in the western parts of Norway. Maybe it's also used in Lofoten, but I doubt it. And I don't bother to check

Terrax

Quote:

pantognost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnes View Post
Genius, you are completely right, didn't think of that, it is possible (Note, not probable) that the only way to move forward would be to ask sveinjt about his father

edit: Although i do belive the queens have a big role to play in this puzzle.
I am not an expert in the least on the matter, but could the wrong norwegian dialect be unintentional? I mean is it like someone chinese writing in common while historically the text should be in mandarin in order not to be too arcane or too distant?

Just a note in order to not get carried away...

I could be wrong tho...

pantognost

Quote:
Genius, you are completely right, didn't think of that, it is possible (Note, not probable) that the only way to move forward would be to ask sveinjt about his father

I am not an expert in the least on the matter, but could the wrong norwegian dialect be unintentional? I mean is it like someone chinese writing in common while historically the text should be in mandarin in order not to be too arcane or too distant?

I could be wrong tho...

pantognost

Quote:

I could be wrong tho...

Blacula

It also looks like Amundsen used the search for Nobile as a cover, an excuse to get the necessary equipment to get to...wherever he and NB were going. NB mentions that everyone is so distracted with the search for Nobile that they can go unnoticed.

Blacula

It also looks like Amundsen used the search for Nobile as a cover, an excuse to get the necessary equipment to get to...wherever he and NB were going. NB mentions that everyone is so distracted with the search for Nobile that they can go unnoticed.

Blacula