Lybo

I think most of us assume there will be some kind of vehicles for transportation in this game rather then the long distance stuff like planes and trains. Cars, trucks and bikes all come to mind. If it's opening gateways for instantaneous travel I would be disapointed.

Now if these are included, I'm curious how they would be stored when not in use. Do they involve a significant investment of location and you need to remember where you parked your car? How about a valet follows you everywhere you go and parks your car for you? Or would you prefer to screw immersion for gameplay and just click on it to summon your harley ala WoW?

I'd also like to be able to run people over...but that might just be the morning traffic I deal with on my commute to work giving me ideas.

Fallen Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybo View Post
Now if these are included, I'm curious how they would be stored when not in use. Do they involve a significant investment of location and you need to remember where you parked your car? How about a valet follows you everywhere you go and parks your car for you? Or would you prefer to screw immersion for gameplay and just click on it to summon your harley ala WoW?
How I would handle it is that in cities and such your car is parked at a underground parking lot. You don't actually enter it fully, you go in and it asks if you want your vehicle. Also being said in urban environments you don't control the car, it is the same as using a bus, train, etc. but has you go from underground parking lot to underground parking lot. Travelling down highways is also automated, and when you get rural enough you take over.

In non-urban environments so where you are unlikely to run into other players often, in these locations your vehicle is simply left there (I could see one being able to place a GPS locator in it, and carry GPS yourself). However, for a cost you could have your vehicle picked up and brought back to a underground parking lot.

Fallen Seraph

Quote:
How I would handle it is that in cities and such your car is parked at a underground parking lot. You don't actually enter it fully, you go in and it asks if you want your vehicle. Also being said in urban environments you don't control the car, it is the same as using a bus, train, etc. but has you go from underground parking lot to underground parking lot. Travelling down highways is also automated, and when you get rural enough you take over.

In non-urban environments so where you are unlikely to run into other players often, in these locations your vehicle is simply left there (I could see one being able to place a GPS locator in it, and carry GPS yourself). However, for a cost you could have your vehicle picked up and brought back to a underground parking lot.

Fallen Seraph

Quote:

Yegga

Helicopters for urban and mid range out of CBD travel

Yegga

Yegga

Sirrush

Realistically speaking, the mounts would need to have some sort of location theme held intact - or it would spill into the unrealistic catagory in some cities. I could see motorcycles, camels, horses, small ATV, cycles of sorts, and some ability to use mass-transit in appropriate areas. Might make sense to have porting abililtes as a type of learned skill.

Sirrush

Realistically speaking, the mounts would need to have some sort of location theme held intact - or it would spill into the unrealistic catagory in some cities. I could see motorcycles, camels, horses, small ATV, cycles of sorts, and some ability to use mass-transit in appropriate areas. Might make sense to have porting abililtes as a type of learned skill.

Sirrush