Munchlord

"In time is the magic word, isn't it?" Naiem nodded "Don't worry about that, it took me a season before I could sleep easy near my former companion, I understand." he sounded a bit sad mentioning his former companion, but nothing major.

"I presume the nature of those jobs is filed under 'none of my damn business' as well." He took on a lightly joking tone as he changed the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Funny, last I heard, subtlety and patience used to be major in the Dragon MO, but that may have been someone else's department." he didn't sound like he found it funny. Actually, he didn't sound like he found it anything at all. "Regardless, if distraction is your purpose, subtle is not too important as long as you know how to keep your mouth shut."

He reached into his pocket and took out his phone again. "In other news, there was one bystander who looked calm and collected enough, and focused enough, that she might be able to describe us accurately, which is probably more than can be said for the rest of the bystanders." he flipped through something on his phone "She is a former member of a secret society too" the data lists on the phone were reduced to the most basic info and a picture, designed more to help direct his memory to what he remembered or where it could be found than to be a complete listing of all relevant information. "She was a Dragon before the collapse, though if memory serves, her approach seems incompatible with the Dragon in their current form." he held it up to show the picture. "Lilja Isólfsdottir. 50 years of age but no signs of physical aging. Aside from clothing and possibly expression, she looks almost exactly like the picture. Icelandic. 1.95m tall. Needless to say, finding her could very well be a good idea."

He returned the phone to his pocket and walked over to pick up his things. "Now if you'll excuse me, I will go change. The suit stands out and far too many people saw me."

He came back a few minutes later wearing a dark blue-green hoodie with a western-fantasy type dragon motif on the front as well as loose, worn jeans, presumably held up by a belt. The hoodie had a front pocket with something in it, possibly his phone.

Lità

DefaultLilja

Lilja walked silently between the buildings of what had once been a great city. It was probably still seen as a great city for most, even if it was no reduced a lot from its former glory. It was after all still a functioning city, and that was something one couldn’t say about too many others. As she walked passed an old store window she caught a glimpse of her own reflection, it was strange to not age. She still looked the same as how she had looked the day when all this happened and she embraced both sides of her nature.

She just smiled as she walked on, she knew no one that knew her from that day either way, so for her it really didn’t matter if people still thought she was in her early thirties. When she died, she would be like them, so she planned to stay alive for as long as she could. As she turned into a small side road, she stopped and looked around. Her prey was close, and she prepared herself for the battle that would come.

“Come out come out, wherever you are.. “

She rounded the final corner, ready for pretty much everything, but to her surprise there was nothing but a child three. It was not what she expected, at least for the first 30 seconds until the “child” turned around and put deep black eyes in her, a smile filled with serrated teeth, and within second bursting out of its “skin”.

“Another one of you, really?”

Shape shifters, she hated shape shifters, they were dammed near impossible to keep up with if they ran into people. So she did the first spell quickly, runes forming on the ground around them, locking the monster in with her, and keeping everyone else out. As the monster touched the barrier it flinched, deep dark magic making very sure he was not tempted to do it again. Angry eyes focusing on the female that had cornered it.

“Lets dance.”

JayBrand

DefaultVarg 'Badger' Sande - Aili's compadre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlord View Post
"In time is the magic word, isn't it?" Naiem nodded "Don't worry about that, it took me a season before I could sleep easy near my former companion, I understand." he sounded a bit sad mentioning his former companion, but nothing major.

"I presume the nature of those jobs is filed under 'none of my damn business' as well." He took on a lightly joking tone as he changed the subject.

"Oh, yes. Quite distinctly in that department, heh. Some of us still have employers you know." His tone was mocking, but in a playful tone.

Varg wanted to ask about Naiem's former companion, but the obvious topic change told him now probably wasn't the time.

"So you heading somewhere specific or just roaming the area?"
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
â–²Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVPâ–²

Munchlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrand View Post
"Oh, yes. Quite distinctly in that department, heh. Some of us still have employers you know." His tone was mocking, but in a playful tone.

Varg wanted to ask about Naiem's former companion, but the obvious topic change told him now probably wasn't the time.

"So you heading somewhere specific or just roaming the area?"
"Just roaming. There isn't much in terms of specific places to go, since most people are nomadic and most settlements don't endure more than a year or two before people leave or a large mob of Ravers or monsters come by. I've been somewhat of a combination between a scavenger and a travelling merchant the last few years, bartering what I find when I find someone to do it with."

Cain Sephyr

Quote:
"Funny, last I heard, subtlety and patience used to be major in the Dragon MO, but that may have been someone else's department. Regardless, if distraction is your purpose, subtle is not too important as long as you know how to keep your mouth shut."
"Hehe, yeah I never really landed in that department, much to the annoyance of my elders. Chaos is what they wanted - chaos is what they got. I never got why they made so much fuzz over it."

Cain, or Havoc as he had named himself for now, shook his head and sat down at the bar waiting for a drink to be served. What's the point of a bar if not to drink?

The suited man mentioned a woman he had noticed, a Dragon presumably.
"Lilja? Can't say it rings any bells..." He looked at the photo.
"And I know I would have remembered a face like that. She might be interested in joining us. Did you see where she went? "

JayBrand

"Yeah, I know how that is. Feels like most of the faction members we've encountered find themselves pretty lost. I hope the faction leaders step up and try to recreate some semblance of order again. Soldiers are usually just a problem when left without a commander. How long will it be before people like us start taking instead of trading, eh?
Something needs to be done.
"

Munchlord

Naiem: "I wouldn't expect too much out of the Dragon leader if I were you. As far as I could see, he's convinced that chaos and balance equals madness, and the Illuminati seems to be happy hiding in their dome as far as I can tell. Can't say I don't understand their motives but..." he trailed off, not really knowing how to explain it, or wanting to for that matter. "The faction that seems to be doing most is the Templars, but from what I've heard so far, I'm lucky not to have had much to do with them so far. Personally, I think we need to look elsewhere. A few of the leaders of the groups that do survive for more than a few years seem to have some potential, given time and resources."

JohnyCyanide

Jacob nodded and began to work his way behind the bar. "There once was a dragon in new York. Who though the Templar were the animals that go inti pork. I got him in my bar. But I don't think he'll get far. As the Templars intend to kill him with a fork." Jacob laughed as he pulled down the green bottle again. Quickly he began to fill a glass. "Not my best work but not bad for improve. That will be two rounds or five bucks." Jacob added leaving his hand on top of the now full glass.

Munchlord

Arcath left a 5$ note on the counter and walked towards the exit. "I will go looking for Ms. Isólfsdottir"

With that, he walked out the door.

JayBrand

Quote:
Naiem: "I wouldn't expect too much out of the Dragon leader if I were you. As far as I could see, he's convinced that chaos and balance equals madness, and the Illuminati seems to be happy hiding in their dome as far as I can tell. Can't say I don't understand their motives but..." he trailed off, not really knowing how to explain it, or wanting to for that matter. "The faction that seems to be doing most is the Templars, but from what I've heard so far, I'm lucky not to have had much to do with them so far. Personally, I think we need to look elsewhere. A few of the leaders of the groups that do survive for more than a few years seem to have some potential, given time and resources."

"Hmm, so we should keep an eye out for possible leaders actually. People who could help rebuild a society."
Varg rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Or we could just claw our way through the gutter called life." he mused as he swirled his drink. He could feel that he might be reaching that point where it would be wise to stop drinking.

"I think I'm calling it a night, Naiem. Thanks for a decent meal and good company."

Varg got up and bid his farewell, before walking across the hall again.