Feyd

I have only ever been able to stick with a few MMO's for over the six month period: DAOC, SWG (PreCU), AOC... I've played for shorter periods WoW, L2, CoH, FE, DF, EQ, EQ2, D&DO, Neocron, and others I cant think of.

I just need an MMO I can get addicted too!

Feyd

I have only ever been able to stick with a few MMO's for over the six month period: DAOC, SWG (PreCU), AOC... I've played for shorter periods WoW, L2, CoH, FE, DF, EQ, EQ2, D&DO, Neocron, and others I cant think of.

I just need an MMO I can get addicted too!

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

I played wow for about four and a half year I think, with some pauses here and there. Even though it consumed alot of my time I did not think of it as an addiction, because I found it more rewarding than I found my so-called friends and my family, and I've gotten far more good out of playing WoW than I ever did from sitting around doing nothing, because thats what I did before, and thats what I'm doing now.
Wisdom bringer - We call upon thy name
Bestow upon us thy infernal blessings of the inner divine flame

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

I played wow for about four and a half year I think, with some pauses here and there. Even though it consumed alot of my time I did not think of it as an addiction, because I found it more rewarding than I found my so-called friends and my family, and I've gotten far more good out of playing WoW than I ever did from sitting around doing nothing, because thats what I did before, and thats what I'm doing now.

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

uber.dweeb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouny88 View Post
How many people were addicted to a mmo and quit to get away from it all? Then saw this game and was just like, man this game looks sick, i gonna have to give it a try?

This is my story.

I was addicted to WOW for 5 years and 5 months ago i finally quit with no interest in going back into any mmo, and i told myself i would never get back into a mmo again because of that reason. Now i see this game and i wanna get back into mmo's, well this one at least.
I was hooked on FFXI hardcore for a little bit, quiting that was worse then quitting smoking for me, I had the shakes, and i was moody, it was bad!

After that... Never had a huge issue. I played wow for a while, but it was more because I was out of a job, and in school, needing to kill time.

uber.dweeb123

Quote:
How many people were addicted to a mmo and quit to get away from it all? Then saw this game and was just like, man this game looks sick, i gonna have to give it a try?

This is my story.

I was addicted to WOW for 5 years and 5 months ago i finally quit with no interest in going back into any mmo, and i told myself i would never get back into a mmo again because of that reason. Now i see this game and i wanna get back into mmo's, well this one at least.
I was hooked on FFXI hardcore for a little bit, quiting that was worse then quitting smoking for me, I had the shakes, and i was moody, it was bad!

After that... Never had a huge issue. I played wow for a while, but it was more because I was out of a job, and in school, needing to kill time.

uber.dweeb123

Quote:

This is my story.

Culann

Let's see...

5 years in EQ1, from day 1 on..
4 & 1/2 years on and off in Anarchy Online
7 months in Earth and Beyond from closed beta onwards
6 months in Horizons from closed beta onwards
1 year & 1/2 in City of Heroes from open beta onwards
1 year 2 months in EQ2 from open beta onwards
6 months in Matrix Online
4 months in RF Online
1 year in World of Warcraft
3 months in Neocron