Kamaytayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruse View Post
There will be items with stats, from the way I read it. It just won't affect your appearance.

On that note, I'm hoping for multiple costume slots, so I can dress appropriately for the weather/situation at hand.
mind providing the link? im just trying to get a clear point of view as to how the items we're going to be equipping is going to work.

Kamaytayan

Quote:
There will be items with stats, from the way I read it. It just won't affect your appearance.

On that note, I'm hoping for multiple costume slots, so I can dress appropriately for the weather/situation at hand.
mind providing the link? im just trying to get a clear point of view as to how the items we're going to be equipping is going to work.

Kamaytayan

Quote:

Rookie1

Quote:

hmmm...i read it as enchants or imbuing materials would drop from mobs/bosses. your cloths by themselves won't give you bonuses so you can wear what you want. but as you progress you get new enchants and can enchant whatever you're wearing

I think the point of this game is story/puzzles and player's intelligence and/or skills rather than the character's

Rookie1

Quote:

hmmm...i read it as enchants or imbuing materials would drop from mobs/bosses. your cloths by themselves won't give you bonuses so you can wear what you want. but as you progress you get new enchants and can enchant whatever you're wearing

I think the point of this game is story/puzzles and player's intelligence and/or skills rather than the character's

Rookie1

Quote:

Kamaytayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
/like

but what happens when you run out of things to enchant? unless you can enchant multiple enchants on a single item.

because the way FC is making it sound, you have unlimited skills/abilities/playstyles the longer you play

Kamaytayan

Quote:
/like

but what happens when you run out of things to enchant? unless you can enchant multiple enchants on a single item.

because the way FC is making it sound, you have unlimited skills/abilities/playstyles the longer you play

Kamaytayan

Quote:
/like

Fallen Seraph

One thing I think could be likely is that what items you have that do have stats, or attributes could be enhanced or helped along by your Skills.

So lets take two examples a Talisman and a Rifle. As you progress in Firearm skills your Rifle also increases, better accuracy, rate of fire, etc. The Talisman would also work similarly, lets say it is a Shamanist Talisman, so as you progress in Shamanism you are able to focus the Talisman more and increase the efficiency, the chance of it working, etc. of whatever the Talisman does.

I think since the game is less vertical progression and more horizontal. Gear will be less about the next best thing. More about diversity. You could keep the very first Talisman you craft for instance throughout your whole gaming career. A new Talisman wouldn't be better it would just do something different. This works alongside the idea that the developers have said that one could keep a weapon throughout your gaming career, it growing over time.