Who are You in The Secret World?Well we have been speculating and discussing a lot of different points about the game so far, but how about we delve into something more personal then the world we shall play in. What will your character be like; will you be a rough-and-tough explorer, a quick-tongued socialite or a secretive mystic?
No matter what we know and don't know about the game, from what your mind's eye views the game/wishes the game to be like, what is your character of that world?
To start off here is my character-idea so far (updated from old character concept from 2007 to the concept for now from 2009):
Ethnic Background: Chinese-American
- Build: Light, and Athletic
- Hair: Various layers, razored tips, choppy cuts and just messy hair falls down to a mix of chin and shoulder length.
- Hair Colour: Normally Black is currently Dyed Purple.
- Eye Colour: Green
- Skin Colour: Pale
- Distinguishing Features: Both ears have various piercings across the length of the ear. She has a full sleeve tattoo going from her shoulder blades to her wrist on her right arm. It is done up to be a combination of bizarre geometric designs, ancient and possibly false languages, the Danse Macabre, as well as the bones of her hand, and just wild designs. Mainly consisting of cool tones for colours.
- Clothing: She always tends to wear no matter the circumstances her worn combat boots, with a slight heel to them (2 inches). Tucked into them is a pair of black cargo pants, various places it is sewn up, and duck-tapped; some seem deliberate other accidental patches. A light sleeveless shirt covers her chest, but lets her tattoos remain visible to all. She will occasionally wear a bomber jacket. Various trinkets cover her wrists and throat (along with a collar), they are of every manner thinkable, some contain eldritch energy others tourist gifts. Always has a pair of headphones around her neck, attached to a MP3-player.
Different clothing will also be worn situation appropriate. Heavy fur lined coats and pants would accompany her in the depths of winter. A ballistic mask (painted with a Calaca skull motif upon it), various knee and elbow pads for combat situations. A pair of goggles and a respirator (once more painted with a skull motif) is commonly worn around her neck when she is unsure of what she faces ahead.
Weapons and Gear/Equipment: A patched together backpack that is chock full of various bits and bombs, trinkets and relics. Her laptop, PDA/Cellphone, and notebook. She carries on her at all times a Glock 18 and KM2000 combat knife. When she knows things will be tough however, a HK69 grenade launcher and AK-105 assault rifle is not far from her hands.
Supernatural Abilities: Anything and everything, Xi's passion more then anything else is the pursuit of the ends of the earth, to see, hear and know everything in life. As such she picks up whatever supernatural knowledge she can get her hands on. She may not specialise always jumping to the next but you can bet she will know what something is.
Interests and Goals: Xi's goals are simple, to have the ability to live life to its fullest and to see everything, experience everything before whatever takes her in the end. She pursues that with a vigour paying special attention to those with, "cred" those individuals that events seem to spiral around. It is common to have Xi play a role even a insignificant one in events that transpire.
Why Illuminati? She grew up in New York City and so it was naturally the Society she would have run into the soonest, but shares many traits that she finds attractive. The freedom to pursue one's own goals, that one can gain power, gain their own control in the Illuminati. That knowledge her greatest pursuit is taken with a serious eye.
Background: Xi lived a hard life prior to joining the Illuminati. She was one of numerous youths living in shelters across New York. She learnt soon on that you lived life hard and fast when you can; inbetween shelters, inbetween foster homes, inbetween anywhere you have control.
Even here the supernatural touched her, spreading throughout the States in the endless cycle of children going from one shelter to another where the whispers and legends; demons, spirits and more haunted their dreams alongside the all too real drug users and gang members.
Xi soon found herself being dragged into crime and the legends didn't stop. Deeper and deeper into the criminal underworld of New York she was dragged, into the secrets of New York. She soon found herself selling drugs for ancient tomes in unknown languages, or sorting the cargo of drug mulls finding trinkets and bone ash instead of drugs. This was where she met the Illuminati, a raid had been carried out and she survived the display of firepower and shocking efficiency. She was strong and so she now knew the truth, and so she brought into the Illuminati.
Her experiences have shaped her, she has seen the depths she has fallen, where no control of her own lies. She has yet to experience life, and know even more of the world has been revealed. She has a chance to live again, and does so with excitement and glee, only her could smile and squeal at the chance to face ghastly horrors for the chance to simply have that experience. But her past still lies there, a memory of no control, which she will fight to never face again.
The homeless children telling stories is based off fact, from this news article: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1997-06...hs-over-miami/