Squiver

If by "kids" you mean 13 year old boys who like to roleplay battle hardened man killing war heroes who are also only 22 so they can still be considered optimally attractive, with badass skull tattoos who pwn like a million guys with one shot because they're a vampyre prince but they can't get enough blood so that's their weakness it's totally fair...

Then yeah I could see the problem with that. However, I have growing confidence that in many respects, the game will not allow for that. Said plot was easy with, say, World of Warcraft, in which there were an ample amount of wars and fantasy scenarios in which a person could easily craft an unrealistic background. However, in creating a TSW character you more or less have to roll with *real history*, and realistic standards of living. So, it would be quite difficult to be a war hero and also 22 unless you are a veteran of the Iraq war, or you are foreign and have come from civil conflicts within your foreign country, but then by those standards you'd have to incorporate that into your character.

It would also be hard to be super wtf pwn while still keeping up to the standards of the modern day. You can't simply innitiate a blast that would kill al teh z0mbees without destroying modern buildings as collateral damage.

All in all, I'm sure the immature RPers will always find a way to infiltrate, but I have confidence that their immaturity will not be tolerated by the community, and they will be forced to change their character.

Squiver

If by "kids" you mean 13 year old boys who like to roleplay battle hardened man killing war heroes who are also only 22 so they can still be considered optimally attractive, with badass skull tattoos who pwn like a million guys with one shot because they're a vampyre prince but they can't get enough blood so that's their weakness it's totally fair...

Then yeah I could see the problem with that. However, I have growing confidence that in many respects, the game will not allow for that. Said plot was easy with, say, World of Warcraft, in which there were an ample amount of wars and fantasy scenarios in which a person could easily craft an unrealistic background. However, in creating a TSW character you more or less have to roll with *real history*, and realistic standards of living. So, it would be quite difficult to be a war hero and also 22 unless you are a veteran of the Iraq war, or you are foreign and have come from civil conflicts within your foreign country, but then by those standards you'd have to incorporate that into your character.

It would also be hard to be super wtf pwn while still keeping up to the standards of the modern day. You can't simply innitiate a blast that would kill al teh z0mbees without destroying modern buildings as collateral damage.

All in all, I'm sure the immature RPers will always find a way to infiltrate, but I have confidence that their immaturity will not be tolerated by the community, and they will be forced to change their character.

Squiver

Alisandra

Role play? Hell yeah!

I am an elder member of the "SECRET WORLD"! We remember your predecessors and their hunger for RPG.

"Dark days are coming" you fools so get ready. Some of you won't be prepared.

I fear people may forget the secrets of our history that has taught us so much and loose the war we are battling within our own secret communion against the evil forces that inflict upon us, their despair and empty souls with no hope for a future..

We can't ignore the truth of the past. Only the past can give us the answers we need to obtain order in the future.

Without it we loose who we are. The future will cease to exist and all hope will be lost. Failure will imprisoned us to the forces of evil and they will bask in their pathetic glory as they sit in their throne with our heads hanging on the walls lined up like trophies.

Our only hope is that we become members in the same secret society of strength.

Do your research of the "DRAGONS" and the "ILLUMINATI" and the "TEMPLARS". You will find the Templars have the greatest force in the secret world.

You have only ONE opportunity...MAKE YOUR CHOICE!
Do you have the courage to respond?

GET READY TO ROLEPLAY!!!!

Alisandra

Role play? Hell yeah!

I am an elder member of the "SECRET WORLD"! We remember your predecessors and their hunger for RPG.

I fear people may forget the secrets of our history that has taught us so much and loose the war we are battling within our own secret communion against the evil forces that inflict upon us, their despair and empty souls with no hope for a future..

We can't ignore the truth of the past. Only the past can give us the answers we need to obtain order in the future.

Without it we loose who we are. The future will cease to exist and all hope will be lost. Failure will imprisoned us to the forces of evil and they will bask in their pathetic glory as they sit in their throne with our heads hanging on the walls lined up like trophies.

Do your research of the "DRAGONS" and the "ILLUMINATI" and the "TEMPLARS". You will find the Templars have the greatest force in the secret world.

Alisandra

Role play? Hell yeah!

Ompgaming

Roleplay? How can one NOT roleplay in a game set in our own time? Even if you are sitting around a cantina talking about the Yankee game... its still part of the game lore and thus, roleplaying!

What a great concept and I am just now starting to get my mind around the possibilities of playing in a game world SET in our own real life world, only hidden.

Heck, one could, if they desired, play themselves as a mild mannered Wal Mart greeter by day and a zombie hunting Templar by night with their own experiences in the RL effecting their actions in game. Not that one would HAVE to, and clearly its a game that you wouldn't want to blur with RL, but you can imagine the possibilities in RP that exist that just isn't available playing a Bothan working for the Alliance or an Elf mage.... thingy (not really into fantasy, TBH). But wow, this game has some great possibilities for unique RP!

Ompgaming

Roleplay? How can one NOT roleplay in a game set in our own time? Even if you are sitting around a cantina talking about the Yankee game... its still part of the game lore and thus, roleplaying!

What a great concept and I am just now starting to get my mind around the possibilities of playing in a game world SET in our own real life world, only hidden.

Heck, one could, if they desired, play themselves as a mild mannered Wal Mart greeter by day and a zombie hunting Templar by night with their own experiences in the RL effecting their actions in game. Not that one would HAVE to, and clearly its a game that you wouldn't want to blur with RL, but you can imagine the possibilities in RP that exist that just isn't available playing a Bothan working for the Alliance or an Elf mage.... thingy (not really into fantasy, TBH). But wow, this game has some great possibilities for unique RP!

Ompgaming

DashutoRyoko

I don't wish to see rules for RP'ing, but I do intend to be one of the RP'ers. I've always tried to find games that are good for it, but not many exist since not many games can garner a large enough RP base.

I look forward to seeing the fellow RP'ers out there. Till then.
*Taps his head, twirls his hand twice, then bows with his hand against his chest*