Hravnir

I think the feature in AO is kinda nice, you type in or generate a nickname and once you're ingame you can add a firstname and/or a lastname if you want to.
Sure, it would add a world of RPG/intrigue/social interaction possibilities, but some people might like just being AragarnxXx or Behemathsl4yer, I don't know.
The important thing is, everyone should have a choice.

Me, I'd get first- and lastnames for all my toons the minute I created them, just like I used to do in AO

Hravnir

I think the feature in AO is kinda nice, you type in or generate a nickname and once you're ingame you can add a firstname and/or a lastname if you want to.
Sure, it would add a world of RPG/intrigue/social interaction possibilities, but some people might like just being AragarnxXx or Behemathsl4yer, I don't know.
The important thing is, everyone should have a choice.

Me, I'd get first- and lastnames for all my toons the minute I created them, just like I used to do in AO

Genesis

In Warhammer - you started teh game with a first name - and when you got to level 20 you could purchase a last name.

IMO for those people that want to change their last name (married, etc) then this would be the best way to implement it.

Genesis

In Warhammer - you started teh game with a first name - and when you got to level 20 you could purchase a last name.

IMO for those people that want to change their last name (married, etc) then this would be the best way to implement it.

Genesis

schadenfreud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
*tackles schadenfreud* that *punch* is not *punch* a good *punch* idea! *head but*
ha! That'll be the day that I get tackled by a Canadian!

schadenfreud

Quote:
*tackles schadenfreud* that *punch* is not *punch* a good *punch* idea! *head but*

schadenfreud

Quote:

Bright Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpSanct View Post
When you ask such a question. Ask yourself this: what would 8-ball say?

Question: Will there be a normal naming convention?
Answer: Don't count on it.

I'd say a naming convention where you can use a mix of codename/callsign/alias + optional normal name would be the most flexible.
For example: Eddie "Niceguy" Cabot.
Niceguy being the codename you'd see when walking around in the gameworld. But Eddie Cabot being listed when looking up his character profile or whatever.
At the same time "Katana" as codename would also be possible (without any first- or lastname; these would be 'unknown' if requested)

I'm not going to bother thinking about how to have the player/game customize/further apply the display of these names. I'm just saying that would be my prefered naming convention.
Probably always going to encounter "IpwnedurFace" type names..unfortunately.

Bright Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpSanct View Post
When you ask such a question. Ask yourself this: what would 8-ball say?

Question: Will there be a normal naming convention?
Answer: Don't count on it.

I'd say a naming convention where you can use a mix of codename/callsign/alias + optional normal name would be the most flexible.
For example: Eddie "Niceguy" Cabot.
Niceguy being the codename you'd see when walking around in the gameworld. But Eddie Cabot being listed when looking up his character profile or whatever.
At the same time "Katana" as codename would also be possible (without any first- or lastname; these would be 'unknown' if requested)

I'm not going to bother thinking about how to have the player/game customize/further apply the display of these names. I'm just saying that would be my prefered naming convention.
Probably always going to encounter "IpwnedurFace" type names..unfortunately.