Tulkas

I don't think the development of TSW can be compared to AOC, like apples to oranges. I think TSW is more complete and has a bigger staff at the "Big Reveal" than AOC did at it's big reveal. They have had 100 people on TSW for about 18 months. That works out to about 2,500,000 hours of work (100 people x 160 hour/month x 18 months).

By comparison, AOC's "Big Reveal" came back in 2005. Funcom had not gone public back then, so the earliest peek we have at Funcom's staff size is in their first annual report in 2006, when they say they started 2006 with 170 employees. At the time, they were working on Dreamfall, the Lost Eden exp of AO, AOC, and of course sustaining AO which was their meager bread and butter back then. So this is a year after the AOC reveal, and they might have been able to put 40 people on AOC. I doubt they had 2,500,000 hours invested in AOC until it was almost ready to launch.

psyloche

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
Great update.

You know what I wanna know... the reasoning behind the colors and the symbols. It's easy to figure out why they used these symbols and colors, but why is the Dragon the green, why is the Illuminati the triangle, etc.
The triangle reminds of the symbol for the New World Order conspiracy theory:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence
who is connected to the Illuminati stories. The colour green and the circle, could be influenced by the colour of Jade, who is highly valued in asia, and the circle is used in several asian symbols, specially japan, Ying-Yang symbol, etc.
The square got four corners, same as a cross, and would substitute as a religion neutral alternative to the cross.

psyloche

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Great update.

You know what I wanna know... the reasoning behind the colors and the symbols. It's easy to figure out why they used these symbols and colors, but why is the Dragon the green, why is the Illuminati the triangle, etc.
who is connected to the Illuminati stories. The colour green and the circle, could be influenced by the colour of Jade, who is highly valued in asia, and the circle is used in several asian symbols, specially japan, Ying-Yang symbol, etc.
The square got four corners, same as a cross, and would substitute as a religion neutral alternative to the cross.

psyloche

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Great update.

Unlightedpath

Nice!

Halloween being my favorite Holiday this pleases me. Once thing about this game and forums... It teaches you patience.

Unlightedpath

Nice!

Halloween being my favorite Holiday this pleases me. Once thing about this game and forums... It teaches you patience.

Unlightedpath

Nice!

Luna

I think I'll just jump back in and mention (as someone else had done already but it seems he was ignored) milestone is a term in the biz that signifies a deadline so you can show the finance people and directors what progress is being made, its generally something that the public hears about but doesn't actually see anything from.

Luna

I think I'll just jump back in and mention (as someone else had done already but it seems he was ignored) milestone is a term in the biz that signifies a deadline so you can show the finance people and directors what progress is being made, its generally something that the public hears about but doesn't actually see anything from.

Luna