∆nima

Just remember that all avaliable pieces of clothing has to fit on all possible combinations of body size and shape.
Meshs can be stretched/squeezed to fit, but only to a point (if visual quality is to be maintained). After that someone has to put manhours into adjusting it onto a each possible frame (or group thereof) everytime a new item is introduced.
That is one of the reasons there usual are restriction on how much you can change the body proportions.

Oh, and of course the same with animations.

Amica

I just wanna say that it's not very comfortable to run in a thong. Just saying, when you've got stuff to do, you don't wanna deal with feeling like you're getting cut in half.

Luned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjus View Post
Ideal world, I should be able to recreate my bizarrely lady-hipped pear bodied self without too many issues :P

FOREVER AND EVER AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

And female jeans that aren't lowriders for gosh sakes!!!!!!

Lambchopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amica View Post
I just wanna say that it's not very comfortable to run in a thong. Just saying, when you've got stuff to do, you don't wanna deal with feeling like you're getting cut in half.
I'm gonna go ahead and trust you on that one.

I do hope they have some pretty robust character creation.

I mean, a few sliders are a good start but y'know.

Can never have too much things to customize.
Katrina "Katalyst" Kruschevitz - Dragon/Cerberus
.PathLess.
harmonia avia lustrat chao ad finem
|| pvp || pve ||

Fanticule

I honestly don't know what's the matter with you people. The Roman Legions, the Waffen SS, the Foreign Legion, U.S. Marines, Coldstream Guards and SAS Regiment all understood that 19 year old girls wearing midi blouses were and are the greatist kick-asses on the planet. They are also natural leaders and effortlessly fall into command of any special ops. Particularly if they have bobbing pony tails.

Amica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchopz View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and trust you on that one.

I do hope they have some pretty robust character creation.

I mean, a few sliders are a good start but y'know.

Can never have too much things to customize.
I made the mistake of bowling in a thong once. Once.

Yume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amica View Post
I made the mistake of bowling in a thong once. Once.
Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Pastabasta

Maybe this is not the ideal thread to post my concern but:
Why are the women players in almost all TSW videos scantily dressed? I know the game will have A LOT of clothing options but the videos that promote the game have women dressed like they are 15 year old rebels (whale tails, ultra short pants and so on). It's not that this insults me personally, but this makes a bad impression of the game to the potential clients.

People say things like:
'She's running around with a whale tail? So the target demographic is 14yr old's & dysfunctional adults I guess? Bottom of the barrel devices like these are always the sign of a mediocre game trying to use dodgy sex appeal to draw players in. PASS.' (from http://www.gamespot.com/the-secret-w...n-gdc-6366329/)

I just hope I don't sound too negative.

_singularity_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanticule View Post
I honestly don't know what's the matter with you people. The Roman Legions, the Waffen SS, the Foreign Legion, U.S. Marines, Coldstream Guards and SAS Regiment all understood that 19 year old girls wearing midi blouses were and are the greatist kick-asses on the planet. They are also natural leaders and effortlessly fall into command of any special ops. Particularly if they have bobbing pony tails.
When I was younger, I dated a 19 year old who wore tube-tops and mini skirts with bleach-blond hair. She was easily the most terrifying thing in my world for some months. If you were to add a sledge hammer and a shotgun to that, I think I'd piss myself.

Bravo to Funcom for creating truly terrifying creatures...

Lambchopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastabasta View Post
Maybe this is not the ideal thread to post my concern but:
Why are the women players in almost all TSW videos scantily dressed? I know the game will have A LOT of clothing options but the videos that promote the game have women dressed like they are 15 year old rebels (whale tails, ultra short pants and so on). It's not that this insults me personally, but this makes a bad impression of the game to the potential clients.

People say things like:
'She's running around with a whale tail? So the target demographic is 14yr old's & dysfunctional adults I guess? Bottom of the barrel devices like these are always the sign of a mediocre game trying to use dodgy sex appeal to draw players in. PASS.' (from http://www.gamespot.com/the-secret-w...n-gdc-6366329/)

I just hope I don't sound too negative.
I found this interesting also. Seems like a strange way to market gameplay lol.

But yeah, I personally don't care, just seems a bit weird. But, sometimes Funcom does weird things. I usually don't question it.
Katrina "Katalyst" Kruschevitz - Dragon/Cerberus
.PathLess.
harmonia avia lustrat chao ad finem
|| pvp || pve ||