Kendrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylan Laes View Post
Note that some of us consider videos that show off the setting more demonstrative of the game than those that show off mechanics. People play games, especially MMOs, for wildly different reasons, I think you'll find.
Sure, and that's all fine and dandy, but if the gameplay isn't up to snuff then it kind of makes the rest null and void. Otherwise you (not you specifically, but generally speaking) may as well just create an RP forum and let people go to town.

Gameplay encompasses alot of different things, to be sure. But story and other fluff gets people interested. Gameplay keeps them there.
Kendric
Huldra
"What's next, giant spiders? Giant cockroaches?? FUCKING CIRCUS CLOWNS?"

Kendrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylan Laes View Post
Note that some of us consider videos that show off the setting more demonstrative of the game than those that show off mechanics. People play games, especially MMOs, for wildly different reasons, I think you'll find.
Sure, and that's all fine and dandy, but if the gameplay isn't up to snuff then it kind of makes the rest null and void. Otherwise you (not you specifically, but generally speaking) may as well just create an RP forum and let people go to town.

Gameplay encompasses alot of different things, to be sure. But story and other fluff gets people interested. Gameplay keeps them there.
Kendric
Huldra
"What's next, giant spiders? Giant cockroaches?? FUCKING CIRCUS CLOWNS?"

Zeiden

Aside my curiousity to learn something about the game mechanic, like how will the combat system work etc.

I was also looking forward to see the 3rd cinematic trailer for illuminati.

Zeiden

Aside my curiousity to learn something about the game mechanic, like how will the combat system work etc.

Zeiden

Homogenizer

Just thought I would throw this out there but has anyone looked at this site http://www.shtuff.com was curious about the word used in the Kingsmouth literature and found this random site.

Homogenizer

Just thought I would throw this out there but has anyone looked at this site http://www.shtuff.com was curious about the word used in the Kingsmouth literature and found this random site.

Homogenizer

anaberration

Quote:
Originally Posted by HASENFANG View Post
That's great, but let's now stick with favoritism or redundancy. We've seen setting, let's move on to actual gameworks. Not really mechanics, per say, but something more on these lines:

X: I want to be a cook.
Y: Oh, I'm sorry, no cooking skills.
X: Well now, I'll have to revamp my entire plans for the game. Instead, I'll be a dog breeder.
Y: Oh, I'm sorry, we don't do dog breeders either.
X: Ok, well, I'll be a RAGING VAMPIRE SLAYER! WIth ripped muscles and tattoos and I'll carry a sword and I'll look like everybody else in the game! Actually, maybe I'll have blue hair.
Y: Sorry, no crazy colored hair in the game...

Of course, those ideas of who I want to be are cheesy examples, but it's just to prove a point. What I'm looking for is info on the game that explains a little more on what player creation and actions are about, so I can sort of get hyped up in figuring out what sort of character I wish to create. I could care less about zombies and what the town looks like. I sort of got the gist of that from the beginning. What I want to see is actual player info on what abilities are offered to what we can do. Something a little more than "You can have a flaming sword and use voodoo dolls".
Well said ! /Ditto

anaberration

Quote:
Originally Posted by HASENFANG View Post
That's great, but let's now stick with favoritism or redundancy. We've seen setting, let's move on to actual gameworks. Not really mechanics, per say, but something more on these lines:

X: I want to be a cook.
Y: Oh, I'm sorry, no cooking skills.
X: Well now, I'll have to revamp my entire plans for the game. Instead, I'll be a dog breeder.
Y: Oh, I'm sorry, we don't do dog breeders either.
X: Ok, well, I'll be a RAGING VAMPIRE SLAYER! WIth ripped muscles and tattoos and I'll carry a sword and I'll look like everybody else in the game! Actually, maybe I'll have blue hair.
Y: Sorry, no crazy colored hair in the game...

Of course, those ideas of who I want to be are cheesy examples, but it's just to prove a point. What I'm looking for is info on the game that explains a little more on what player creation and actions are about, so I can sort of get hyped up in figuring out what sort of character I wish to create. I could care less about zombies and what the town looks like. I sort of got the gist of that from the beginning. What I want to see is actual player info on what abilities are offered to what we can do. Something a little more than "You can have a flaming sword and use voodoo dolls".
Well said ! /Ditto