Lyrhea

Super Moderator

I am coming to this thread as an observer. I've been watching it since it was made, truth be told. As it developed, I felt the need to pass it along to others so they were aware of what was being discussed. Feedback is important to Funcom, after all.

I just want to ask you guys to be respectful of one another's perspectives here. You may not agree, but you do have to be civil.

Thank you.
Lyrhea
Volunteer Moderator

My nerf stick is SONIC. Sonic nerf sticks are cool.

| Social Guidelines | Customer Service |
| Contact Me | Follow Me on Twitter |

Squash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrhea View Post
As it developed, I felt the need to pass it along to others so they were aware of what was being discussed. Feedback is important to Funcom, after all.
Awesome. Thank you, Lyrhea

Rktim

Quote:
I am coming to this thread as an observer. I've been watching it since it was made, truth be told. As it developed, I felt the need to pass it along to others so they were aware of what was being discussed. Feedback is important to Funcom, after all.

I just want to ask you guys to be respectful of one another's perspectives here. You may not agree, but you do have to be civil.

Thank you.
I'm honestly and positively surprised about how civil this thread has actually been ^__^

Lyrhea

Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
I'm honestly and positively surprised about how civil this thread has actually been ^__^
It never hurts to have a reminder.
Lyrhea
Volunteer Moderator

My nerf stick is SONIC. Sonic nerf sticks are cool.

| Social Guidelines | Customer Service |
| Contact Me | Follow Me on Twitter |

Jyusan

Quote:

Thank you.
Actually, this seems to have been one of the more polite discussions in general discussion.

Usually we have at least a full page of very unsubtle insults somewhere before the 7th page. Especially in a highly charged topic like this one.

Damnit. Ninja'd by the awesome Swedish guy.

Lambchopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyusan View Post
Actually, this seems to have been one of the more polite discussions in general discussion.

Usually we have at least a full page of very unsubtle insults somewhere before the 7th page. Especially in a highly charged topic like this one.

There were some major dips in that regard where things got hairy, fortunately for the most part it stayed afloat.

I certainly did my fair share of insulting. Not gonna lie.
Katrina "Katalyst" Kruschevitz - Dragon/Cerberus
.PathLess.
harmonia avia lustrat chao ad finem
|| pvp || pve ||

Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliε View Post
This confuses me...

and no im not in anyway being ignorant - its just that my sexual orientation doesn't fall into the straight category, and if i were going to play dragon... i wouldn't be offended at all 0_0

i dont understand how your guild can be LGBT-centric and yet be offended at two women engaging in... whatever they are engaging in the video

...i still say its a foot rub :P
Again it is a case of to each their own. we all view these things differently. That really is my only concern in this thread, which Lyrhea highlighted. Just be respectful of others beleifs. What I found disheartening was people being very condscending and intolerant while telling others not to be.

But then I really ought to have left it. After all this is not the first time I have raised this. I think from now on I will not raise it again and leave people too it.

And yes, people did not actually watch it I don't think. At the start I had not seen it, but as I said, if it were to the theme of having a sexual encounter, I would feel my character choice was being dictated. And could understand that other may feel the same.

I do not think that actually happened. Was just a sexualised woman getting a bit touchy feeling and clearly liberal yes, but she does nothing much more than touch or so it seems. I was actually more on edge at the creepy tattoo guy in his underwear staring.

Again though that is my view. Maybe we could start a thread on who feels traumatised by weird tattoo guy in his kecks, and we can all insult each other on weather anyone should feel ill at ease over such a thing?
AKA Mr-March

*~*∞*~*NOW RECRUITING*~*∞*~*
β–‘β–’β–“ ∞∞∞ Ζ  U R O B O R O Β§ ∞∞∞ β–“β–’β–‘
~∞∞~ A Dragon cabal for TSW on Huldra ~∞∞~
β–’β–“βˆžβˆžhttp://ouroboroscommunity.enjin.com/βˆžβˆžβ–“β–’

Arix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZac View Post
I wish I could say I'm surprised by this game design, but I'm not. LGBT players are a minority in the gaming community, so it's to be expected.

However, if this was a scene with a guy. I'd be all over that. This opening makes not want to play Dragon though...

Our guild (which is LGBT-centric) is considering Illuminati instead, if we play this game.
I don't understand... As someone who is part of the G as well as the S in GSM (Gender and Sexual Minority since the term LGBT is not all inclusive) I have a lot of trouble understanding this issue. Those of the GSM crowd should be HAPPY that a scene with two women is in the game. While yes, having a scene with two men would be even more awesome just having a scene with two women shows how far things have come. If this was only a few years ago there would either be no scene like this or two different scenes, one for male characters with a female and one for female characters for a male. The fact that for both sexes the NPC is female is INNOVATION on the point of accepting those who are GSM.

EDIT: O also, how do we know there's not a guy on guy scene later? I really, really hope there is so that it's all inclusive. I also really hope crossdressing is allowed and I kinda really want a few drag queens in the game.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
-Albert Einstein

Rktim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyusan View Post
BOOOYAA!! =D <3

And on topic...

I don't really see it as feasible to have it any other way then the way it is.. You get the same problem but more people that are effected if you change it to a male, and having both male and female is costly.. And if you go down that route you have to start catering to all kind of preferences.. And even if it was just for this once scene it could mess up several cut-scenes that come after it up to the point where you might have to have two options for your dragon contact for the rest of the game... -.^

Personally id prefer if the gal was a neko stile catgirl.. But we simply cant all win! ^_^

Arix remember that even if its easy to get carried away its not good if it goes overboard ether.. If FC should focus on HBT (lgbt) questions at all they should probably try to keep a believable ratio at around 1:10 of the main characters.. Allot of people get annoyed when they feel that minorities are over represented, and thats a bad thing.. Sure you might think that they should stop being bigots, but.. Yeah, i think you understand what i mean.. And on top of that it doesn't need to be obvious or even hinted on all of those that do fall in to it except maybe for a line in a quest log or a online bio or something somewhere... Its my firm belief that if you want to have HBT people waived as normal you should depict them as normal, as such you don't need to lift out there sexual orientation in any way (this is also the reason why I find pride parades to generally be counter-productive, and i know there's allot of HBT people who agree with me there). So if theres 200 main characters, around 20-30 should have a different sexual orientation and we should only really notice it maybe on 2-3 of those..

Idk. Some might disagree, but I think it would make sense -.^

Zyflix

I actualy feel bad for the npc woman in the video, not the pc one. She says you won't know why you're told to do things, but you must do them. Apparently someone told her it's her job to "initiate" every new dragon. Even the ones who only bathe once a year, and eat nothing but burgers and fries. She is really, truly loyal to stick with that.

But I think the scene makes sense. She's not just using one of the oldest forms of ritualism, as some have already said on this thread, but she's also applying the taoist method of controling another by taking the lower position. Her interpretation of that method is just... extremely literal!