JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrinjelo View Post
So...wait...the dome is now in St. Louis?
Focus people! FOCUS!
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

Alexander Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrand View Post
Focus people! FOCUS!
That's why some rp's start out in a set location. A clear threat is given that the "dungeon master/rp host" rp's as or controls.
The rp host should detail the setting as you have but also the enviroment which we rp in.
I haven't rp in awhile and when I did it was fairly fast paced enough to the point that you were trying to descript your moves and post it before another person posted their's. Fun times, sometimes you'ld descript a good move only to be beaten tp the punch. We had to come up with a set of rules to prevent arguing.

One was after having posted your "move" you would have to wait until another person had posted something in response before you could post again.

Rolling dice or flipping coins helped determine wether you were capable of dodging/deflecting/countering an attack or getting hit. If you were to say counterattack though you should have the descriptive qualities to make it a good read at the least. No "before you pull out your weapon I cut off your head."

JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Cross View Post
That's why some rp's start out in a set location. A clear threat is given that the "dungeon master/rp host" rp's as or controls.
The rp host should detail the setting as you have but also the enviroment which we rp in.
I haven't rp in awhile and when I did it was fairly fast paced enough to the point that you were trying to descript your moves and post it before another person posted their's. Fun times, sometimes you'ld descript a good move only to be beaten tp the punch. We had to come up with a set of rules to prevent arguing.

One was after having posted your "move" you would have to wait until another person had posted something in response before you could post again.

Rolling dice or flipping coins helped determine wether you were capable of dodging/deflecting/countering an attack or getting hit. If you were to say counterattack though you should have the descriptive qualities to make it a good read at the least. No "before you pull out your weapon I cut off your head."
Yah, we kinda know how a normal RP goes...this wasn't meant to be it.

Otherwise good sound input
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

Alexander Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrand View Post
Yah, we kinda know how a normal RP goes...this wasn't meant to be it.

Otherwise good sound input
I don't even know what a normal rp goes I kinda just stumbled into a forum rp.

Mr.Dynogamer

Sorry for my lack of posts or my short posts it's just that I has to deal with moving and all the stuff that needs to be taken care of before hand.

Casey Thorton

So what time is it exactly. I get it is more of a solo/duo RP thread, but I can't really say its "morning" in New York if others are still saying it's "night". We're not on opposite sides of the globe after all.

Alexander Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Thorton View Post
So what time is it exactly. I get it is more of a solo/duo RP thread, but I can't really say its "morning" in New York if others are still saying it's "night". We're not on opposite sides of the globe after all.
That's something the rp host should decide.

orrinjelo

Up to now, I've been doing my own time until I can meet up with another RPer.

Kima Wolf

DefaultZoe Daeshanu

-Basic information-

Name: Zoe Daeshanu

Faction: Templar

Physical Description:

Clothing: Zoe generally wears simple clothing like blue jeans and t-shirts unless she is performing, in which case she can be found in dramatic, exquisite gowns. When doing work, she will wear the Templar uniform or something dark colored to keep her concealed.

-Personal information-

Interests: She loves to sing and act. And even though she herself is a Opera singer she loves to listen to hip hop. She also loves to rock climb on her down time. It keeps her in shape. She has been known to be a bit of a gambler though, and has been reported to owe several powerful people thousands of dollars in debt.

Goals/Philosophy: Her goals are simple, she was blessed with “the voice” and as such, she does her best to spread the word. She also believes the job of the strong is to protect the weak, no matter how its done, even if it requires underhanded techniques.

Personality: Zoe is a calm, cool woman, who always seems to be in control. She never panics, and as such can come off as cold and calculating at times. When performing she has been described as a diva by some.

Residence: A apartment in New York and a residence in Rio as well as a flat in London.

Known Relatives: Her father, Ash and Mother Jaime, both Templars and retired.

-Combat Information-

Skills: She is a grifter, and although frowned upon, she still goes out to practice her skills in dangerous areas. She is also a known occult researcher and loves to analyze and observe, much to the dismay of her Templar brethren.

Fighting Style: She has none. She is no fighter and as such only has the basic templar self defense techniques required of all templar agents.

Choice Weapons/Equipment: She keeps a high voltage taser on her at all times, and a small knife that is coated in poison which she keeps in a small tube of lipstick. She also keeps a silver cross, which she uses to focus her voice.

Special Abilities: She has what some call “The Voice.” When she sings, it can soothe the savage and beastly, comfort and slowly heal the sick and injured, and hurt, even kill the demonic and evil, or those with intent to harm her. It is broken down into 5 different techniques.

Bard tongue: Ability to heal her allies slowly, or soothe the savage. It usually is a soft, soothing sound, almost haunting as it echoes and reverberates in almost any environment.

Troubadour: A more dark and foreboding sound. It's been known to inspire fear in the weak of heart and soul, to cause extreme discomfort and pain to those with intent to harm.

Celestial: the voice sounds ethereal and other worldly, it can repel and hurt demonic entities and creatures from the abyss, causing them to writhe in pain. It has no effect on humans unless they are under demonic influence.

The Guardian: A steadfast song which resonates out as a barrier and sounds like an old Celtic hymn, from personal to up to 10 feet in diameter under normal circumstances. It can be broken and is not insurmountable. It also requires stamina, and each strike to the barrier takes a toll from her, weakening her.

Siren: A rare voice which takes a drastic toll on her, it allows her to attempt to influence and control ones actions, causing them to act as she wishes. It does not affect those high of will or with extreme determination.

(Note, in RP its up to you to decide your character's reactions, I will never decide it for you.)

Weaknesses: She is human for the most part, and although her powers have slowed her aging, they do not provide any added benefit like super strength or stamina. So like any human, she can die quite easily. She also is no fighter, or real agile. She has a bit of a gambling issue as well, and has been known to be a heavy drinking.

After the Fall

The fall of the world hit Zoe Hard.

She watched as her parents struggled in vein with the rest of the Templars to protect the world from the sleeping darkness which over ran it. She actually was performing at a show when the fall happened, and due to her own unique abilities did not notice what was going on until she got word from a comrade. Suddenly the concert hall's lights went out and the growls and roars of creatures of the dark encroached. She fought valiantly with her templar allies to help get civilians out of the hall, to shelters, her voice going non stop, repelling, harming, even killing the invaders. But it would not be enough. She and her small team were eventually overran and she watched as slowly, one by one the agents fell to the monsters until she was all that was left. She fled as the more powerful creatures broke through her songs, leaving destruction in its wake.

Now, 20 years later, she is a jaded woman who travels whats left of the world, bringing help to those who do not have it as she looks for the root cause of the disaster, hoping to bring it to an end. She is currently on sabbatical in New York, unaware of what the Templars are and have truly become...

(Example of a celestial song she'd sing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZ8f...eature=related

Desanion

Welcome to the RP