Ceneen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliane View Post

You have good reasons. You seem to want seperate PvP and PvE players totally to they own servers. I would agree with you as I'm also belowing to in minority, but here is the my condition, do you accept it?

You server name is not PvP server, it's called Open PvP server. Also I get server what is called PvE only server. The 3th server type is leaved for dual player, those who truely loves both playing styles and want them to exist in same server. So:

- Open PvP server
- PvE only server
- Normal server

You agree with me?
No, that is not needed in my view actually.

The current server solution by Funcom is probably aimed to have one general server type. A 'base' server due to lack of better word, which is PVE in PVE zones in general and has got combat PVP happening in Agartha. That is what Funcom aimed at design wise from my take, at least the interviews and overviews indicate that so far. The factions living with a gentleman agreement, no open war above ground and fighting for Anima below in Agartha. Perhaps another server tagged 'RP preferred' or so, to indicate where role players could move to. But that is roughly the base they are thinking of I guess, closest to their game design.

As being a full term PVE role player myself I am quite fine with that, as I can ignore Agartha completely then and still could enjoy PVE in co-op play if allowed, or at least PVE without any disruptions or complications. There is no flag hindrance to complicate or even prevent grouping in PVE nor PVP zones then. Not sure if you would ask for a full fledged PVE server for yourself or if such a 'base' server would be alright for you. Opinions may differ certainly.

What the open world PVP players are asking for is either to change such a 'base' server type to allow for flagging or to have a separate server type with open PVP. With regards to that I am simply of the opinion that flagging will change the 'base' server type quite a bit (against the game design even among other things) and is therefore not the preferred solution across the board for me, but rather a new PVP server type then.

This is basically how Age of Conan is set up currently, PVE servers there have PVP opportunity in special zones only, PVP servers are open PVP everywhere except the main cities.

Ceneen

Quote:

You have good reasons. You seem to want seperate PvP and PvE players totally to they own servers. I would agree with you as I'm also belowing to in minority, but here is the my condition, do you accept it?

You server name is not PvP server, it's called Open PvP server. Also I get server what is called PvE only server. The 3th server type is leaved for dual player, those who truely loves both playing styles and want them to exist in same server. So:

- Open PvP server
- PvE only server
- Normal server

You agree with me?

The current server solution by Funcom is probably aimed to have one general server type. A 'base' server due to lack of better word, which is PVE in PVE zones in general and has got combat PVP happening in Agartha. That is what Funcom aimed at design wise from my take, at least the interviews and overviews indicate that so far. The factions living with a gentleman agreement, no open war above ground and fighting for Anima below in Agartha. Perhaps another server tagged 'RP preferred' or so, to indicate where role players could move to. But that is roughly the base they are thinking of I guess, closest to their game design.

As being a full term PVE role player myself I am quite fine with that, as I can ignore Agartha completely then and still could enjoy PVE in co-op play if allowed, or at least PVE without any disruptions or complications. There is no flag hindrance to complicate or even prevent grouping in PVE nor PVP zones then. Not sure if you would ask for a full fledged PVE server for yourself or if such a 'base' server would be alright for you. Opinions may differ certainly.

What the open world PVP players are asking for is either to change such a 'base' server type to allow for flagging or to have a separate server type with open PVP. With regards to that I am simply of the opinion that flagging will change the 'base' server type quite a bit (against the game design even among other things) and is therefore not the preferred solution across the board for me, but rather a new PVP server type then.

This is basically how Age of Conan is set up currently, PVE servers there have PVP opportunity in special zones only, PVP servers are open PVP everywhere except the main cities.

Ceneen

Quote:

- Open PvP server
- PvE only server
- Normal server

You agree with me?

Liliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceneen View Post

I just sayed those stuff, because it reflects the current server naming problem here.

The name PvP and PvE servers are missleading.

Because PvP server doesn't mean PvP server, it means open PvP server. what means unconsent PvP server.

PvE server doesn't mean PvE server, it means dual play server. What really means consent PvP/PvE server.

True PvE server is allways missing, because everyone allways think it's not needed. How ever, they are maybe right, but it creates naming problem. Also this anima collection from PvP side can cause major problems to true pure PvE players who doesn't belong cabals.

Naming servers to be PvP and PvE, you are loring players to PvP server even if they are really consent PvP players. Because PvE server isn't really PvE server. It's a choise between consept PvP and unconsept PvP. So, of course all open PvP players want they servers named PvP server, because if the servers real name would be Open PvP server they would less populated.

Liliane

Quote:

I just sayed those stuff, because it reflects the current server naming problem here.

Because PvP server doesn't mean PvP server, it means open PvP server. what means unconsent PvP server.

PvE server doesn't mean PvE server, it means dual play server. What really means consent PvP/PvE server.

True PvE server is allways missing, because everyone allways think it's not needed. How ever, they are maybe right, but it creates naming problem. Also this anima collection from PvP side can cause major problems to true pure PvE players who doesn't belong cabals.

Naming servers to be PvP and PvE, you are loring players to PvP server even if they are really consent PvP players. Because PvE server isn't really PvE server. It's a choise between consept PvP and unconsept PvP. So, of course all open PvP players want they servers named PvP server, because if the servers real name would be Open PvP server they would less populated.

Liliane

Quote:

Kendrick

There's no such thing as 'unconsented' PvP on a PvP server. You consent to PvP the second you log into that PvP server.
Kendric
Huldra
"What's next, giant spiders? Giant cockroaches?? FUCKING CIRCUS CLOWNS?"

Kendrick

There's no such thing as 'unconsented' PvP on a PvP server. You consent to PvP the second you log into that PvP server.
Kendric
Huldra

Kendrick

Kendric
Huldra

Amaran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PblVFtckF90

From this monkey we can learn several things.

1. You dont have to kill to call it PvP interaction(altough real PvP is much more fun)

2. Stealing/tagging/raising flag/empty the fridge in other factions bases can be considered PvP since its interaction between players.

3. Teasing noobs is fun