Wodrith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
Ask me about how I pre-ordered TOR in August. It came out Dec 20th and my physical copy arrived Dec 28th. And guess why I'll never pre-order a physical copy again.
That is the exact reason I dont do online physical pre-orders. To me its a bad idea in the unlucky case something happens with shipping. I generally pre-order where I can pick up in store, though even that can go wrong. (pre-ordered skyrim from local gamestop, they werent sent the right number of copies, so I went to a target, heh.)

-Pagan-

Preordered from Amazon, who has never let me down with Release Day delivery. If a CE becomes available, I'll change my order.

Thanks OP!
"As the shore is not sea nor land,
like the time between the times
where the dawning is not day nor night
you are between the worlds...."
- Eluveitie

krysset80

Any news on a collectors edition? starting to wory me now that were are getting closer and closer, they tend to put up the versons at the same time just not add the details on whats in it.

TheChosenOne

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysset80 View Post
Any news on a collectors edition? starting to wory me now that were are getting closer and closer, they tend to put up the versons at the same time just not add the details on whats in it.
Also: The official Funcom pre-order isn't out yet which also worries me.

Mikeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
Also: The official Funcom pre-order isn't out yet which also worries me.
Tarib allready stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
Just to clarify. These are pre-orders that are put up by those vendors themselves. This basically means neither the picture of the box nor the different release dates mentioned are official.

We will make sure to publish the official pre-order offers and information as soon as they get available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
Just the common soon™. As in "shouldn't be long now".
I would speculate:

5.-9. March: PreOrder including CE at GDC
6.-8. April: OpenBeta at PAX East
24. April +/- some days: release

This would give them the best press coverage.

Roleplay Cabal http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/swttjfxq/fahne.png

Amote

Going with the conspiracy theme, I have a bad feeling that EA is the sole figure behind that posting. Why bad, you ask? Well, to me it means that EA is prepping to release the game right within the release window. If Funcom gave Amazon the info, they certainly wouldn't have forgotten to include their own name. If EA is indeed behind it, then I'm getting reverberations along the lines of SWTOR. EA held Bioware to that hard and fast date in December that was set over the summer. In my opinion, Bioware knew that the game wasn't polished (they had to. I can't believe otherwise with their general track record), yet EA was having none of it and forced an on-time release of a game for their cash infusion. I've NEVER seen an MMO with a quality experience come out on the date initially stated.

Anyway, the page being up now with only credit being given to EA shows me that they are taking the reins for release, rather than it being a collaborative effort. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that FC has the balls to stand up to them (and it's written into their contract to do so) to avoid prematurely releasing the game. This is what I've been waiting for since The Matrix Online closed down, and if EA screws this up like SWTOR, they can be damn sure that I will only be buying used in the future.

Phaeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggroBlue View Post
The Dec 31'st is prob just a placeholder. And Dam you EA! give FC some credit.
What do you mean "probably?"

Funcom hasn't given any notice about preorder offers, so clearly this is done without their involvement.

JayBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenL0rd View Post
ordered mine less than an hour ago in store and guy mentioned it was april 17th on his console
Nice birthday present that would be :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox2012 View Post
If you want to support Funcom, wait to preorder until you can do it via Funcom.com. Then Funcom gets a much bigger cut of the sale price than when you buy the game in a store

Yes! I hope they make this possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soender View Post
I will most definitely await reviews. And more specific information and footage on their pvp that currently looks like nothing but large battlegrounds cut off from the rest of the TSW setting.
O_o
What?! I don't even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeko View Post
I would speculate:

5.-9. March: PreOrder including CE at GDC
6.-8. April: OpenBeta at PAX East
24. April +/- some days: release

This would give them the best press coverage.
Yes, this date is prolly the right one. 99% certain.
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

Dreda

Hmm.. The 17th is the 3rd week into the month.

/more conspiracy

miraculix250

is there any official statement by Funcom about Origin yet? Will Origin be required to play the game? Or can i play it without installing Origin? Origin would be a no-go for me. Even buying a EA published game is hard stuff, rly hard stuff.... but being forced to install Origin ontop would make me run away asap. lol