Lità

It's already a big mess. Mainly 3 people are pushing it in some directions they want too, and I try to keep up.
Mainly I follow Jack's part, but well, I am already getting a bit tired of everyone trying to be a hero, god etc

JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lità View Post
It's already a big mess. Mainly 3 people are pushing it in some directions they want too, and I try to keep up.
Mainly I follow Jack's part, but well, I am already getting a bit tired of everyone trying to be a hero, god etc
You could always abandon ship and make a little hermit's hut in the mountains. Living a simple life of drawing mountain lions and ants for a living?
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
â–²Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVPâ–²

JohnyCyanide

Ya it's not proceeding as cleanly as I would have liked.

Mr.Dynogamer

Yes Jay Sarah is lesbian, does this matter? No. Aand actually I'm writing the name based on my friend Daniel who actually spells her name like that, I thought it was kinda weird to. lol

Also no the bird smashing the dragon to bits was not something we worked out. Currently I want to tell a story on the people of the town, just here's a bit of how life is working for those unfortunate, or fortunate enough not to be in a society ruled location with some problems.

I'm not trying to paint this to make Alice a big hero, I just want to see if I can intersect this little moment in the history with Johney's story. Theirs no hero's here just people and I'm not planning to keep us here long, just enough to allow others to adjust their characters and that is all.

JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dynogamer View Post
Yes Jay Sarah is lesbian, does this matter? No. Aand actually I'm writing the name based on my friend Daniel who actually spells her name like that, I thought it was kinda weird to. lol

Also no the bird smashing the dragon to bits was not something we worked out. Currently I want to tell a story on the people of the town, just here's a bit of how life is working for those unfortunate, or fortunate enough not to be in a society ruled location with some problems.

First of all why sound defensive? ("Yes Jay Sarah is lesbian, does this matter? No.") I just asked to make sure I'd read it right and she was asking about a woman and it wasn't just a typo that you'd written her instead of him. Why on earth would it matter to me if she is lesbian or not?

And thanks for explaining the name thing. It never seizes to surprise me how people all over the world have a need for their kids to be special and therefore refuse to follow established standards on how to spell a name.
I bet her parents even pronounce it Danielle. Things like that give me ticks. Not so much the names, but the fact that they demand their kids name to be written one way, but pronounced another. Causing their kids to have to spell their names out for the rest of their life.

***Rant over. Thank you internet for being the toilet of my thoughts***

And I think the town-side-quest was a good idea for calm character interaction, but you just approached it wrong I think. The locking of the car and approach of armed men doesn't really set the scene for a good talk. And it didn't seem like the rest of your party's characters were interested in going there seeing that Johny said they wouldn't visit the town...just saying it could have been approached more "elegantly". No harm meant.

P.S. I just watched TV and there apparently is a new form of anxiety/angst/fobia these days: Angst of Social Media. (the fear of being misunderstood or saying something stupid on f.eks. facebook).

When I didn't think we as a race could sink much lower...

**Damnit...that second rant snuck up me. Sorry**

Mr.Dynogamer

Sorry if I came off as defensive just I've seen alot of dignified people over the internet suddenly become trolls at the thought of a lesbian character in the story and assume I'm only doing it for fanservice I wrote in that she's lesbian because it felt like a good dynamic. Oh and Johney or Lita, or even Desa feel free to have your characters talk to her like a child if you want since by the time of the fall shes only 23.

Also I wasnt entirely sure how to start off the side-story, some ideas were that they would get pulled into a sorta war with a neighboring town, others had them actually in san fransisco, ultimatly I went with her activating the car locks via remote when she looked through a pair of binoculars expecting to see her girlfriend and instead saw 2 random girls, a half monster, and a man followed by a bird. She is the towns main defence as she's one of few mages in the town and the only one with combat magics. So she rallied the troops and in a rage went for the car assuming the worst.

JayBrand

NP, Dyno. No harm done.

But why does she have a remote control for the car? Just seemed a unnatural and way to "convenient" if you understand?

The "simplest" approach to a situation isn't usually the most common or the most likely one.

p.S. 23 years old shouldn't qualify for being talked to as a child :P

And to all: How long after WD-40 is this again? I completely forgot the time-laps when writing about Cain. /slapsface

Mr.Dynogamer

My understanding was that its been 20 years.

JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dynogamer View Post
My understanding was that its been 20 years.
Holy crap that changes a lot. 2-5 years not so bad, but 20? It would make him 38...I don't think the "punk" style would look very good on him anymore...*snicker*

and Jay would be...50+...

...I'm gonna need to sit down and ponder on this...

Mr.Dynogamer

Also she is incharge of the towns defences so any vehicles that can be outfitted with a remote lock to keep them from being stolen will be and she will have a remote for them.