Probitas

DefaultWhat emotes DON'T you want to see in TSW?

I saw the thread about what emotes people wanted, and thought, there should be one for people to post what emotes they don't want to see in TSW.

So if there's an animation that someone did to you when he pwned you or something that you think is best left off line, chime in. I'm sure we all have at least one we don't want.

Mine is the pissing emote, ala AoC. I just don't think that's appropriate, mainly because it's so offensive. I understand people wanting to fire off a win emote like Unreal Tourney, but Unreal Tourney didn't have that emote, for good reasons.

Kakpaj

I think the spit emote in wow was really unessecary. It could only serve the purpose of creating bad feelings, and that is... well bad.

And what's up with a piss emote, I really agree with you that it should not be in any game. At least not if it can be used on someone.

yasutora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakpaj View Post
I think the spit emote in wow was really unessecary. It could only serve the purpose of creating bad feelings, and that is... well bad.

And what's up with a piss emote, I really agree with you that it should not be in any game. At least not if it can be used on someone.
You beat me to it. I actually do rated pvp in WoW, and people still find the time to /spit on you. It's useless and insulting.

Though okay, I admit it'd be funny for a /fart emote. My priorities are skewed.
Arcadia- Kate "Estheim" Watkins

PlatinumC

Crouching, so no artards would t-bag me, after i get pwned on pvp =).

captenmrbossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumC View Post
Crouching, so no artards would t-bag me, after i get pwned on pvp =).
not sure if crouching would be an emote rather then an evasive move but i dont want the middle finger being thrown up, that'll just cuz somebody to follow you until you die... by their hand..... 3 times.......IN A ROW

DeeMarie

/spit

Terrible emote.

Danielivicus

I'm not defending it but...

You want to wage a war on the ultimate evil, but enforce that everyone do it politely?

Sorry but this is a very grown up game and I expect them to do a scotch war cry (where they get their dicks out and show off before battle). I personally will never use said emote, I feel that for immersion purposes you have to allow people to be arseholes, because you get arseholes in real life.

Now you can begin the 'takes one to know one' posts:
Crack the Leopold Code

Prove you deserve to be amongst the enlightened

Mara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielivicus View Post
I'm not defending it but...

You want to wage a war on the ultimate evil, but enforce that everyone do it politely?

Sorry but this is a very grown up game and I expect them to do a scotch war cry (where they get their dicks out and show off before battle). I personally will never use said emote, I feel that for immersion purposes you have to allow people to be arseholes, because you get arseholes in real life.

Now you can begin the 'takes one to know one' posts:
I'm fine with a scotch war cry emote, as long as there's a point and giggle emote to counter it.

Actually, though, I'd be fine if the obvious rude emotes were left out. Spit and middle finger aren't necessary, we can talk cross faction, right? I'm perfectly capable of being insulting without emotes.

PlatinumC

There's nothing more in the world I like more than "mature" MMO's without stupid censoring and such, but that doesn't mean that we need to have some idiotic emotes, which I'm fairly certain FC is not planning to add anyway :P.
And I would not mind some occasional emote pointed at me, but you know there are idiots, who will keep spamming it and annoying the sh*t out of you (of course without emotes they would do it in chat, so I guess it does not matter in the end lol).

deathwish

so many LQ threads *cries*