Ceneen

Well, on RP ground it will happen and cannot be prevented, no matter if the character actually possesses the power to do so game play wise or not. There will be 'evil' Templar, like every community got their crop of 'evil' / 'good' people.

A Templar cabal who uses dark magic to destroy evil I can see definitely working. It is controversial certainly, but the cabal might think along the line 'it gets the job effectively done'. This would be questioned by many, Templar or not, but it is how quite a few people think and it actually enriches the environment in my view.

For your take, I'd then concentrate on cabal level really, to only join a cabal who doesn't allow any forms of dwelling into 'darker arts'.

Ceneen

Well, on RP ground it will happen and cannot be prevented, no matter if the character actually possesses the power to do so game play wise or not. There will be 'evil' Templar, like every community got their crop of 'evil' / 'good' people.

A Templar cabal who uses dark magic to destroy evil I can see definitely working. It is controversial certainly, but the cabal might think along the line 'it gets the job effectively done'. This would be questioned by many, Templar or not, but it is how quite a few people think and it actually enriches the environment in my view.

For your take, I'd then concentrate on cabal level really, to only join a cabal who doesn't allow any forms of dwelling into 'darker arts'.

Liliane

I have no plan to join any cabals, don't like cabals at all. TSW is faction mmorpg, so only factions has meaning for me. As for RP. I'm fine with someone RPing evil in any faction, I'm not fine with game supporting Templars to do evil actions. As this is pet thread, meaning is summoning evil pets.

Liliane

I have no plan to join any cabals, don't like cabals at all. TSW is faction mmorpg, so only factions has meaning for me. As for RP. I'm fine with someone RPing evil in any faction, I'm not fine with game supporting Templars to do evil actions. As this is pet thread, meaning is summoning evil pets.

Liliane

Ceneen

Both would be at the discretion of the player/character though, RPed or actually by game play means. You are fine with one, but the other is not? It sounds a bit like 'closing the eyes and pretending it is not there'.

I do not see a need to adjust skills heavily on faction basis. If for example a demon can be summoned, then it might be an Illuminati, Dragon or Templar doing that. A restriction on that would be quite 'artificial', as the means to summon such entities (if the game allows that at all), could be learned by anyone. Just imagine an original Illuminati character who infiltrated the Templar even.

To leave it at the discretion of the player, whether it fits their character or not, would be my preferred choice most definitely.

Ceneen

Both would be at the discretion of the player/character though, RPed or actually by game play means. You are fine with one, but the other is not? It sounds a bit like 'closing the eyes and pretending it is not there'.

I do not see a need to adjust skills heavily on faction basis. If for example a demon can be summoned, then it might be an Illuminati, Dragon or Templar doing that. A restriction on that would be quite 'artificial', as the means to summon such entities (if the game allows that at all), could be learned by anyone. Just imagine an original Illuminati character who infiltrated the Templar even.

To leave it at the discretion of the player, whether it fits their character or not, would be my preferred choice most definitely.

Ceneen

Liliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceneen View Post
it's about visuality. RPers just says I summon demon, but if it's allowed as part of gameplay, then it happens also as visually. Also there is very few RPers in mmorpgs compared to other player base. So, it's also about rareness.

Quote:
I understand that, because more choises is usually nice. How ever, I don't accept freedom when it's agaist theme or at least theme what I see. Real life like character fighting agaist evil, not as been evil.

Of couse if game developers see's that all factions characters can be evil too, then just say so. I can allways look some other mmorpg, because if theme doesn't mean anything, then I don't care about the game. This is maybe little hard way to say it, but there is only three thing what I like this game. Theme, faction gameplay and skill system. If player character can be evil in Templar faction, then is spoils my theme and faction gameplay.

Liliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceneen View Post
it's about visuality. RPers just says I summon demon, but if it's allowed as part of gameplay, then it happens also as visually. Also there is very few RPers in mmorpgs compared to other player base. So, it's also about rareness.

Quote:
I understand that, because more choises is usually nice. How ever, I don't accept freedom when it's agaist theme or at least theme what I see. Real life like character fighting agaist evil, not as been evil.

Of couse if game developers see's that all factions characters can be evil too, then just say so. I can allways look some other mmorpg, because if theme doesn't mean anything, then I don't care about the game. This is maybe little hard way to say it, but there is only three thing what I like this game. Theme, faction gameplay and skill system. If player character can be evil in Templar faction, then is spoils my theme and faction gameplay.