Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume View Post
What do followers of The Dragon call themselves? I ask because it's singular, not plural, and that makes me wonder. Everyone's saying we're dragons, but I'm a bit iffy about this. Followers of God don't call themselves gods, afterall. "I am Dragon" sounds pretty good? And I'm very intrigued by what, or who, The Dragon is. Is it a philosophy, or is there an actual dragon in the lore of this secret society? I ask because I like to know about a secret society before I get a tattoo.

Why I ask: the text for the Dragon faction reads: Few know of the Dragon and their long history, and that is how the Dragon want it.

So I guess it's Dragon, not Dragons. We are one mind made up of many individuals. Like a bee colony. Very Eastern/Confucius philosophy too. We are Dragon. Actually, I'm just Grasshopper.

I'll probably get kicked out of the Dragon soon anyway for asking too many questions!

And I could be Illluminati or Templar, pretending to be Dragon.
>.>
<.<
I think you have it right Yume.
AKA Mr-March

*~*∞*~*NOW RECRUITING*~*∞*~*
░▒▓ ∞∞∞ Ơ U R O B O R O § ∞∞∞ ▓▒░
~∞∞~ A Dragon cabal for TSW on Huldra ~∞∞~
▒▓∞∞http://ouroboroscommunity.enjin.com/∞∞▓▒

HikariDragonRyuu

Edit: I'm going to expand on my previous comment.

The Dragon seems like a bit of a ten-year old choice; look at the grammar of some of the Dragon(s?) on this board for evidence. No offense, but I'm sure Dragon will be the bandwagon choice come release.

The initiation quiz said I was a Templar. Thing is, I'm not exactly religious, (I'm agnostic) so I chose the Illuminati. I found its description far more interesting.

HikariDragonRyuu

The Dragon seems like a bit of a ten-year old choice; look at the grammar of some of the Dragon(s?) on this board for evidence. No offense, but I'm sure Dragon will be the bandwagon choice come release.

The initiation quiz said I was a Templar. Thing is, I'm not exactly religious, (I'm agnostic) so I chose the Illuminati. I found its description far more interesting.

HikariDragonRyuu

Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
Took the quiz and got Templar. Thing is I don't really like crosses. Took the test again and got Dragon. Then I read the description and thought "tree-huggers".

Took the test a third time, simplifying my motives to power and money, and got Illuminati. That's what I picked.

What are the Dragons anyway? Ninjas?
No they arent Ninjas. I seriously doubt it is that simplistic. I think it seems more in line with Eastern philospohy of maintaining balance. Whihc is why I see the conspiring and whisping of assasinations as a bit out of character in keeping with that ideal. Seems a paradox. I sinply chose the 1 closest to me. and from a context standpoint members of political parties dont always agree with each other. So can immagine myself saying no when it comes to being asked to do something like assasinate or something of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Dragon for the time being, balance, manipulation and deception aren't really my strong points, the quiz was pretty split from templar to dragon for me (redid the quiz just to make sure and it gave dragon the second time templar the first)..

Mmm, I wish there was a collective society of warrior librarians that were all about knowledge and strength instead of deception and manipulation that'd fit me much more from a story and lore point of view but oh well.

For now im the black sheep dragon, later on who knows?

too much green around for my tastes though!
Thats what I thought too. I dont wish to identify with the skullduggery aspect of Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariDragonRyuu View Post
The quiz said that I was a Templar, but I'm agnostic, so I chose the Illuminati.
Again very simplistic and far too short sighted. I know Templer are inspried by that but if you recall Templers were regarded as heretics because of anti christian practices. The description even says the larger portion of Knights Templer are what people misconstrue Templers to be when they are just a small part. I seriously doubt Ragnar Tornquist invented a faction that would exclude Muslims, Hindus, Buddhosts etc. Its about ideology not relgion.

As far as altering the factions descriptions for balance I kind of see that. But lets face it greedy capitalists who back stab and infight is clearly what they are. If you dont want to be one then dont. However I think the Templer ought to be cleared up a bit more so as not to appear exclusionary with regard to faith. A way to seperate them from the Crusader Knights who appear to be an offshoot in RTs TSW. And yes Im not to much liking the idea of Dragons as assasins and conspists to acheive some perfect balance. I really do see these as somwhat contradictory.

But like I said we have 3 to choose from and its about getting the one closest not a straight clean match.
AKA Mr-March

Lodestar

Quote:
Took the quiz and got Templar. Thing is I don't really like crosses. Took the test again and got Dragon. Then I read the description and thought "tree-huggers".

Took the test a third time, simplifying my motives to power and money, and got Illuminati. That's what I picked.

No they arent Ninjas. I seriously doubt it is that simplistic. I think it seems more in line with Eastern philospohy of maintaining balance. Whihc is why I see the conspiring and whisping of assasinations as a bit out of character in keeping with that ideal. Seems a paradox. I sinply chose the 1 closest to me. and from a context standpoint members of political parties dont always agree with each other. So can immagine myself saying no when it comes to being asked to do something like assasinate or something of that nature.

Quote:
Dragon for the time being, balance, manipulation and deception aren't really my strong points, the quiz was pretty split from templar to dragon for me (redid the quiz just to make sure and it gave dragon the second time templar the first)..

Mmm, I wish there was a collective society of warrior librarians that were all about knowledge and strength instead of deception and manipulation that'd fit me much more from a story and lore point of view but oh well.

Thats what I thought too. I dont wish to identify with the skullduggery aspect of Dragon.

Quote:
The quiz said that I was a Templar, but I'm agnostic, so I chose the Illuminati.
Again very simplistic and far too short sighted. I know Templer are inspried by that but if you recall Templers were regarded as heretics because of anti christian practices. The description even says the larger portion of Knights Templer are what people misconstrue Templers to be when they are just a small part. I seriously doubt Ragnar Tornquist invented a faction that would exclude Muslims, Hindus, Buddhosts etc. Its about ideology not relgion.

As far as altering the factions descriptions for balance I kind of see that. But lets face it greedy capitalists who back stab and infight is clearly what they are. If you dont want to be one then dont. However I think the Templer ought to be cleared up a bit more so as not to appear exclusionary with regard to faith. A way to seperate them from the Crusader Knights who appear to be an offshoot in RTs TSW. And yes Im not to much liking the idea of Dragons as assasins and conspists to acheive some perfect balance. I really do see these as somwhat contradictory.

But like I said we have 3 to choose from and its about getting the one closest not a straight clean match.
AKA Mr-March

Lodestar

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

AKA Mr-March

galadorn

Quote:

Excuse me, way to flame a debate! Just because some people cannot spell properly or have difficulty with grammer, does not mean they have the intellect, understanding or abilities of a 10 year old

If you understand the balance of Yin-Yang you will understand what it means to be a dragon, thats what I think FC had in mind when bringing in this Secret Society.

I quote from Wikipedia (cos it summarises this concept better than I can in a small amount of words):

Yin and yang are thought to arise together from an initial quiescence or emptiness (wuji, sometimes symbolized by an empty circle), and to continue moving in tandem until quiescence is reached again. For instance, dropping a stone in a calm pool of water will simultaneously raise waves and lower troughs between them, and this alternation of high and low points in the water will radiate outward until the movement dissipates and the pool is calm once more. Yin–yang, thus, always has the following characteristic: yin and yang describe opposing qualities in phenomena. For instance, winter is yin to summer's yang over the course of a year, and femininity is yin to masculinity's yang in human relationships.

It is impossible to talk about yin or yang without some reference to the opposite: yin–yang are rooted together. Since yin and yang are created together in a single movement, they are bound together as parts of a mutual whole. A race with only men or only women would disappear in a single generation; but men and women together create new generations that allow the race they mutually create (and mutually come from) to survive. The interaction of the two gives birth to things.[2] Yin and yang transform each other: like an undertow in the ocean, every advance is complemented by a retreat, and every rise transforms into a fall. Thus, a seed will sprout from the earth and grow upwards towards the sky – an intrinsically yang movement. Then when it reaches its full height, it will begin to weaken, and eventually will fall back to the earth in decay – an intrinsically yin movement.

Yin always contains the potential for yang, and yang for yin. Yin and yang are balanced: yin–yang is a dynamic equilibrium. Because they arise together they are always equal: if one disappears, the other must disappear as well, leaving emptiness. This is rarely immediately apparent, though, because yang elements are clear and obvious while yin elements are hidden and subtle. Yin–yang is not an actual substance or force[1], the way it might be conceived of in western terms. Instead, it is a universal way of describing the interactions and interrelations of the natural forces that occur in the world. It applies as well to social constructions – e.g. value judgements like good and evil, rich and poor, honor and dishonor – yet it is often used in those contexts as a warning, since by its principles extreme good will turn to evil, extreme wealth to poverty, extreme honor to dishonor. Yin is receptive, yielding, negative, and nurturing. It is associated with night, valleys, rivers, streams, water, metal, and earth. Yang is active, dominating, positive, and initiating/creating. Yang is associated with day, mountains, hills, fire, wood, and air. The concept of "unity in duality" arises in many faiths and philosophies, from the philosophy of Heraclitus, to the nondualistic philosophies of Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism, and Buddhism, to Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism and New Thought. Yin–yang is unique, however, both in its dynamic nature and its broad application to the natural world.

galadorn

Quote:

Excuse me, way to flame a debate! Just because some people cannot spell properly or have difficulty with grammer, does not mean they have the intellect, understanding or abilities of a 10 year old

If you understand the balance of Yin-Yang you will understand what it means to be a dragon, thats what I think FC had in mind when bringing in this Secret Society.

I quote from Wikipedia (cos it summarises this concept better than I can in a small amount of words):

Yin and yang are thought to arise together from an initial quiescence or emptiness (wuji, sometimes symbolized by an empty circle), and to continue moving in tandem until quiescence is reached again. For instance, dropping a stone in a calm pool of water will simultaneously raise waves and lower troughs between them, and this alternation of high and low points in the water will radiate outward until the movement dissipates and the pool is calm once more. Yin–yang, thus, always has the following characteristic: yin and yang describe opposing qualities in phenomena. For instance, winter is yin to summer's yang over the course of a year, and femininity is yin to masculinity's yang in human relationships.

It is impossible to talk about yin or yang without some reference to the opposite: yin–yang are rooted together. Since yin and yang are created together in a single movement, they are bound together as parts of a mutual whole. A race with only men or only women would disappear in a single generation; but men and women together create new generations that allow the race they mutually create (and mutually come from) to survive. The interaction of the two gives birth to things.[2] Yin and yang transform each other: like an undertow in the ocean, every advance is complemented by a retreat, and every rise transforms into a fall. Thus, a seed will sprout from the earth and grow upwards towards the sky – an intrinsically yang movement. Then when it reaches its full height, it will begin to weaken, and eventually will fall back to the earth in decay – an intrinsically yin movement.

Yin always contains the potential for yang, and yang for yin. Yin and yang are balanced: yin–yang is a dynamic equilibrium. Because they arise together they are always equal: if one disappears, the other must disappear as well, leaving emptiness. This is rarely immediately apparent, though, because yang elements are clear and obvious while yin elements are hidden and subtle. Yin–yang is not an actual substance or force[1], the way it might be conceived of in western terms. Instead, it is a universal way of describing the interactions and interrelations of the natural forces that occur in the world. It applies as well to social constructions – e.g. value judgements like good and evil, rich and poor, honor and dishonor – yet it is often used in those contexts as a warning, since by its principles extreme good will turn to evil, extreme wealth to poverty, extreme honor to dishonor. Yin is receptive, yielding, negative, and nurturing. It is associated with night, valleys, rivers, streams, water, metal, and earth. Yang is active, dominating, positive, and initiating/creating. Yang is associated with day, mountains, hills, fire, wood, and air. The concept of "unity in duality" arises in many faiths and philosophies, from the philosophy of Heraclitus, to the nondualistic philosophies of Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism, and Buddhism, to Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism and New Thought. Yin–yang is unique, however, both in its dynamic nature and its broad application to the natural world.

galadorn

Quote: