Dumez

i dont see anything incriminating about funcom there

Dumez

Yume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumez View Post
I wasn't trying to incriminate Funcom. I only pointed out that some MMOs are charging microtransactions on top of monthly fees and initial retail, so it's not a scary bedtime tale for MMO players. Whether Funcom will... who knows. /shrug Hence why Kendrick asked for clarification from Funcom.

Yume

Quote:
I wasn't trying to incriminate Funcom. I only pointed out that some MMOs are charging microtransactions on top of monthly fees and initial retail, so it's not a scary bedtime tale for MMO players. Whether Funcom will... who knows. /shrug Hence why Kendrick asked for clarification from Funcom.

Yume

Quote:

Archipelagos

Alas Yume, as wrong as it seems, business is business, and if some people are willing to pay for RMT on top of their subscriptions then that is more than enough justification for companies to implement it. At the end of the day it's about maximising profit, not about doing the right thing, and certainly not about being a charity. I have absolutely no idea what road Funcom will take with TSW but it will not be based on doing the right thing for us but on doing the right thing for the company.

Welcome to the future! It's the one we deserve.

/cookie for Yume

Archipelagos

Alas Yume, as wrong as it seems, business is business, and if some people are willing to pay for RMT on top of their subscriptions then that is more than enough justification for companies to implement it. At the end of the day it's about maximising profit, not about doing the right thing, and certainly not about being a charity. I have absolutely no idea what road Funcom will take with TSW but it will not be based on doing the right thing for us but on doing the right thing for the company.

/cookie for Yume

Archipelagos

/cookie for Yume

Yume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
/cookie for Yume
Thanks mate. nom nom nom oh crap, the chocolate chips are microtransactions?

Kinda funny how MMO business models are changing at the same time as free-to-air television and internet media. It'll be a whole new media world in 5 - 10 years time... and television and newspapers still won't be any better or reliable! At least we can play TSW by then to take our minds off the CCTV in our rooms.