Thread Tools

Pugmak

Pugmak's Avatar
It is way too early in the process to be worrying about faction number balance.
The knack to good leadership is not to give orders that can be understood. Instead, give orders that *can not* be misunderstood.

Pugmak

Pugmak's Avatar
It is way too early in the process to be worrying about faction number balance.
The knack to good leadership is not to give orders that can be understood. Instead, give orders that *can not* be misunderstood.

Pugmak

Pugmak's Avatar
It is way too early in the process to be worrying about faction number balance.
The knack to good leadership is not to give orders that can be understood. Instead, give orders that *can not* be misunderstood.

Squiver

Squiver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
/facepalm i knew this was too complex for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
religious is an adjective. adjectives compare. in different contexts they compare different things. someone can ask you what you think of a stripper. and you can say she's good. and then your friend proposes to her, and you say whats a matter with you? and the friend says but you said she was good.

your friend would be a moron. and you're a moron. i dont need to explain the differences, i shouldnt need to explain basic english. you ignored the argument, only trying to find a flaw in the argument, instead of actually trying to understand what i wrote.
Look, guy, I hate to say it but you're a straight up asshole, and your argument isn't really proving anything but that. You're constantly changing the topic of discussion and then calling Ithnag a moron for not following your inconsistent train of debate. Do you really even care about the topic at hand anymore? Or are you just trying to find excuses to condescend to someone on the internet because you can't utter so much as a word of protest in real life?

Let's face it, everyone who's reading your argument thinks your logic is flawed. As I've said, you keep changing "what the argument is" from the Dragon, to the Templars, to whether or not belief is a religion in and of itself, to the definition of religion related to the Templars, and then you come out and say that the Templars never had anything to do with this and you're arguing about vocabulary.

Listen, we don't want discussions like this, or people like you, in our forums. If you're going to debate, fine, but learn to do it with some tact and a level of maturity above that of a self loathing thirteen year old.

Squiver

Squiver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
/facepalm i knew this was too complex for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
religious is an adjective. adjectives compare. in different contexts they compare different things. someone can ask you what you think of a stripper. and you can say she's good. and then your friend proposes to her, and you say whats a matter with you? and the friend says but you said she was good.

your friend would be a moron. and you're a moron. i dont need to explain the differences, i shouldnt need to explain basic english. you ignored the argument, only trying to find a flaw in the argument, instead of actually trying to understand what i wrote.
Look, guy, I hate to say it but you're a straight up asshole, and your argument isn't really proving anything but that. You're constantly changing the topic of discussion and then calling Ithnag a moron for not following your inconsistent train of debate. Do you really even care about the topic at hand anymore? Or are you just trying to find excuses to condescend to someone on the internet because you can't utter so much as a word of protest in real life?

Let's face it, everyone who's reading your argument thinks your logic is flawed. As I've said, you keep changing "what the argument is" from the Dragon, to the Templars, to whether or not belief is a religion in and of itself, to the definition of religion related to the Templars, and then you come out and say that the Templars never had anything to do with this and you're arguing about vocabulary.

Listen, we don't want discussions like this, or people like you, in our forums. If you're going to debate, fine, but learn to do it with some tact and a level of maturity above that of a self loathing thirteen year old.

Squiver

Squiver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
/facepalm i knew this was too complex for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
religious is an adjective. adjectives compare. in different contexts they compare different things. someone can ask you what you think of a stripper. and you can say she's good. and then your friend proposes to her, and you say whats a matter with you? and the friend says but you said she was good.

your friend would be a moron. and you're a moron. i dont need to explain the differences, i shouldnt need to explain basic english. you ignored the argument, only trying to find a flaw in the argument, instead of actually trying to understand what i wrote.
Look, guy, I hate to say it but you're a straight up asshole, and your argument isn't really proving anything but that. You're constantly changing the topic of discussion and then calling Ithnag a moron for not following your inconsistent train of debate. Do you really even care about the topic at hand anymore? Or are you just trying to find excuses to condescend to someone on the internet because you can't utter so much as a word of protest in real life?

Let's face it, everyone who's reading your argument thinks your logic is flawed. As I've said, you keep changing "what the argument is" from the Dragon, to the Templars, to whether or not belief is a religion in and of itself, to the definition of religion related to the Templars, and then you come out and say that the Templars never had anything to do with this and you're arguing about vocabulary.

Listen, we don't want discussions like this, or people like you, in our forums. If you're going to debate, fine, but learn to do it with some tact and a level of maturity above that of a self loathing thirteen year old.

Aethan

Aethan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversight View Post
When I took the test, I answered according to what I believe is true about reality, not what I WISH reality should be. In one question it asked "who rules the world?" Well, of course the ruthless, but it SHOULD be the righteous. Anyway...

The only thing I like about Illuminati is their creed that there's no rules, since rules are created by just another fart like me, , why should I follow them? On the other hand, Illus are not my style as their "members" stand for all that I despise in RL. And I don't particularly like metro NY scene to revisit but machineguns are cool. I just hope Illuminatis are not specialized in MGs in some way.

I read up on Templars, who are most in tune with my personal philosophy... when I think with my emotions. But then again they abide by rules and tradition... both are good to learn from, but not bound by. London scene does sound good though.

Dragons preach patience, which is the most important and difficult virtue for a shrewd or wise person. I like shrewd/wise. Don't care for Japanese weapons. Dragons also sound the most environmentally friendly.

I think there's a higher chance that: Illuminatis attract punks, Templars attract infants ona crusade and Dragons MAY have more thinkers and adults. I pick Dragon. And maybe a Templar alt just to explore London

I like your thoughts about this matter. But I answered the test thinking of how the world SHOULD be, and not how it is.

I got Dragon and I must admit I did not expect to. I did not read on the various societies' descriptions, because I didn't want to be biased during the test.
So I went with what I believe, what I imagine to be the most just answers. I did not choose the samurai sword, I abhor close contact fighting, I'm also not big on blades. The machine gun looked a bit over the top for my taste as well (why waste 40 bullets when 2 or 3 well directed do the trick?) so I chose the pistol. I also chose that the way the world is going should be stopped, now. Because, unlike I read someone say, what is happening is not part of a healthy Balance, it is the opposite really. Destruction is not born out of equilibrium, destruction, in a bigger scale, is the symptom of problems in the realm of Good vs. Evil (positive vs. negative, love vs. fear, if you like). What is going wrong, unbalancing The Order, must be stopped. Evened out. It is the way of Nature. And we are not above it, nor will we ever be. It will always win in the end. Even if that means our extinction as a species.

I do not agree with the Anarchic/Chaotic side to the Dragon society. I admit there has to be chaos for there to be balance, but Anarchy is not the way, in my opinion. The World needs rules. It is made out of rules. We are born and we die. We make choices, and there are consequences to those choices. Some rules are needed.
Also, I do not identify myself specially with Asia's culture or people. But I admire the way they think. I am a pacifist and I would go to extremes in order to avoid engaging in combat. It's also the way I play my games.

No, I'm not sure Dragon is the right clan for me.

The Templars would be my other choice (the one I thought would turn out as my result in the test). Can't stand the blindness and paternalistic pious nature of this society though (I'm talking about the extremes, obviously, the way each society is described in this game, a tad different from the reality/real history). But I admire their ideals. Still there's that side I already mentioned, they act like they're the exponent of virtue and verticality, but their history tells a slightly different story. They were the first bankers, after-all (the whole Poor Knights Of Christ thing didn't last very long, they were all sentenced to death for holding bigger patrimony than any king at the time :P). They were also an armed force for hire, and had their own interests to defend.

I could not fight alongside the Illuminati (not the way they are described in game), because they represent most of what I find is wrong in this world. But I have to admire the way they openly accept what they are and make no apologies. They are what they are. And I can identify myself with that.

So, all is yet to be decided.

Aethan

Aethan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversight View Post
When I took the test, I answered according to what I believe is true about reality, not what I WISH reality should be. In one question it asked "who rules the world?" Well, of course the ruthless, but it SHOULD be the righteous. Anyway...

The only thing I like about Illuminati is their creed that there's no rules, since rules are created by just another fart like me, , why should I follow them? On the other hand, Illus are not my style as their "members" stand for all that I despise in RL. And I don't particularly like metro NY scene to revisit but machineguns are cool. I just hope Illuminatis are not specialized in MGs in some way.

I read up on Templars, who are most in tune with my personal philosophy... when I think with my emotions. But then again they abide by rules and tradition... both are good to learn from, but not bound by. London scene does sound good though.

Dragons preach patience, which is the most important and difficult virtue for a shrewd or wise person. I like shrewd/wise. Don't care for Japanese weapons. Dragons also sound the most environmentally friendly.

I think there's a higher chance that: Illuminatis attract punks, Templars attract infants ona crusade and Dragons MAY have more thinkers and adults. I pick Dragon. And maybe a Templar alt just to explore London

I like your thoughts about this matter. But I answered the test thinking of how the world SHOULD be, and not how it is.

I got Dragon and I must admit I did not expect to. I did not read on the various societies' descriptions, because I didn't want to be biased during the test.
So I went with what I believe, what I imagine to be the most just answers. I did not choose the samurai sword, I abhor close contact fighting, I'm also not big on blades. The machine gun looked a bit over the top for my taste as well (why waste 40 bullets when 2 or 3 well directed do the trick?) so I chose the pistol. I also chose that the way the world is going should be stopped, now. Because, unlike I read someone say, what is happening is not part of a healthy Balance, it is the opposite really. Destruction is not born out of equilibrium, destruction, in a bigger scale, is the symptom of problems in the realm of Good vs. Evil (positive vs. negative, love vs. fear, if you like). What is going wrong, unbalancing The Order, must be stopped. Evened out. It is the way of Nature. And we are not above it, nor will we ever be. It will always win in the end. Even if that means our extinction as a species.

I do not agree with the Anarchic/Chaotic side to the Dragon society. I admit there has to be chaos for there to be balance, but Anarchy is not the way, in my opinion. The World needs rules. It is made out of rules. We are born and we die. We make choices, and there are consequences to those choices. Some rules are needed.
Also, I do not identify myself specially with Asia's culture or people. But I admire the way they think. I am a pacifist and I would go to extremes in order to avoid engaging in combat. It's also the way I play my games.

No, I'm not sure Dragon is the right clan for me.

The Templars would be my other choice (the one I thought would turn out as my result in the test). Can't stand the blindness and paternalistic pious nature of this society though (I'm talking about the extremes, obviously, the way each society is described in this game, a tad different from the reality/real history). But I admire their ideals. Still there's that side I already mentioned, they act like they're the exponent of virtue and verticality, but their history tells a slightly different story. They were the first bankers, after-all (the whole Poor Knights Of Christ thing didn't last very long, they were all sentenced to death for holding bigger patrimony than any king at the time :P). They were also an armed force for hire, and had their own interests to defend.

I could not fight alongside the Illuminati (not the way they are described in game), because they represent most of what I find is wrong in this world. But I have to admire the way they openly accept what they are and make no apologies. They are what they are. And I can identify myself with that.

So, all is yet to be decided.

Aethan

Aethan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversight View Post
When I took the test, I answered according to what I believe is true about reality, not what I WISH reality should be. In one question it asked "who rules the world?" Well, of course the ruthless, but it SHOULD be the righteous. Anyway...

The only thing I like about Illuminati is their creed that there's no rules, since rules are created by just another fart like me, , why should I follow them? On the other hand, Illus are not my style as their "members" stand for all that I despise in RL. And I don't particularly like metro NY scene to revisit but machineguns are cool. I just hope Illuminatis are not specialized in MGs in some way.

I read up on Templars, who are most in tune with my personal philosophy... when I think with my emotions. But then again they abide by rules and tradition... both are good to learn from, but not bound by. London scene does sound good though.

Dragons preach patience, which is the most important and difficult virtue for a shrewd or wise person. I like shrewd/wise. Don't care for Japanese weapons. Dragons also sound the most environmentally friendly.

I think there's a higher chance that: Illuminatis attract punks, Templars attract infants ona crusade and Dragons MAY have more thinkers and adults. I pick Dragon. And maybe a Templar alt just to explore London

I like your thoughts about this matter. But I answered the test thinking of how the world SHOULD be, and not how it is.

I got Dragon and I must admit I did not expect to. I did not read on the various societies' descriptions, because I didn't want to be biased during the test.
So I went with what I believe, what I imagine to be the most just answers. I did not choose the samurai sword, I abhor close contact fighting, I'm also not big on blades. The machine gun looked a bit over the top for my taste as well (why waste 40 bullets when 2 or 3 well directed do the trick?) so I chose the pistol. I also chose that the way the world is going should be stopped, now. Because, unlike I read someone say, what is happening is not part of a healthy Balance, it is the opposite really. Destruction is not born out of equilibrium, destruction, in a bigger scale, is the symptom of problems in the realm of Good vs. Evil (positive vs. negative, love vs. fear, if you like). What is going wrong, unbalancing The Order, must be stopped. Evened out. It is the way of Nature. And we are not above it, nor will we ever be. It will always win in the end. Even if that means our extinction as a species.

I do not agree with the Anarchic/Chaotic side to the Dragon society. I admit there has to be chaos for there to be balance, but Anarchy is not the way, in my opinion. The World needs rules. It is made out of rules. We are born and we die. We make choices, and there are consequences to those choices. Some rules are needed.
Also, I do not identify myself specially with Asia's culture or people. But I admire the way they think. I am a pacifist and I would go to extremes in order to avoid engaging in combat. It's also the way I play my games.

No, I'm not sure Dragon is the right clan for me.

The Templars would be my other choice (the one I thought would turn out as my result in the test). Can't stand the blindness and paternalistic pious nature of this society though (I'm talking about the extremes, obviously, the way each society is described in this game, a tad different from the reality/real history). But I admire their ideals. Still there's that side I already mentioned, they act like they're the exponent of virtue and verticality, but their history tells a slightly different story. They were the first bankers, after-all (the whole Poor Knights Of Christ thing didn't last very long, they were all sentenced to death for holding bigger patrimony than any king at the time :P). They were also an armed force for hire, and had their own interests to defend.

I could not fight alongside the Illuminati (not the way they are described in game), because they represent most of what I find is wrong in this world. But I have to admire the way they openly accept what they are and make no apologies. They are what they are. And I can identify myself with that.

So, all is yet to be decided.

Darkkar

Darkkar's Avatar
I am glad there are a lot of dragons and not more of another faction. Dragons are going to balence things out so we dont really need to worry. Three factions was the best thing funcom could have done.
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.