Maven

Player Ab Initio

I'm not sure... but I don't believe the OP was focusing on Kingsmouth vendors only.

It is my personal guess that vendors will be very similar to those found in most MMOs. Easy to find vendors in the city centers.... while there are a few random vendors in the more dangerous / rural areas trying to make a buck.
Maven
Volunteer Moderator
Follow me on Twitter
[contact me] - [contact Funcom]

Maven

Player Ab Initio

I'm not sure... but I don't believe the OP was focusing on Kingsmouth vendors only.

It is my personal guess that vendors will be very similar to those found in most MMOs. Easy to find vendors in the city centers.... while there are a few random vendors in the more dangerous / rural areas trying to make a buck.
Maven
Volunteer Moderator
Follow me on Twitter
[contact me] - [contact Funcom]

Sammichio

I figure there's some sort of barricaded building or something where all of the NPCs and traders are. After a day's worth of zombie killing you could go back there and rest or something, then buy what you need. Like Pop-Tarts. The currency will probably be dollars. Cheap dollars, but dollars nonetheless.

That's all in Kingsmouth, at least.

Sammichio

I figure there's some sort of barricaded building or something where all of the NPCs and traders are. After a day's worth of zombie killing you could go back there and rest or something, then buy what you need. Like Pop-Tarts. The currency will probably be dollars. Cheap dollars, but dollars nonetheless.

Sammichio

Rayala

I'm getting the sense that everything worth buying to help us in the fight against darkness is probably going to be bought within templar/dragon/illuminati headquarters, or at verrry specialized occult stores that only the enlightened (ie, all the players) know about.

Mundane things you can buy in the normal world wouldn't, I imagine, be things that we would be buying for our characters. (or if we did, it would be more of a roleplaying aspect- you can get a lobster from the Lobster Shack, but its not going to do anything in particular)

Also- and someone please tell me if I'm wrong- the currency in game is going to be the stuff found in hollow earth, rather than regular money.

But inside your cabal or your faction's headquarters, I'd imagine we'll see vendors of some sort. It would require some creative thinking to not have vendors, if you define a vendor as an npc who sells things to you.

Rayala

I'm getting the sense that everything worth buying to help us in the fight against darkness is probably going to be bought within templar/dragon/illuminati headquarters, or at verrry specialized occult stores that only the enlightened (ie, all the players) know about.

Mundane things you can buy in the normal world wouldn't, I imagine, be things that we would be buying for our characters. (or if we did, it would be more of a roleplaying aspect- you can get a lobster from the Lobster Shack, but its not going to do anything in particular)

Also- and someone please tell me if I'm wrong- the currency in game is going to be the stuff found in hollow earth, rather than regular money.

But inside your cabal or your faction's headquarters, I'd imagine we'll see vendors of some sort. It would require some creative thinking to not have vendors, if you define a vendor as an npc who sells things to you.

Rayala

Sammichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayala View Post

It really depends on what items there are in the game. Food like Lobster might end up being a healing item. There could also be gun stores, or clothing stores. While I'm sure each society has their own vendors, I doubt those will be the only vendors we could go to. Maybe they'll be for more "specialized" items.

Sammichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayala View Post

It really depends on what items there are in the game. Food like Lobster might end up being a healing item. There could also be gun stores, or clothing stores. While I'm sure each society has their own vendors, I doubt those will be the only vendors we could go to. Maybe they'll be for more "specialized" items.