Maki121

Quote:
That's not a bad assumption, considering the page title is Morse for SOS.

I think it might be ITU code (international code)

since Morse is just for America, International code would make more sense since the Secret World is open to more than just Americans

Bedast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiah View Post
That is the standard I'm used to working with as well.
However, I did find a version where both the order of the runes and the Ingwaz rune fits perfectly with that depicted on the gate. But this thread has been moving pretty fast, so I'm not surprised it was missed.
Near as I can tell from my research there is no historical accuracy to how the Ingwaz Rune is depicted here. So I believe that it is a very "modern" interpretation and is not based on any historical information. I see that happen from time to time on many sites, people put their own "spin" on the Runes instead of taking them as they were originally drawn.

It is interesting though that the Funcom team would use it...

Aura_Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki121 View Post
http://sanctuaryofsecrets.com/

I have a theory that there is morse code or something hidden, there is definitely something here

I hear what sounds like clanging metal and something else in the static. But that could just be an adverse reaction from continuing to talk about the static.

Amica

Quote:

since Morse is just for America, International code would make more sense since the Secret World is open to more than just Americans
I'm pretty sure ...---... is "SOS" or "Help" in both Morse and ITU, but your'e right, it would make more sense for it to be in ITU. Good call.

Bedast

Quote:

No. SOS was internationally used to signal a ship in distress. It was not just an American thing. (...---...) International maritime distress signal.

International (ITU) Morse Code
Letters
a . − i . . r . − .
b − . . . j . − − − s . . .
c − . − . k − . − t −
d − . . l . − . . u . . −
e . m − − v . . . −
accented e . . − . . n − . w . − −
f . . − . o − − − x − . . −
g − − . p . − − . y − . − −
h . . . . q − − . − z − − . .

Sorry about the messed up table, not sure how to insert it properly here.

iSmartMan

Guys, I'm telling you, Magic Eye is the key. If anyone here knows how to cheat at Magic Eye, PLEASE tell me. My eyes are starting to hurt, but I keep feeling like I'm so close that I have to keep trying.

Amica

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmartMan View Post
Guys, I'm telling you, Magic Eye is the key. If anyone here knows how to cheat at Magic Eye, PLEASE tell me. My eyes are starting to hurt, but I keep feeling like I'm so close that I have to keep trying.
I think magic eye has to be a stationary picture. How many frames are repeating in the static? Maybe get a screen-cap of each frame and see what pops out?

Aura_Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmartMan View Post

I'm not too good at Magic Eye, but I've 'seen' a 'tornado' looking thing, a bunch of tiny swirls, and quickly moving horizontal lines, among others. The tornado stood out the most to me, though.

Maki121

I inverted the screen for the static, but I didn't see anything.

I've only been on here for so long :'D so I am a little bit out of the loop.

would anyone like to catch me up to speed? What exactly is the sanctuary of secrets?

FallenL0rd

goes back to my thoery of april falls on friday the 13th this year